Home

Has the sack issue been fixed?

This is a discussion on Has the sack issue been fixed? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 06:06 PM   #17
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Has the sack issue been fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
But then they won't get those amazing season catch goals. Lol

Good to hear about the CPU sack issue though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you mean season catch goals affect catch stats in Madden 16 ?
Old 08-11-2015, 07:08 PM   #18
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveparkmin
you mean season catch goals affect catch stats in Madden 16 ?

Negative.. It's was more a statement that those ridiculous goals need to vanish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2015, 01:18 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
Yes. This is absolutely fixed. QB pressure awareness is a huge AI story for us this year. Data is showing 2-3 sacks given up per game (on average) by CPU on All Pro in M16. This awareness varies by ratings and style. Brady is more likely to throw balls away under pressure, Russell Wilson is more likely to scramble away from pressure and other QB's will force passes in those situations. I don't think IG has gone up in frequency, but offensive holding is more likely the longer you sit in the pocket. Penalties have a huge impact on gameplay this year.

Watch the twitch stream next week where we will go into detail on the new QB AI and you will be able to see all of this in action. I don't think you will be disappointed.
what was quarter length of the games in the data you are using? 2-3 sacks per game sounds great, but will that hold true if we set it to 15 min quarters?
Old 08-12-2015, 01:58 AM   #20
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
Yes. This is absolutely fixed. QB pressure awareness is a huge AI story for us this year. Data is showing 2-3 sacks given up per game (on average) by CPU on All Pro in M16. This awareness varies by ratings and style. Brady is more likely to throw balls away under pressure, Russell Wilson is more likely to scramble away from pressure and other QB's will force passes in those situations. I don't think IG has gone up in frequency, but offensive holding is more likely the longer you sit in the pocket. Penalties have a huge impact on gameplay this year.

Watch the twitch stream next week where we will go into detail on the new QB AI and you will be able to see all of this in action. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Hey Rex! I appreciate you taking the time to personally address some of our concerns on many of the topics on this page; however, I believe many of us are wondering about the sack frequency data that you mentioned. 2 to 3 average sacks per game sounds pretty promising, but are you reporting this data on 120 average plays which is around the nfl average plays per game or are you reporting on 6 minute quarters which I believe your server's ranked matches default to?

We can always adjust the sliders, but it would be great if you are currently seeing these results using the 120 play average as our control. I echo this sentiment in regards to penalties as well.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:58 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennay_kekua
what was quarter length of the games in the data you are using? 2-3 sacks per game sounds great, but will that hold true if we set it to 15 min quarters?
Great observation and question. This really needs answering...whether set for 15 min quarters or 12/13 mins.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #22
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennay_kekua
I would like to know this as well!
Old 08-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #23
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by neume1mb

Mid-CFM editing of traits would have certainly prevented most of the "too many sacks" complaints from last year. Hopefully, one day EA realizes people don't want editing for exploits as much as the do to make the game play better or more engaging for themselves.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by kehlis; 08-12-2015 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Quoted deleted post
Old 08-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #24
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by neume1mb
Bro, I understand the frustration, I do, but c'mon...

CFM editing is something they know we want, so if they could just program that feature easily as many as you think, they would have done it already. It's not that simple. Whenever they switched to connected careers from franchise mode, they lost some major functionality in some of their options. I remember that you couldn't edit ANYTHING the first year - even jersey number and equipment of your own players. Their is something within this program architecture that is complicating these additions. When they can figure out how to do it without breaking everything in their CFM enviroment, I'm sure they will.

This team seems to really listen to our requests, so there is no need to insinuate that they are just purposely ignoring it. Believe me, many of us want the feature just as bad as you do.

Last edited by kehlis; 08-12-2015 at 01:13 PM. Reason: quoted deleted post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »