Home

Madden NFL 16 Rookie Ratings Revealed Tomorrow, Any Predictions?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Rookie Ratings Revealed Tomorrow, Any Predictions? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2015, 12:09 AM   #25
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 16 Rookie Ratings Revealed Tomorrow, Any Predictions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Where did you see that? The OP has a video from the official Madden Facebook page (with the blue check mark) that states 7/20/15 at the end.
I think he's attempting to make a joke about the delay of the release of the presentation blog.

Anyway, I'm mainly curious to see how many rookies' ratings they reveal, and I wonder if they are going to grade Randy Gregory as the first-round talent he was or if his ratings are going to get docked on account of his draft slide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 12:39 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I think he's attempting to make a joke about the delay of the release of the presentation blog.

Anyway, I'm mainly curious to see how many rookies' ratings they reveal, and I wonder if they are going to grade Randy Gregory as the first-round talent he was or if his ratings are going to get docked on account of his draft slide.
Completely forgot about that...and have they done that in the past with other guys like Clarett or Rodgers (obviously a different case)?
Old 07-20-2015, 02:47 AM   #27
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

My prediction Jameis Winston will be wildly overrated.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:29 AM   #28
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I think the ratings at least overall wise will fall in line with how rookie ratings have in recent years. I think if there is any big difference it will be in the SPD category. With DM saying they reworked it, my guess is still that they just scaled it back significantly.

Quote:
I think that the latter will be the case, seems like they've always done it that way. I'm sure Marcus Peters will be lower than all the corners that went before him as well. I'll be interested to see what they give La'el Collins given his situation.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:34 AM   #29
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Randy Gregory and La'el Collins ratings better not be impacted simply because draft position. Doesn't indicate talent and that will severely piss me off.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:29 AM   #30
Rookie

Looking at Blake Borltes rating last year makes me think Winston gets an 81 to start.
I really wish they'd get away from ratings and just go by skill traits though.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:34 AM   #31
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Randy Gregory and La'el Collins ratings better not be impacted simply because draft position. Doesn't indicate talent and that will severely piss me off.
Based on various talking heads, Gregory was still a very raw player. He has the physicals, but lacked actual technique, and relied too heavily on athleticism alone. So I'm hoping his physical ratings are high for a rookie, but his intangibles should be low.

Also, he should not be rated anywhere close to what Clowney was rated last year.

As for LaEl, he didn't have much going against him, just a minor foot injury, but I doubt he'll be rated as a top 10 player since he went undrafted.

We shall see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #32
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Based on various talking heads, Gregory was still a very raw player. He has the physicals, but lacked actual technique, and relied too heavily on athleticism alone. So I'm hoping his physical ratings are high for a rookie, but his intangibles should be low.

Also, he should not be rated anywhere close to what Clowney was rated last year.

As for LaEl, he didn't have much going against him, just a minor foot injury, but I doubt he'll be rated as a top 10 player since he went undrafted.

We shall see.
I understand that about Randy, but La'el should be rated well!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »