Home

Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 02:46 AM   #65
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Word problems were by far he most realistic way to scout. It's basically exactly what happens when a coach sits down with his scouts in the off season. They don't say "CB X has a man coverage rating of A, press coverage rating of A, and zone coverage rating of D" they say "CB X is a press man corner who tends to get lost in zone coverage". They could even go the NBA 2k route and break it down to strengths and weaknesses "great ball skills, can run with any receiver, jams guys at the line consistently" "lost in zone, afraid to tackle, needs to become more aware"

Not only is it more realistic but it also becomes a meta game in knowing what youre looking for in players and how to decifer the scouts info.
They would also need to add some degree of inaccuracy so you can't game the system. Make each scout have a differing degree and have some scouts better at say defensive attributes than offensive. Ultimately the only grade or ratings we should see is combine numbers everything else should be a scouting report style that could be right or wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 10:14 PM   #66
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

I guess its unreal that fastest person in the game happens to be a rookie...
Old 08-13-2015, 11:28 PM   #67
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTitan21
First draft class I saw had two WR who ran 4.27 and that equates to 98 speed once drafted (I took one to see what he came out as) there was also quite a few 97-95 wr.

The second class only had one wr who ran 4.27.

The fastest guy in the game stock is 97 speed, so automatically two wr were faster then anyone in the league.

It shouldn't be unfathomable that a 21 year old is faster than a 25-28 year old.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-13-2015, 11:37 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
It shouldn't be unfathomable that a 21 year old is faster than a 25-28 year old.
There is a good handful of players every draft class that are more athletic than the elite players in the stock roster. It should not be this way. The issue appears to be the draft classes may have not been scaled like the regular roster.

Athletic traits are very expensive XP-wise in CFM, things like catching, route running, block shed, etc. are not. Maybe this changed in M16 but we haven't heard anything about it. I'm just worried the generated guys are going to become too overpowered.

Last edited by Potatoes002; 08-13-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:38 PM   #69
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Speed is only so useful. It's really, really important, but if the rest of their stats lead to fumbling then they can't return or run the ball, if they have poor hands they can't be a WR, etc. A lot of burners like that I've seen tend to be projects.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:43 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Speed is only so useful. It's really, really important, but if the rest of their stats lead to fumbling then they can't return or run the ball, if they have poor hands they can't be a WR, etc. A lot of burners like that I've seen tend to be projects.
Speed has always mattered the most in Madden. When there is so few high 90's players in Spd/Acc/Agl on the default roster, wouldn't the generated guys coming in with these high ratings be even more useful now?
Old 08-13-2015, 11:45 PM   #71
MVP

I can't wait to actually get the game in my hands, I have so many things I want to dig into lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 11:46 PM   #72
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
There is a good handful of players every draft class that are more athletic than the elite players in the stock roster. It should not be this way. The issue appears to be the draft classes may have not been scaled like the regular roster.

Athletic traits are very expensive XP-wise in CFM, things like catching, route running, block shed, etc. are not. Maybe this changed in M16 but we haven't heard anything about it. I'm just worried the generated guys are going to become too overpowered.

I understand but am reserving judgment. I 100% agree with you if the regression for the draft classes doesn't make them/their speed at par with stock roster players in 2-4 seasons.

Your worry about super freak rookies is valid. From what I've seen it depends on the leagues out there. Some have conservative stat padding rules so rookies won't have the XP to do damage. I've seen others where the top 10 qbs have 6500+ yards each. Those WRs are like pigskin terminators.

Garbage in, garbage out. If the league is sim, so shall be the players. The league I referenced above played sim, but the stats read NFL BLITZ. I wasn't shocked when half of the user teams had 10 or more 99 ovr players.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »