Home

Madden NFL 16 NFC North Team Ratings, Along with a Few More Player Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 NFC North Team Ratings, Along with a Few More Player Ratings within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2015, 03:50 PM   #41
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 16 NFC North Team Ratings, Along with a Few More Player Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
didnt say they didnt improve, but they arent that good at all... rogers takes sacks period, but your boy just said blasphemy. he said peterson is on a decline, he is the best for a reason. He isn't on a decline and the packers know that first hand. he puts on a show everytime we play them
You are still reaching when you state the Packers OL isn't that good at all. That means they are below mediocre and they are well above that. Not sure why you keep down playing the line with two all-pro guards, a great center and two good tackles.

Peterson hasn't played vs Matthews in the middle, either.

The Packers run D was improved over the last 9 games when Matthews moved inside.

That is a fact.

Yes, Peterson, is a beast and has been a beast vs the Packers, let's wait and see on the gridiron before declaring the trend will continue with Peterson vs the Packers.

Edit- Now, I see why you are reaching on the OL, because one Packer fan said Peterson is on the decline. I'm not ready to dig the shovel on Peterson, yet, I'll wait to see how he performs with a year off and if he can stay healthy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #42
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

I never said AP was on a decline . Believe what I said was s9nn to be decline.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 08-09-2015, 04:09 PM   #43
Rookie

Okay, as a neutral fan who doesn't cheer for either Green Bay or Minnesota (though I do live in Wisconsin), I feel the need to clear a few things up:

1 - The Vikings are in no way, shape, or form going to win the division unless Rodgers gets hurt. The Packers have a worse defense, I agree. But their offense is likely going to be the #1 offense in the league. 12 wins at minimum. I do believe Minnesota will push for 10 wins and a possible playoff spot, and they will definitely finish ahead of Detroit (fluke last year) and Chicago (gunning for another top 8 pick).

2 - Rodgers is by far the best quarterback at this stage. Lacy is more top 8 than top 3 like another poster stated, BUT seeing as the other team's defense is always in their nickel package to defend all of Green Bay's receivers, Lacy is the perfect fit for them because he just runs over defensive backs. Davante Adams has reportedly been outplayed by Ty Montgomery in camp, so I'm not sure why someone posted Adams is their best guy and going to break out. Nelson is totally underrated, and Cobb is probably THE most dangerous slot guy in the league.

3 - One of these days, the Packers defense will be above average. They spend all sorts of resources on that side of the ball. I think using the law of averages, this is the year they get SOME sort of return on investment lol.

4 - Packers offensive line isn't top three, but it's within the top 8. Top 25%. Sitton is a stud, Linsley is top 8 already, Lang and Bulaga aren't major weaknesses. But that group isn't dominant like Dallas, for example.

5 - Peterson is not done. Forget the 30 year old "wall". It's not happening. He is not like every other running back. I mean, I get it. Shaun Alexander, Edgerin James, Larry Johnson, etc were all elite backs who hit the wall and fell off. Peterson is a completely different breed. He's the Tim Duncan of running backs. Anyone who does not take him #1 in fantasy football will regret it. He will be rushing for 1200+ yards until he's 34 at least, and I'd peg him at 1600+ this year. His speed will decline over the next couple years, but at that point he'll essentially be what Eddie Lacy is now; running fools over every play.

Packers 12-13 wins
Vikings 9-10 wins
Lions 7-8 wins
Bears 5-6 wins

Book it.

Last edited by jhigginsluckow; 08-09-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #44
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
Okay, as a neutral fan who doesn't cheer for either Green Bay or Minnesota (though I do live in Wisconsin), I feel the need to clear a few things up:

1 - The Vikings are in no way, shape, or form going to win the division unless Rodgers gets hurt. The Packers have a worse defense, I agree. But their offense is likely going to be the #1 offense in the league. 12 wins at minimum. I do believe Minnesota will push for 10 wins and a possible playoff spot, and they will definitely finish ahead of Detroit (fluke last year) and Chicago (gunning for another top 8 pick).

2 - Rodgers is by far the best quarterback at this stage. Lacy is more top 8 than top 3 like another poster stated, BUT seeing as the other team's defense is always in their nickel package to defend all of Green Bay's receivers, Lacy is the perfect fit for them because he just runs over defensive backs. Davante Adams has reportedly been outplayed by Ty Montgomery in camp, so I'm not sure why someone posted Adams is their best guy and going to break out. Nelson is totally underrated, and Cobb is probably THE most dangerous slot guy in the league.

3 - One of these days, the Packers defense will be above average. They spend all sorts of resources on that side of the ball. I think using the law of averages, this is the year they get SOME sort of return on investment lol.

4 - Packers offensive line isn't top three, but it's within the top 8. Top 25%. Sitton is a stud, Linsley is top 8 already, Lang and Bulaga aren't major weaknesses. But that group isn't dominant like Dallas, for example.

Packers 12-13 wins
Vikings 9-10 wins
Lions 7-8 wins
Bears 5-6 wins

Book it.
The only thing I will add, if Rodgers does get hurt, Tolzien has been playing lights out behind him. There will be a definite drop-off, but not as much when he was thrown into the fire two years ago.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:12 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow

5 - Peterson is not done. Forget the 30 year old "wall". It's not happening. He is not like every other running back. I mean, I get it. Shaun Alexander, Edgerin James, Larry Johnson, etc were all elite backs who hit the wall and fell off. Peterson is a completely different breed. He's the Tim Duncan of running backs. Anyone who does not take him #1 in fantasy football will regret it. He will be rushing for 1200+ yards until he's 34 at least, and I'd peg him at 1600+ this year. His speed will decline over the next couple years, but at that point he'll essentially be what Eddie Lacy is now; running fools over every play.

Packers 12-13 wins
Vikings 9-10 wins
Lions 7-8 wins
Bears 5-6 wins

Book it.
The Lions Weren't a fluke last year. Top 5 defense all season long. Beat the Packers once. Losing Suh won't hurt the Lions as much as everyone thinks. The offense will be improved. If any team could possibly unseat the Packers in the north (not likely) It is the Lions, not the Vikings.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2015, 07:02 PM   #46
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

I would take the Packers interior OL over anyone's. Sutton is the best OG in football in my opinion, Lang and Linsley are both top 5. Really the only thing that separates the Cowboys' unit from ours is Tyron Smith. But Bakhtiari and Bulaga are no slouches either.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 08-09-2015, 11:31 PM   #47
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmw32
Why is Jared Allen a 79 that doesn't make sense at all

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
Because he isn't anything anymore. There's a reason the Vikings got rid of him.

Edit: He got slower but won't change up his style of rush. When he was younger that outside-in spin was fast enough to wollop people, now he is a step or two behind and allows giant gaps to run through when he does it.

He was a great player but unless he changes something up and realizes he can't do the same things he used to without changing stuff up he is a liability.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees

Last edited by Candyman5; 08-09-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:44 PM   #48
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

As the Ratings go I like them. I would like Bridgwater a little higher but at the same time I can understand his rating now. A little higher than his Rookie year.

I'm glad they didn't completely drop Peterson off a cliff for not playing last year.

Patterson Rating is fine due to his struggles with the playbook as long as his Speed is high and his catching is decent.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »