Home

Editing in CFM? Custom Draft Classes? Any news for Madden 16?

This is a discussion on Editing in CFM? Custom Draft Classes? Any news for Madden 16? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 05:31 PM   #9
Pro

movethechains11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Editing in CFM? Custom Draft Classes? Any news for Madden 16?

If it hasn't been announced by now it's highly unlikely that it's in the game. For people who like to play franchise modes as realistic as possible this is once again a major punch to the face. While the NCAA draft classes that we used to be able to add to Madden sucked at least we got the real college players.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:48 PM   #10
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

It's pathetic that EA doesn't think enough of the franchise-only player to put in such a SIMPLE feature. Not only will they not put editing in, but they will never even ADDRESS the issue in the lead up to the release of the game. Franchise-only players keep getting the middle finger from EA and we never even get anything close to a valid explanation. I'm comvinced that they instruct interviewers from mags and sites like this one to not ask, because none of the interviewers EVER hit them with the simple question "why is editing of players not in Maddens franchise mode when it is in EVERY other damn sports title in existence?". I'm sick and tired of not being able to enjoy the one part of the game I play.....the part of the game that has gone BACKWARDS in terms of features for 5+ years now. Have to speak with our wallets. If editing is not in or at least confirmed for a patch-in, I will not purchase this uear. I hope EA proves me dead wrong and actually adds in the one thing the entire community wants, but alas, it appears that things like confidence rating and XP are somehow more important.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:25 AM   #11
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

I'm not a person who would discard my purchase of Madden after not having one of these features, but I do strongly agree with the sentiments expressed by those who would.

It's not admirable that the features we want were in this game a decade ago - or at least most of them were. It also doesn't help that across the whole genre of sports gaming, Madden comes in near the bottom in terms of customization and creation.

I made a proposal three years ago in a thread here that called for the implementation of a Teambuilder like web application for the creation of draft classes and still think that's the best way to implement it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #12
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-database.html

Here is a link to that thread, posted all the way back in 2011. Nearly half a decade later, and we're still patiently asking for the ability to customize and create our own experience. Props to other sports franchises who have listened to gamers and been rewarded for it.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:03 AM   #13
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
It's pathetic that EA doesn't think enough of the franchise-only player to put in such a SIMPLE feature. Not only will they not put editing in, but they will never even ADDRESS the issue in the lead up to the release of the game. Franchise-only players keep getting the middle finger from EA and we never even get anything close to a valid explanation. I'm comvinced that they instruct interviewers from mags and sites like this one to not ask, because none of the interviewers EVER hit them with the simple question "why is editing of players not in Maddens franchise mode when it is in EVERY other damn sports title in existence?". I'm sick and tired of not being able to enjoy the one part of the game I play.....the part of the game that has gone BACKWARDS in terms of features for 5+ years now. Have to speak with our wallets. If editing is not in or at least confirmed for a patch-in, I will not purchase this uear. I hope EA proves me dead wrong and actually adds in the one thing the entire community wants, but alas, it appears that things like confidence rating and XP are somehow more important.
Editing is in the game it just cant be done from within CFM. I am a franchise only player and I love the progress they are making. There are still some improvements that need to be made but I don't see it as them giving me the middle finger. I see it as them working hard to give me the best gameplay experience. No sports game will ever be perfect and I know plenty of other sports games in existence that didn't offer editing.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #14
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm also a strictly offline franchise player. Year after year I'm disappointed that they don't give the ability to edit within franchise. Even just name edits would be huge for me. Then I don't have to put up with a white rookie qb going #1 overall named LaQuadarius Papnikolous or Thomas Thomas.

In order of importance, I'd like to see:

1. Custom draft classes
2. Name edits
3. height and weight edits.
4. Full option editing.

I think that some of the features they added (combine stats in particular) are great, and others (dynamic goals) are not an improvement from previous years.

I'll continue to stick to 2k basketball until ea gives some editing control to fix their flaws back to the user.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #15
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
I'm also a strictly offline franchise player. Year after year I'm disappointed that they don't give the ability to edit within franchise. Even just name edits would be huge for me. Then I don't have to put up with a white rookie qb going #1 overall named LaQuadarius Papnikolous or Thomas Thomas.

In order of importance, I'd like to see:

1. Custom draft classes
2. Name edits
3. height and weight edits.
4. Full option editing.

I think that some of the features they added (combine stats in particular) are great, and others (dynamic goals) are not an improvement from previous years.

I'll continue to stick to 2k basketball until ea gives some editing control to fix their flaws back to the user.
Papnikolous would most likely be a Greek name, which means there is a good chance that player would be white. There was a baseball player named Thomas Thomas. Guess the names aren't as bad as you thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #16
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Papnikolous would most likely be a Greek name, which means there is a good chance that player would be white. There was a baseball player named Thomas Thomas. Guess the names aren't as bad as you thought.

Smh he was just making a point about how the names and faces don't match up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »