Home

Custom Packages

This is a discussion on Custom Packages within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2015, 08:19 PM   #1
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Custom Packages

Here is another feature that was inexplicably removed and never re added. It is well overdue. I would love to be able to design custom packages that I would use depending on the situation in game. I cannot fathom a way this could be cheesed online as long as they make it so you couldn't put a WR at QB in any formation other than wildcat and such. This could go with custom playbooks so you could set up packages for each formation. Would be nice if we got formation subs to go with it as well.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Custom Packages

Kk

Sent from my C5215 using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I agree with this completely. But was this ever in the game before? Was it something they added on the Xbox-PS2 after they moved on to Last-Gen?

Anyways, I wish they were fully customizable and that you could even choose the order in which they appeared in-game. The easiest way to make sure they aren't cheesible online is to just allow the "generic packages" online I think. I'd love to have the ability to have multiple WR lineups as well as backfields on offense and then a vast array of defensive line fronts. I'd actually prefer this system to formation subs.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:39 PM   #4
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I agree with this completely. But was this ever in the game before? Was it something they added on the Xbox-PS2 after they moved on to Last-Gen?

Anyways, I wish they were fully customizable and that you could even choose the order in which they appeared in-game. The easiest way to make sure they aren't cheesible online is to just allow the "generic packages" online I think. I'd love to have the ability to have multiple WR lineups as well as backfields on offense and then a vast array of defensive line fronts. I'd actually prefer this system to formation subs.
Yes they had custom packages on PS2 Madden and I'm pretty sure PS1 even had them.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 07-23-2015, 11:45 PM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Yes they had custom packages on PS2 Madden and I'm pretty sure PS1 even had them.
No, custom packages on the right thumbstick didn't get into the game until later on in the PS2 cycle (but before Madden NFL 06 on the XBOX 360). Possibly Madden NFL 2004, but not 100% positive.

Presumably, they were cut and never brought back on account of the protest against online "cheesing"; for example, people used to complain a ton about unusual substitutions such as deploying a wide receiver at tight end.

As the game's AI gets more robust and the gameplay balance continues to get refined, I think we'll see the training wheels gradually come off, with respect to personnel deployment.

Personally, I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to line up a WR as an inline TE every down, but if I do I should suffer the consequences in run blocking / pass blocking (when held in as an extra blocker against a blitz, for example) / perhaps even simple interaction results against larger players causing a larger fatigue hit; enough of a penalty on all these fronts to discourage users from deploying smaller and faster players who physically can't handle playing the physical inline Y position as they would never truly be effective there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 12:07 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
No, custom packages on the right thumbstick didn't get into the game until later on in the PS2 cycle (but before Madden NFL 06 on the XBOX 360). Possibly Madden NFL 2004, but not 100% positive.

Presumably, they were cut and never brought back on account of the protest against online "cheesing"; for example, people used to complain a ton about unusual substitutions such as deploying a wide receiver at tight end.

As the game's AI gets more robust and the gameplay balance continues to get refined, I think we'll see the training wheels gradually come off, with respect to personnel deployment.

Personally, I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to line up a WR as an inline TE every down, but if I do I should suffer the consequences in run blocking / pass blocking (when held in as an extra blocker against a blitz, for example) / perhaps even simple interaction results against larger players causing a larger fatigue hit; enough of a penalty on all these fronts to discourage users from deploying smaller and faster players who physically can't handle playing the physical inline Y position as they would never truly be effective there.
My favorite was using Miami, I think that was the name of it, brought in a big beefy DT. And for the Pats it was always Wilfork. I loved throwing TD's on the goalline to Wilfork. And I think they were in Madden 11 or 12. But I am not positive, I remember it was somewhat recently.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:28 AM   #7
Rookie

jhoff7324's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
My favorite was using Miami, I think that was the name of it, brought in a big beefy DT. And for the Pats it was always Wilfork. I loved throwing TD's on the goalline to Wilfork. And I think they were in Madden 11 or 12. But I am not positive, I remember it was somewhat recently.
There are formations now that allow you to throw to Wilfork.

Its the heavy set in the 49ers playbook. I have a lot of fun with PA fakes and dumping it to big Vince for a TD in my franchise
Old 07-25-2015, 06:22 AM   #8
Rookie

customink is a nice choice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »