Home

Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Running Backs

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Running Backs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2015, 03:59 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 Top 5 Running Backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Sure:

Charles reached a top velocity of 11.14 yds/second but did it at the 4.30 second mark, shortly before his 40 was completed. So Charles would have slower ACC, but higher SPD than Gordon.

Also, Charles dropoff in speed is very, very rare. His sprint endurance is elite, which speaks to why he was also a sprinter in college. The guy just doesn't slow down. I would be willing to bet that Charles breaks his big runs not because he is a ton faster than everyone else, but because he doesn't fall off as much as everyone else after 40 yards. It's pretty cool to see this.
This is actually very impressive. But after comparing MM to MG3 and then MG3 to Jamaal, It shows that EA doesnt have consistency in their spd ratings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 04:06 PM   #42
MVP

Number999's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Running Backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveparkmin
Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones are most dumb owners/GM and vice president as Father and Son who let Demarco Murray go and signed with Eagles
With that offensive line, you don't need to overpay for a 1-year hit wonder like Murray. I'm sure they'll be fine.

Anyways, in terms of the list it's solid. I'm really glad they didn't knock AP due to his little scandal and all... of course the ratings are outrageous but you shouldn't expect anything less from Madden. The speed rating decreases are nice but I have a bad feeling it's not going to apply to QBs and only make scramblers even more OP.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 07-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 4

For all the claims about wanting a SIM game, I'm sorry but this is where things just don't add up to me. Making rosters that properly reflect player skills should not be a long term project; heck, if they want to keep making their arcade-themed ratings so be it, but at least show some consistency!

EA clearly makes these ratings on a whim... There is no logic or thought behind. Set aside the discussion of what should determine a player's speed and accept the fact that EA uses 40 time for this... How come 40 times don't reflect a dude's speed?????

I'm sorry, and I hope this doesn't come off as the type of post that leads to a warning, but they just don't know how to do things. They decide a random overall rating first, and then try to manipulate the ratings to fit said overall.

Their idea of tweaking speed was just lowering for everyone with no rhyme or reason; and let's not start on how they artificially lower rookie ratings by giving them awful awareness, basically guaranteeing they'll all be studs by year two of a CFM.

If they read the threads, how come they rarely chime in when stuff like this happens? Why can't anyone at EA explain the "logic" behind the ratings?
Old 07-21-2015, 04:10 PM   #44
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastajav
So what you're saying is Gordon should be 87 -88 spd? You didnt answer my question then about it being justified then. And it doesnt end the debate like you wanted it to.
I was trying to end the debate? What? I LOVE these debates! Please, don't end them!

What I am saying is that Gordon's speed, and everyone's speed, should be based on data that is more accurate than 40 times. I don't know what those SPD rating numbers should be, but I can guess that right now that they are not accurate. Using the split times, you can calculate the exact path that every player should be running in the game. It's a very simple thing to do if you know some calculus.

Using the system that I use, I can tell you this, and maybe this gets to what you are wanting to know (I actually don't recall you asking a particular question, just using some sarcasm based on who you think is faster).

Since speed is defined as maximum velocity, here are the maximum velocities for the players I recall you mentioning. All numbers are in yards/second.

Order by top speed:
Fowler: 11.34 in 2.64 sec
Peterson: 11.22 in 3.99 sec
Charles: 11.14 in 4.30 sec
Murray: 11.07 in 3.32 sec
Lynch: 10.98 in 4.05 seconds
Gordon: 10.85 in 2.99 sec
Beasley: 10.72 in 3.13 sec
Gurley: 10.69 in 3.36 sec

Order by acceleration:

If EA rated players properly, Dante Fowler would be faster and have better ACC than all of these RBs. However, his stamina would be a lot worse. He is like a firecracker when he runs - he gets up to a fast speed really quickly, but he slows down very quickly after reaching that top speed. On the other extreme, Jamaal Charles gets up to a pretty quick speed but his endurance is fantastic, so after 40 yards, he will start to really pull away from his competition. Peterson and Lynch are similar to Charles. They take a little more time to get up to top speed, but they don't fall off as much as those a DE/LB in pursuit like Fowler.

I know that it seems kinda hard to believe, but anyone can do this math. Plug in the splits and differentiate.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-21-2015, 04:17 PM   #45
Banned

Bolieve's Arena

I guess Shady McCoy is top ten then. I'm guessing a 91 or 90.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 04:17 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
I was trying to end the debate? What? I LOVE these debates! Please, don't end them!

What I am saying is that Gordon's speed, and everyone's speed, should be based on data that is more accurate than 40 times. I don't know what those SPD rating numbers should be, but I can guess that right now that they are not accurate. Using the split times, you can calculate the exact path that every player should be running in the game. It's a very simple thing to do if you know some calculus.

Using the system that I use, I can tell you this, and maybe this gets to what you are wanting to know (I actually don't recall you asking a particular question, just using some sarcasm based on who you think is faster).

Since speed is defined as maximum velocity, here are the maximum velocities for the players I recall you mentioning. All numbers are in yards/second.

Order by top speed:

Order by acceleration:

If EA rated players properly, Dante Fowler would be faster and have better ACC than all of these RBs. However, his stamina would be a lot worse. He is like a firecracker when he runs - he gets up to a fast speed really quickly, but he slows down very quickly after reaching that top speed. On the other extreme, Jamaal Charles gets up to a pretty quick speed but his endurance is fantastic, so after 40 yards, he will start to really pull away from his competition. Peterson and Lynch are similar to Charles. They take a little more time to get up to top speed, but they don't fall off as much as those a DE/LB in pursuit like Fowler.

I know that it seems kinda hard to believe, but anyone can do this math. Plug in the splits and differentiate.
Dan, do you have a tool or formula to convert your ratings to Madden-style ratings? As in rating every player closer to 100
Old 07-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #47
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

So since Lynch is 85 spd Lacy will be like 83 spd. But I have a feeling they changed the scaling so 92 os just as fast as 98. Wouldn't surprise me.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastajav
With Rookie LBs like Fowler and Beasly still recieving 86-88 spd, is EA trying to kill the run game. RBs will run down from behind by DE's and LBs all day
Not necessary true, "Pursuit" is the catch-up/hawk down speed for defense.
It superceeds both SPD and ACC.

Default rosters always comes with exagerated numbers here, especially DE and LB's.

Draft Class Pursuit runs low 65 to high 75'ish on average (still too high though) for most.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »