Home

Madden 16 Fantasy Draft CFM

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Fantasy Draft CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2015, 11:40 PM   #9
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 16 Fantasy Draft CFM

As much fun as it is to theorize about it now, I think once the game is released, our opinions will change drastically about what is important to look for. For example, last year elite DEs weren't important because QBs would get sacked by just about anyone. I found that DTs got more sacks than DEs anyway (PMV/str/bsh > FMV/acc, I guess).

But that could very well change, and elite DEs could be relevant again, like they are in the real NFL. Good WR/CBs were already important in '15, but this year they could be even more important. Last year it also seemed like interior offensive linemen were more valuable than tackles. I grabbed the top 2 guards in the league in the ~10th round because the CPU teams valued them so low.

So point is, I'd suggest playing a lot of games before nailing down your draft strategy.

One thing that probably won't change is that there will be an extreme abundance of LB talent, and a slight shortage of TE talent, especially young elite TE talent. So maybe, for example, that puts Gronk higher up on your board that he otherwise would be, and Kuechley a little lower.

If you like mobile QBs, there could be a run on those, especially if your friends also like mobile QBs.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:50 AM   #10
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

Sometimes I like to challenge myself and draft all rookies or 2nd year players to have a very young team. Then I go for a qb that is dual threat. Marriota would be perfect for me here..Then I go either WR or top Defensive player. Like to target a shutdown corner, MLB, or DT here depending on who is available. Hard to pass on a guy like JJ Watt but again, I'm going for a challenge.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:42 AM   #11
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

I'd like to have a good QB, but the only QB I want to draft is Mariota. If he's picked by the time it gets to me, then I will probably pass on a QB for awhile.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 03:12 AM   #12
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

With some gameplay footage coming out, I feel like most people will be taking a QB, WR, or DB in any order with their first three picks.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:05 AM   #13
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

Some annoying things right off the bat for Fantasy CFM.

You can't sort by overall or really any rating when browsing players to draft. I pressed X thinking it would sort and it immediately drafted that player I was on (with no warning). What a dumb decision. How do you miss that? Hopefully it will get fixed but I highly doubt it.

Also, this list of players on the main page does not show any other info other than the name of the player, the team they were drafted to, and the number they were drafted at. No position, no overall rating, no round information, nothing. Much more minor issue, but still annoying nonetheless. Classic EA though.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:31 AM   #14
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

Not that I need a ton of features for a fantasy draft, but I was definitely going to do one this year; very disappointing you can't even sort by ratings. When I'm in later rounds, I may want to take the best route running receiver, or best tackling linebacker, etc. to fill out my roster, but you're saying you can't even sort by these?
Old 08-29-2015, 12:15 AM   #15
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

Now that a lot of people have had a chance to get some hands on experience with the game, what are some of your guys opinions on how you would build a team?

I believe this year the differences between elite and bad QB's are more noticeable, but I've still been able to win games with QB's like Manziel and Tyrod Taylor. The only way I'd take a QB early is if I had a top 5 pick. Luck is the go to IMO but I would be ok with Rodgers, Wilson, or Newton. I like picking defense early and much rather like getting a mid to late first round pick and build your defense around this player. Someone like Revis, Kuechly, and I wish I could say Watt, but I feel like defensive lineman don't get the pressure they should. You then get to pick earlier the next round and either go with another star on defense or pick up a stud WR. You can usually find an elite RB still between Rounds 5-7.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »