Home

Commentary thread

This is a discussion on Commentary thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2015, 08:55 AM   #33
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Commentary thread

I agree with Sage, the announcers don't sound authentic, they aren't having a conversation. These threads pop up every so often because people who play the game a lot keep hearing the same commentary over and over and over again.

Chris Collinsworth- If the WR keeps improving, they will have nice long careers.

Gus Johnson- Breaks away with cops speed.

If the commentary changed it up and wasn't so repetitive, we wouldn't be having these threads occur as often.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:16 AM   #34
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with Sage, the announcers don't sound authentic, they aren't having a conversation. These threads pop up every so often because people who play the game a lot keep hearing the same commentary over and over and over again.

Chris Collinsworth- If the WR keeps improving, they will have nice long careers.

Gus Johnson- Breaks away with cops speed.

If the commentary changed it up and wasn't so repetitive, we wouldn't be having these threads occur as often.
I think the bigger problem is we have been hearing guys like Simms for years now, not just in the video game but the actual NFL. You can only hear so many of his catch phrases (or anyones) before they get old and tiresome. That's why I hate when they choose the big name guys.
Old 08-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #35
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

One thing that really gets on my nerves is after the first year you are hearing the same lines over and over again when the QB walks on to the field. I'm in my third season with the Vikings in my CFM and every time Teddy comes out I hear about what he did in college instead of hearing how he did last year or how he's doing this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I think the bigger problem is we have been hearing guys like Simms for years now, not just in the video game but the actual NFL. You can only hear so many of his catch phrases (or anyones) before they get old and tiresome. That's why I hate when they choose the big name guys.
Big name guys help sales, I guess.

My whole point was besides your good point was no matter how many lines you add, eventually the lines are going to be repeated, especially if you play a lot of games over a course of a season or career.

Nantz and Simms have been with us for at least since 2013, I think. I don't know if they are going anywhere.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #37
Rookie

Tomski's Arena

I'm playing a season with E.J.Manuel as my QB. The team is doing great, but he's thrown about 15 TDs and 25 picks, yet every game Simms will say Manuel is among the league's best for fewest interceptions.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #38
Rookie

Agatorfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomski
I'm playing a season with E.J.Manuel as my QB. The team is doing great, but he's thrown about 15 TDs and 25 picks, yet every game Simms will say Manuel is among the league's best for fewest interceptions.
Seriously, madden needs to work on this
Old 08-06-2015, 03:42 PM   #39
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

"He's got get away from the cops speed" ...wait, what?!
Old 08-06-2015, 03:43 PM   #40
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's called the rate of progression, you don't go from crappy to phenomenal in one cycle, obviously they have goals to get it better than just ok, but for this year they wanted it to go from crappy to "ok" commentary. Their goal is to be best in class actually, but you don't get there without building towards that.
Every year we hear about this so called " progression ". How about EA just shuts up about this for once and let the game's commentary improvements speak for itself ( no pun intended ). Every year we hear EA brag about how the commentary is " fresh " and " better than ever ". Do they really deliver? Honestly IMO 9 times out of 10 they dont. By the way how does EA strive to be " best in class " when they are the only ones in the " class "? They are competing against themselves. Not trying to get off topic, but this has gotta be brought up.

In 2015, we shouldnt even have to think about NFL 2k5s ( released 11 years ago ) commentary crew of Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe. We should be praising EA for how great and fluid their commentary is, but without competition, innovation hasn't occured in this area. As brought up earlier in this thread, voice actors or local commentators would be the way to go for EA since they apparently cant get Nantz and Simms in the studio at the same time. Nba 2k has had, for as long as I could remember, good, fluid commentary so I cant see why madden doesnt by now. The commentary has gotten BETTER, but it still isnt up to the standards of Nba 2k and even Nfl 2k5. Lets hope for the best going forward, but we shouldnt get our hopes up too high.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »