Home

Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16

This is a discussion on Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:33 PM   #57
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Just to clarify. The Obannon suit is not the reason we cant edit attributes in Franchise. It only effects draft classes.

Regarding your roster idea, thats not possible. One there are a limited number of create a players and correct me if I'm wrong but CAPs are the only players that you can change their appearance (race, facial features etc.) and names.

Even if you could change the names of the NFL players already in the game, you cant change their appearance so an NCAA player couldnt claim that you are using their likeness.
You have presented fair arguments but if you go on Youtube right now and look for commentators of superstar cfm, I'd say a very good amount of them create a player that is either in college, from a movie/entertainment, or the past and build a story around them. Especially around the real NFL draft time they pop up. Why is that allowed, it isn't renaming an already made player, it's creating a completely new one in another's likeness
Old 08-12-2015, 11:36 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO122194
You have presented fair arguments but if you go on Youtube right now and look for commentators of superstar cfm, I'd say a very good amount of them create a player that is either in college, from a movie/entertainment, or the past and build a story around them. Especially around the real NFL draft time they pop up. Why is that allowed, it isn't renaming an already made player, it's creating a completely new one in another's likeness
It isn't allowed...but as aholbert has stated earlier no one is going to sue Joe Average because he/she is using his likeness in a videogame. Also as I said earlier this people aren't profiting off of it. This wouldn't be an issue if the NCAA allowed their athletes to be paid for the use of their likeness. And I don't want to go into it in here because it's not relevant at all but the whole amateur thing's a joke if you know the reason how it came for NCAA athletes to be considered amateur athletes.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:53 PM   #59
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO122194

I believe the confusion with this..is currently Madden allows you to create a set limit of CAPS..which several roster makers then use to create roster files of soon to be drafted players prior to then leaving college..which is then uploaded to file share..now these CAPS do have current height, weight, college, hometown, etc...which kind of goes against the argument that EA can't/won't allow u to create draft classes..if u jump over to roster forum there is plenty of rosters that do this as the season moves on...after about week eight nine last year there was several rosters out that had Marcus, jameis winston, etc...I mean I currently have a roster for M15 that I got off EA share that has Shawn Oakman..and he is still in college.. it has his exact height, weight, college team, hometown, even a close to his exact face mask..so that argument kind doesn't fly as its already being done and has been done for a while now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 08-13-2015, 01:17 AM   #60
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

So they choose not to use resources to give consumers what they want??? I can't say I'm shocked at that comment.
I surely don't believe the O'Bannon case has nothing to do with it or NBA 2K would not be able to do it.

I just want EA to catch up with the times. Customization is very important and it drives consumers away when you don't have the option. Its very disappointing.

Last edited by droopizzle34; 08-13-2015 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:01 AM   #61
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhalljr
I get that. But its no secret the devs check on here quite a bit. Not just Madden devs, mlb devs are on here reading posts often. And communicating with the community a lot.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Yes they do and they probably also check the EA Forums, twitter, youtube, reddit and a host of other sites much larger than this one filled with casual fans who care more about seeing an OBJ catch than a draft class. We are a very small minority here. We probably represent less than 1% of the total Madden population.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 02:06 AM   #62
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
The common denominator there is EA Sports. The Show and NBA 2k both let you edit practically everything.
That's because neither of them have been sued and ordered to pay millions. This is just video games that this happens. In the corporate world there are things one company will do that another won't because of litigation. 2k and Sony are playing Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun by allowing that. EA's COO and CFO would never allow them to do something that might cost the company millions, no matter how much money they have.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:08 AM   #63
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
So they choose not to use resources to give consumers what they want??? I can't say I'm shocked at that comment.
I surely don't believe the O'Bannon case has nothing to do with it or NBA 2K would not be able to do it.

I just want EA to catch up with the times. Customization is very important and it drives consumers away when you don't have the option. Its very disappointing.

2k had nothing to do with the Obannon lawsuit. They weren't a plaintiff, they aren't paying any money for it. EA is, part of the judgement of the lawsuit stated that EA allowed people to edit likeness and share them online.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:44 AM   #64
Rookie

irishcardinal's Arena

OVR: 2

Allowing editing abilities will not lead to lawsuits. EA (NCAA games only) have been involved in lawsuits.

While that Clint guy said they can't allocate the resources to do such work, I find it hard to believe they don't have anyone there that could something that is a simple fix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »