Home

Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16

This is a discussion on Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 03:04 PM   #17
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16

Truthfully what feature has EA ever put into Madden in the last decade that the majority wanted??? I'll wait....
Old 08-12-2015, 03:31 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

The biggest punch in the gut about all these things most people want is that they had them at some point, but removed them.

I remember spending hours editing draft classes in Madden '02. 13 Years ago we could do it! Now there's blu ray discs and PS4's but apparently these things will "break" the game as others seem to think. That may be the case, I have no idea, but if so, it's time to come up with a better platform to build off of. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:54 PM   #19
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Wasn't this already known months ago? Why is everyone acting so shocked to hear it's not in, was it just wishful thinking or did the Dev's say something to make you guys think it would be in?
Old 08-12-2015, 04:25 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Then I am officially not buying Madden until it makes it into the game.

But one thing guys, about the whole not knowing if 2k had this feature -- I think you missed the point.

Our stance is that there is no reason for custom draft classes to not be in the game.
When Clint asked which sports titles let you do that he may have been making a point. NBA 2K is the only one that does that.

So on the one hand here we are saying it is a necessity, yet only 1 title has it.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:29 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Then I am officially not buying Madden until it makes it into the game.

But one thing guys, about the whole not knowing if 2k had this feature -- I think you missed the point.

Our stance is that there is no reason for custom draft classes to not be in the game.
When Clint asked which sports titles let you do that he may have been making a point. NBA 2K is the only one that does that.

So on the one hand here we are saying it is a necessity, yet only 1 title has it.
I believe what he is saying is they CANT figure out how to ADD the Custom Classes and CFM editing into the game without MAJOR Glitching. Glad i didnt Pre-Order. Sticking with Madden 12 and NCAA 14 for my Football Fix.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 04:32 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO122194
I don't think invest is the best term. I honestly don't know how this wouldn't be a weeks worth of coding MAX. A random generator already exists. Also I have to guess they have some sort of editor already made for them to fine tune the generator. Also they have a computer system how they type in ratings for the normal roster. All the tools are there. I think the problem is they don't know how/if they can present it. All their features have been announced in a big timeline as of the past years. This isn't something they can write about, like they can market, "now you can take all the players in college and work around laws to put them in the game" . I think they don't want to add features they can't announce and this is a tough one to announce.
By invest I think he means lawyers to get clearance from NCAA. This is all my speculating, but I think that lawsuit really hit their pockets and anything close to a red flag gets shot down by the decision makers.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:35 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I believe what he is saying is they CANT figure out how to ADD the Custom Classes and CFM editing into the game without MAJOR Glitching. Glad i didnt Pre-Order. Sticking with Madden 12 and NCAA 14 for my Football Fix.
That may be the real reason, but if it is there is no reason to ask which games have it.

It is pointless (unless you are trying to deflect or sidestep the question)
Old 08-12-2015, 04:37 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I believe what he is saying is they CANT figure out how to ADD the Custom Classes and CFM editing into the game without MAJOR Glitching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBootleg
By invest I think he means lawyers to get clearance from NCAA. This is all my speculating, but I think that lawsuit really hit their pockets and anything close to a red flag gets shot down by the decision makers.
These 2 points are the reason why we don't have them. The devs have stated that editing draft classes causes major glitches in CCM. My guess is it has something to do with the stories. And Dan is right that lawsuit cost EA A TON of money. And every company's first priority is either their shareholders, if they are publicly traded company or the bottom line if they aren't publicly traded company. The NCAA lawsuit lost EA around 50-60 million, iirc, whether it be the settlement payments or lawyers fees.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »