Home

OFFlINE CFM players

This is a discussion on OFFlINE CFM players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
OFFlINE CFM players

I've been playing Madden since the very beginning of its creation. Once Madden started to become realistic from a "franchise mode" point of view, I've been hooked. I'm the type of guy who only buys Madden for connected franchise mode and every year I have more fun than the last. I never play online and I never play the ultimate team mode. The only other time I play Madden when I'm not glued to CFM is when I'm playing with friends. With that being said I would like to hear from those who are offline CFM freaks.

This time of year I'm literally counting down the days until Madden comes out so I can begin my franchise. The only bad thing is, is that sliders aren't created by people yet and 9 out of 10 times I restart my franchise until I find the perfect slider set. I get really in to the franchise and make it as realistic as possible.

Since my Buffalo Bills haven't been great in many years, theyre usually my team every time. I absolutely love to rebuild the team and try to make them better, and once my Bills are good (in real life) I'll take another bad team and start the rebuild. Since I make the game difficult for myself, sometimes it can take me 3 years to produce a contending team. That's why I love offline CFM. I honestly take it so serious to the point that I write down all the teams 1st round picks from each draft every year so I can keep and eye on what players excel and which players are busts. Also I take it overly serious to the point that I actually have a computer in front of me and keep records of the players I've scouted and would like to draft. I like to have that information in front of me so I can make a wise pick in a decent amount of time. This probably sounds so lame but I get in to it...way to much lol. How do you treat your franchise? Are you casual about it or are you an all out player?

I really hope in Madden 16 that the drive goals are legit. It sounds like a great idea, but I hope if I've got a game already won in the 4th quarter, that it doesn't ask me to keep passing to reach my QB's goals. I hope it actually does ask us to reach goals based on the scenario.

I think the draft has been great but we all know it could be better. Lets hope this year has that. One thing I would LOVE to see changed is the players photo. Sometimes they have a picture of some short fat guy who is supposed to be a QB. I would rather them just have animated photos for players so they actually look like the type that plays their position. I honestly wont draft a QB if he looks like a chubby average joe lol.

I could go on and on with ideas but that's not what I wanted to do with this post, however, I just want to float one more idea. I would love to see scores from other games while I'm playing a game myself. In FIFA 15 a mini "out of town" scoreboard comes up and a 3rd announcer chimes in and tells you the current score and who just netted the goal. That would be fantastic if Madden did this, especially when it comes close to being playoff time.

Every year when the playoff picture is being finalized I try to figure out what needs to happen for my team and other teams to either make or miss the postseason. I would like a separate option in the stats menu that is labeled "Playoff Scenarios". There it would tell you what could happen and/or what needs to happen. That then can be incorporated in to the gameplay. The announcers can talk about the out of town scores, and if your season is on the line and you need another team to win or lose, it will be that much more interesting.

Sorry about this long post, I got off topic but I just want to know how people roll with offline CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: OFFlINE CFM players

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
I've been playing Madden since the very beginning of its creation. Once Madden started to become realistic from a "franchise mode" point of view, I've been hooked. I'm the type of guy who only buys Madden for connected franchise mode and every year I have more fun than the last. I never play online and I never play the ultimate team mode. The only other time I play Madden when I'm not glued to CFM is when I'm playing with friends. With that being said I would like to hear from those who are offline CFM freaks.

This time of year I'm literally counting down the days until Madden comes out so I can begin my franchise. The only bad thing is, is that sliders aren't created by people yet and 9 out of 10 times I restart my franchise until I find the perfect slider set. I get really in to the franchise and make it as realistic as possible.

Since my Buffalo Bills haven't been great in many years, theyre usually my team every time. I absolutely love to rebuild the team and try to make them better, and once my Bills are good (in real life) I'll take another bad team and start the rebuild. Since I make the game difficult for myself, sometimes it can take me 3 years to produce a contending team. That's why I love offline CFM. I honestly take it so serious to the point that I write down all the teams 1st round picks from each draft every year so I can keep and eye on what players excel and which players are busts. Also I take it overly serious to the point that I actually have a computer in front of me and keep records of the players I've scouted and would like to draft. I like to have that information in front of me so I can make a wise pick in a decent amount of time. This probably sounds so lame but I get in to it...way to much lol. How do you treat your franchise? Are you casual about it or are you an all out player?

I really hope in Madden 16 that the drive goals are legit. It sounds like a great idea, but I hope if I've got a game already won in the 4th quarter, that it doesn't ask me to keep passing to reach my QB's goals. I hope it actually does ask us to reach goals based on the scenario.

I think the draft has been great but we all know it could be better. Lets hope this year has that. One thing I would LOVE to see changed is the players photo. Sometimes they have a picture of some short fat guy who is supposed to be a QB. I would rather them just have animated photos for players so they actually look like the type that plays their position. I honestly wont draft a QB if he looks like a chubby average joe lol.

I could go on and on with ideas but that's not what I wanted to do with this post, however, I just want to float one more idea. I would love to see scores from other games while I'm playing a game myself. In FIFA 15 a mini "out of town" scoreboard comes up and a 3rd announcer chimes in and tells you the current score and who just netted the goal. That would be fantastic if Madden did this, especially when it comes close to being playoff time.

Every year when the playoff picture is being finalized I try to figure out what needs to happen for my team and other teams to either make or miss the postseason. I would like a separate option in the stats menu that is labeled "Playoff Scenarios". There it would tell you what could happen and/or what needs to happen. That then can be incorporated in to the gameplay. The announcers can talk about the out of town scores, and if your season is on the line and you need another team to win or lose, it will be that much more interesting.

Sorry about this long post, I got off topic but I just want to know how people roll with offline CFM.
There's a drive goal called "Put a bow on it" or something like that, and it says get a first down or two first downs, depending on how much time is left, and run out the clock.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:10 PM   #3
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

Hopefully goals can be shut off.

Just one goal in football, WIN! That's all that matters to me.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:19 PM   #4
Rookie

wpgjets23's Arena

OVR: 0

I only play offline CFM as well...for me, it's similar to how you play...I take a bad team and rebuilt them. Usually move them from whatever city they are in as well, I like the way they treat the relocation, but would love to see more cities (especially in Canada) and more choices for names, logos and colour schemes. When it comes to drafting, I go one of two routes...either draft for scheme or players that are close in height, weight and colour as the players on my hometown CFL team, then give the players their numbers. I also play CFM with my buddies, where we all play on the same team. Drafting in those CFMs, are just to upgrade the scrubs on whichever team we are using...usually a team that can have snow games.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:36 PM   #5
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step2001
Hopefully goals can be shut off.

Just one goal in football, WIN! That's all that matters to me.
Goals feedback is optional
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2015, 12:03 AM   #6
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Always awesome to see other Bills fans on the forums (season ticket holder here).

As with most of my franchise playthroughs, I usually run with unsuccessful teams and rebuild them to my heart's content and see how far I can go. I play 95% or more of my games with the Bills as well. They're in really good shape with most of their current core intact, though cap problems are currently a major stumbling block. :P

As for certain playing styles, I usually don't stress over meeting specific goals and play normally. I'm pretty disenchanted with some of the overreliance on XP but I find it fun to progress younger players and see backups grow into NFL regulars.

I haven't stumbled upon anything too unrealistic in M15, though getting enough XP to give players Superstar development has the potential to make things a bit more unbalanced. Right now, a 28-year old Cyrus Kouandjio has Superstar development and hasn't made it past 75 OVR but he's inexplicably made the Pro Bowl as an injury replacement for 92 OVR Seantrell Henderson (also with Superster Development, though he gained it at a younger age with starters' minutes on a successful team).

I just try to have fun with it. While some of the performance-based progression isn't necessarily as accurate as I'd like it to be, developing players adds another layer to what's there. I prefer it to a hands-off progression model, though nothing truly compares to the great progression system in the last few Maddens of the PS2/Xbox generation, which truly accounted for performance, coaching and team success.

It's a flawed but fun experience. I just hope more strides are made in future iterations, especially with in-game immersion.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:15 AM   #7

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Like you I am offline CFM junkie. I play solely this and have been doing so since Madden 2003...probably longer than any grown man should, but I love it. I like to take project rebuild teams as well.

In my signature you can see my two current ongoing projects, Jaguars and Eastern Michigan....haha like I said project teams.

I would say if you really enjoy keeping track of everything and writing it all down, you should consider keeping a franchise report on here like myself and many others. It really added an extra dimension to playing Madden/NCAA for me. Made me fall in love all over again you could say.

Always happy to hear from another offline CFM fan!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 07-11-2015, 08:55 AM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

The way you guys approach CFM sounds really cool. I've never taken a bad team and tried to rebuild them. I play one season with the Eagles when the real season starts and then every other one that I do is a fantasy draft. It's fun playing with different players and mixing up the rosters. I usually manually control the coaches in my division once the draft ends so I can force through trades to give them good QBs and Olines. I love that Madden allows us to do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »