Home

Some New Madden NFL 16 Screenshots

This is a discussion on Some New Madden NFL 16 Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2015, 09:28 PM   #57
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Some New Madden NFL 16 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
Its crazy how much different it looks with the mouthpiece and sleeves
I mean the graphics are already amazing, if they add accurate accessories and equipment, it just takes the game to a different level.

Will give the game a fresh look totally separating it from last gen.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #58
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I mean the graphics are already amazing, if they add accurate accessories and equipment, it just takes the game to a different level.

Will give the game a fresh look totally separating it from last gen.
That's what im saying it makes it look even more amazing. Maybe one day they will.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:11 PM   #59
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
back in the ps2 days EA released a trailer type thing for next gen

I remember thinking how beautiful it looked and how I never believed a video game could look that good

Now I think it looks terrible lol the game (and video games in general) have come a long way
06 next gen was the worst, and one thing for sure, this dev team are not the guys that allows that kind of mess. Wish new equipment was in too, even though you all know I like the old stuff. NCAA had the retro equipment in before Madden, to add what someone else said about NCAA options of old. I will take the equipment thing on the chin if gameplay is superb, but still have dire hope for even more alternate unis.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:05 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_3
That's what im saying it makes it look even more amazing. Maybe one day they will.
Seems like the only way to get them to do things is to keep bugging them and complaining, it has worked a number of times. The frustrating thing is that a lot of this stuff is just football and shouldn't require people to bug and complain in order to get it.

Considering the mess of legacy code they're dealing with, there is no realistic reason to think all of the mountain of gameplay issues will ever be resolved this generation or any time going forward if they continue to use the same flawed foundation, so I say instead of screwing around with this do a little this year do a little next year approach with small details, just dedicate this entire next cycle to small details that you've just dismissed and neglected since Madden 10. There are a ton of them to address and I think people would really respect that, plus the game desperately needs it. We're talking about mouthpieces and basic equipment being missing in 2015; the last game I remember having mouthpieces was NFL 2K5 and that was 11 years ago.

I totally get that these things are not high on their priority list right now, but let's be realistic here; the things that are high on their list are all things that they've been at for many years and have yet to nail and have in a number of years actually made worse, so what would it hurt to attack the lowest hanging fruit for once? It would sure fill up the back-of-the-box and give people that feeling of give a damn that Tiburon has a hard time projecting.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:46 PM   #61
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
We're talking about mouthpieces and basic equipment being missing in 2015; the last game I remember having mouthpieces was NFL 2K5 and that was 11 years ago.
This is neither here nor there, but I am reasonably positive that every PS2-era Madden and NCAA Football game from 2003 onward had mouthpieces. Nevertheless, they've been absent from the EA Sports football games since the jump to XBOX 360, and that point doesn't really invalidate the spirit of your post.

As to relative priority levels of equipment - I'm reasonably positive that if in an alternate universe it was publicly revealed that this year's WR/DB interaction rebuild and gameplay mechanics or penalties overhaul was cut from Madden NFL 16 in favor of updating equipment, adding mouthpieces, and other purely cosmetic flair, the vast majority of this forum would throw a fit and question Tiburon's priorities.

Just my opinion, but I think Tiburon is correct in holding core gameplay as higher priority over authenticity-enhancing eye candy. Granted, I also don't think that Tiburon is helplessly incompetent and my opinion is that the game has actually dramatically improved in quality across the board over the course of time, so take my opinion how you will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 11:59 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This is neither here nor there, but I am reasonably positive that every PS2-era Madden and NCAA Football game from 2003 onward had mouthpieces. Nevertheless, they've been absent from the EA Sports football games since the jump to XBOX 360, and that point doesn't really invalidate the spirit of your post.

As to relative priority levels of equipment - I'm reasonably positive that if in an alternate universe it was publicly revealed that this year's WR/DB interaction rebuild and gameplay mechanics or penalties overhaul was cut from Madden NFL 16 in favor of updating equipment, adding mouthpieces, and other purely cosmetic flair, the vast majority of this forum would throw a fit and question Tiburon's priorities.

Just my opinion, but I think Tiburon is correct in holding core gameplay as higher priority over authenticity-enhancing eye candy. Granted, I also don't think that Tiburon is helplessly incompetent and my opinion is that the game has actually dramatically improved in quality across the board over the course of time, so take my opinion how you will.
I think EA has hit a HR this year with Madden. The only thing I, personally, hated about Madden was the lack of penalties. The other stuff I could live with. Fix the gameplay and make it perfect. And for the broadcast, I don't really know because I didn't get 15. I don't care if a guy has a mouthpiece or not. I also can't tell if a jersey is screwed unless someone points it out to me. If they prioritized these types of silly little things, IMO, over realistic penalties and WR/DB interactions I would be furious and skip Madden again unless I got as a gift from my parents and even then I wouldn't play as much as other games such as NBA 2K and Fallout 4.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:14 AM   #63
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I think EA has hit a HR this year with Madden. The only thing I, personally, hated about Madden was the lack of penalties. The other stuff I could live with. Fix the gameplay and make it perfect. And for the broadcast, I don't really know because I didn't get 15. I don't care if a guy has a mouthpiece or not. I also can't tell if a jersey is screwed unless someone points it out to me. If they prioritized these types of silly little things, IMO, over realistic penalties and WR/DB interactions I would be furious and skip Madden again unless I got as a gift from my parents and even then I wouldn't play as much as other games such as NBA 2K and Fallout 4.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think that the requests for authenticity-adding cosmetic items or changes are without merit. I'm a Cowboys fan, and - while I wasn't throwing my arms up protesting this inaccuracy in prior years - I'm elated that Tiburon finally has nailed the number font and blue colors on the Cowboys home uniforms this year. So to that end I sympathize with those noting team-specific uniform issues like improper kerning on Vikings' away jersey numbers (as pointed out in the Jerrick McKinnon screen shot).

However, I'm absolutely with you in the general case that mouthpieces and other optional cosmetics simply don't move the needle for me personally compared to a lot of other things in the game, and while I'm not about to run a poll or anything I would hazard to guess that a very large part of this community feels the same way.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:38 AM   #64
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This is neither here nor there, but I am reasonably positive that every PS2-era Madden and NCAA Football game from 2003 onward had mouthpieces.

PS2-era Madden definitely had mouthpieces.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »