Home

Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16

This is a discussion on Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #25
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
These 2 points are the reason why we don't have them. The devs have stated that editing draft classes causes major glitches in CCM. My guess is it has something to do with the stories. And Dan is right that lawsuit cost EA A TON of money. And every company's first priority is either their shareholders, if they are publicly traded company or the bottom line if they aren't publicly traded company. The NCAA lawsuit lost EA around 50-60 million, iirc, whether it be the settlement payments or lawyers fees.
There's no 'official' statement I've actually seen other than they aren't applying 'resources'. They haven't ever stated that it's the lawsuit issue, and as far as I know, albeit that it's likely. With regards to glitching, I've imported rosters with created players into the offline mode without any glitching. The created players show up in stories and tweets by the press.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #26
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Shame.. I don't know if it really is just development cost + the cost of the NFL licence or legal reasons but EA has really existed in a vacuum closing in on a decade now when it comes user customization.. In the past I always rationalized them not adding this as a way to push the NCAA games...

This is a feature that could really enhance and add hours of play time to the offline and online Connected Career experience as well but alas....maybe Madden 17 :\
Old 08-12-2015, 06:32 PM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I posted this in another thread but it applies here too:

EA could allow people to edit the draft classes and not have to worry about a NCAA related lawsuit. EA cant allow people to share those draft classes through Madden Share and thats the problem.

The way EA sees it is the likelihood of people editing their own draft class is pretty low. Most people dont have the time or inclination to edit hundreds of players. Most people will only use that functionality if they are allowed to download a draft class file easily through the game. EA isnt (and shouldnt) be willing to take that risk because it could lead to a breach of its settlement agreement in the O'bannon lawsuit and another lawsuit. The way EA sees it is if you cant share a draft class why bother putting it in the game.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Truthfully what feature has EA ever put into Madden in the last decade that the majority wanted??? I'll wait....
LOL. Plenty of things. MUT, Online Franchise, a new Superstar mode.

Oh...you mean what the "sim crowd" wants? Well we arent even close to the majority.

FYI, the majority dont give a **** about editable draft classes.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:36 PM   #29
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Then I am officially not buying Madden until it makes it into the game.

But one thing guys, about the whole not knowing if 2k had this feature -- I think you missed the point.

Our stance is that there is no reason for custom draft classes to not be in the game.
When Clint asked which sports titles let you do that he may have been making a point. NBA 2K is the only one that does that.

So on the one hand here we are saying it is a necessity, yet only 1 title has it.
There are three reasons:

One, if done right it could complicate the Obannon settlement and lead to another lawsuit

and

Two, most people dont use this feature and they dont want to put the resources toward it.

and

Three, it likely causes glitches in CCM because CCM is a ****ty horribly built franchise mode.

Last edited by aholbert32; 08-12-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #30
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBootleg
By invest I think he means lawyers to get clearance from NCAA. This is all my speculating, but I think that lawsuit really hit their pockets and anything close to a red flag gets shot down by the decision makers.
By invest he means putting resources toward a feature very few people use and one that wont be able to be used toward its full potential (no sharing)
Old 08-12-2015, 07:45 PM   #31
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

OVR: 0

How do u not invest in the one thing asked for above everything else?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 08:12 PM   #32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhalljr
How do u not invest in the one thing asked for above everything else?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Editing draft classes are asked for more than anything else? Really? Where did you get that info from?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »