Home

Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Tight Ends

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Tight Ends within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2015, 03:31 PM   #57
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 TEs Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I think we are getting too caught up on the overall rating, honestly.
LOL do you think? People are arguing over one OVR point because they watch tons of NFL and the Top 100. Geez!
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-24-2015, 03:33 PM   #58
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshake8
You go ahead and ask Tom Brady how skilled Gronk is. Uses his size mostly? I'd say he uses his insane athleticism for a man his size and his unreal hand eye coordination. This is completely outrageous, and I effing hate the Patriots. Brandon Marshall was an average number 2 WR last year. He's declined physically quite a bit, and that physicality was a huge part of his game as well.

There's simply no way anyone who watches the sport can defend ranking Marshall above some of the most dominant players to ever play their respective positions (Calvin, Gronk).
How do you judge his hand-eye coordnation over others?

BMarsh had left and right ankle injuries all of last season, and ended it with broken ribs and a collapsed lungs. I'm not sure if you know, but Ankles are going to determine a lot of success as a WR.

I'm not saying Marshall is better than Calvin, but the overall is not what they are measured by in terms of on-the-field action.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:34 PM   #59
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshake8
You go ahead and ask Tom Brady how skilled Gronk is. Uses his size mostly? I'd say he uses his insane athleticism for a man his size and his unreal hand eye coordination. This is completely outrageous, and I effing hate the Patriots. Brandon Marshall was an average number 2 WR last year. He's declined physically quite a bit, and that physicality was a huge part of his game as well.

There's simply no way anyone who watches the sport can defend ranking Marshall above some of the most dominant players to ever play their respective positions (Calvin, Gronk).
Wasn't Marshall hurt most of the year? From what I remember he had a nagging ankle injury all season as well as a concussion and broken ribs.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-24-2015, 03:34 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
The funny thing is that TEs and WRs are both lumped into the same position grouping, so we can actually compare SOME of their categories apples to apples. Here is a list of a few:

Attribute - Marshall - Gronk
Athleticism in Space: 2.7 - 1.9
Run After Catch: 2.7 - 2.2
Hands: 2.0 - 2.5
Get Open/Adjust to Ball: 2.4 - 2.1
Run Blocking: 0.8 - 1.5
Special Teams Ability: 1.0 - 0.0
Route Running: 3.5 - 4.1
Catch Under Duress: 1.4 - 2.6
Ball Security: 1.2 - 1.0
Injury Holds: 0.4 - 0.4

As you can see, Marshall bests Gronk in 5 categories. Gronk bests Marshall in 4 categories. The weight that each carries in importance to calculating the OVR differs, however.
See, this is the problem with strictly using data.

Marshall better after the catch than Gronk!?

Athleticism in space? What kind of number is that? How could you possible boil that down to a number, while accounting for size?
Old 07-24-2015, 03:35 PM   #61
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Tight Ends

I dont understand how someone can compare Marshall and Gronk and say Gronk is clearly better when Marshall is working with average qb's throughout his entire career compared to one of the best qb's ever throwing Gronk the ball. We havent seen Gronk with anyone else for an extended period of time. Belichecks system is Tight end friendly on top of that.

Marshall is working with a huge handicap right off the bat. Brandon Lafell was a nobody until he was picked up by the Patriots, take that jump in production from him and apply to Marshall, youd all be singing a different tune if that was the case, as DCEBB has said, were talking a one point difference here.

This expands on a problem with the limits EA has put on gamers, your allowed to have your own opinion on how you want to rate a player whether its a good opinion or not, the problem is you cant change it how you see fit because your not allowed to change ratings throughout a CFM that has already begun, thats going to leave alot of people unhappy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #62
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Dood. I got my start in this whole endeavor as a scout for NFLDS. You likely have no idea about what it really takes to be good at it, professionally. I personally know the people that compile this data and I trust them. I have known some of them for over a decade.

Abiding by the data is the most logical thing to do because it allows me to justify every single rating on the site. The validity is sound. If you don't like that, go make your own site with your own sources. It's that simple. Nothing you say here is going to change the data or my high opinion of the people who get paid to compile it.

Types in "Google" searches "NFL Players Rankings" everyone in top 100 gets 99, everyone else 88-98 depending on stats and 40 times only...
Old 07-24-2015, 03:38 PM   #63
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Let's get back on track and discuss the thread topic. To the people arguing in the thread, take your discussion to PM if you want. Don't do it here. Thank you

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-24-2015, 03:40 PM   #64
Banned

VdaStampede's Arena

If were going to start dragging injuries into it Gronk hasn't been fully healthy since probably his first year in the league same could probably be said for every above average player as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »