Home

Madden 15 vs madden 16 graphics

This is a discussion on Madden 15 vs madden 16 graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2015, 12:17 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 15 vs madden 16 graphics

I'm getting a little worried about all this talk on how the dome and night games look graphically better this year in '16. I know EA is only releasing minor screenshots for ratings reveals but all of them have been day game shots. Am I wrong in thinking they could show off their improvements in some of these screenshots they're releasing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #42
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I hope they worked on the day lighting as well. Madden 15 was just kind of dark and drab. Beautiful game but just a little dark. I hope it's brighter and the colors pop more on 16

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-25-2015, 05:04 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lighting has been one of the weakest graphical aspects of Madden for a long time. I really hope it is improved.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:53 PM   #44
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMrAngryEyesxX
I'm getting a little worried about all this talk on how the dome and night games look graphically better this year in '16. I know EA is only releasing minor screenshots for ratings reveals but all of them have been day game shots. Am I wrong in thinking they could show off their improvements in some of these screenshots they're releasing?
Indoor shots

Night

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-26-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:07 PM   #45
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Madden just isn't a great looking game. When you compare it to pes or nba2k it doesn't look realstic. It looks like a video game. Those two are going for photo realism. Madden is just way behind. Just like they are in everything. :/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #46
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
Madden just isn't a great looking game. When you compare it to pes or nba2k it doesn't look realstic. It looks like a video game. Those two are going for photo realism. Madden is just way behind. Just like they are in everything. :/

Graphics can be a very subjective thing. Certain things look great or awful to certain people.

That said, I couldn't disagree more. While Madden needs to improve their player models & lighting, there are many aspects that Madden does awesomely. RE: NBA2K, I'm over their graphics, overrated if you ask me. Their skin textures look rubbery, anatomically there are tons of issues, and their "cinematic" lighting completely ruins the immersion for me. People say NBA2k15 wipes the floor with Live15 in graphics, but Live15 (let alone the improvements 16 has shown) does many things better than 2k ...

Last edited by iLLWiLL; 07-26-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #47
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Graphics can be a very subjective thing. Certain things look great or awful to certain people.

That said, I couldn't disagree more. While Madden needs to improve their player models & lighting, there are many aspects that Madden does awesomely. RE: NBA2K, I'm over their graphics, overrated if you ask me. Their skin textures look rubbery, anatomically there are tons of issues, and their "cinematic" lighting completely ruins the immersion for me. People say NBA2k15 wipes the floor with Live15 in graphics, but Live15 (let alone the improvements 16 has shown) does many things better than 2k ...

lol what are these " many " things ? Other than atmosphere which is good but turnt up to unrealistic level .

The lighting in 2k15 is too dark and it was good in 2k14 . But the player models were good emttr more rubbery ones came from the port over models . This year 2k are including body scans of the players so that's another level 2k is taking to improve their game . 2k has its flaws but it's still better than Live who has a long way to go .
Old 07-26-2015, 06:40 PM   #48
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
lol what are these " many " things ? Other than atmosphere which is good but turnt up to unrealistic level .
So you're going to try to tell me this screenshot isn't great looking, that Madden does few things right?

The day lighting has been great since M15. The jersey/uniform textures are great. Helmet reflections are great (yes, reflections can be overexaggerated and too reflective, and remains to be seen whether teams like the 49ers keep their sparkly metallic shine during night games). Team colors, for the most part, are very accurate. They've paid great attention to fans complaints like number spacing. (They even made the Nike Flywire strips on the jerseys reflective.) Skin textures are improved. Details like sweat and dirtied uniforms are present. Stadiums are good, and the fans have improved (yes, I agree to unrealistic levels, I've said before that the fans are too boisterous on a constant basis).

Yes, they need equipment updates. Yes, there needs to be varying muscle tones. And yes certain aspects of the player models (overexaggerated knee pads, and shoulder pads need to become their own entities). Yes, there *is* room for improvement.

But to say M15/M16 looks like crap or doesn't look next-gen ... yeah, again it's subjective -- but let me know what parallel universe you are in which sports graphics just put these to shame. MLB The Show is the best sports on the market, but graphically their player models are getting long in the tooth (see NBA 2K) ...

Last edited by iLLWiLL; 07-26-2015 at 06:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »