Home

Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16

This is a discussion on Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 03:11 AM   #65
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Custom draft classes officially not in madden 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
That's because neither of them have been sued and ordered to pay millions. This is just video games that this happens. In the corporate world there are things one company will do that another won't because of litigation. 2k and Sony are playing Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun by allowing that. EA's COO and CFO would never allow them to do something that might cost the company millions, no matter how much money they have.
Quote:
2k had nothing to do with the Obannon lawsuit. They weren't a plaintiff, they aren't paying any money for it. EA is, part of the judgement of the lawsuit stated that EA allowed people to edit likeness and share them online.

Their COLLEGE game was ruled to be exploiting college athletes. This has nothing to do with the NFL or NBA, the lawsuit is no reason why Madden can't give us custom draft classes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 03:17 AM   #66
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
That's because neither of them have been sued and ordered to pay millions. This is just video games that this happens. In the corporate world there are things one company will do that another won't because of litigation. 2k and Sony are playing Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun by allowing that. EA's COO and CFO would never allow them to do something that might cost the company millions, no matter how much money they have.
Just it comes to the point where the risk talked about is questionable. For instance NBA 2k has all player tattoo's in the game, JR Smith looks like JR Smith. NBA Live, also produced by EA has all player tattoo's in the game. JR Smith, again, looks like JR Smith.

However, when it came time for Madden to add tattoo's only Kaepernick got his arm sleeves. The reason that EA released was because in order to have tattoo's they need to contact the individual artists who tattoo'd the player to get the rights to put them in the game. So that means EA tracked down every tattoo artist that ever gave a player in the NBA a tattoo and signed for the rights to have them? Not only that, but they consistently do it every year for new players, during the season for added players, and updating for players that get tattoos added or altered? Also, in NBA a great portion of the body is exposed where as only arm and maybe neck tattoo's would be needed for football.

My point is, the repeated instance and hearing about lawsuits just doesn't add up. I am sure 2k and Sony are not blindly adding features to games and have everything they do legally sound. This means it can be done. I don't mean to beat around the bush bc I understand it's a business and we represent a smaller portion. I just would like them to be more upfront w/ the loyal community.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:13 AM   #67
Rookie

I use to want custom draft classes but let's be real here. How would they implement that in the game? Creating or editing the draft class names and assigning them their respective projections or let madden take care of that for 224 players.

This could be a problem for online leagues because that could lead to a "draft guide" issue possibly with multiple leagues using the best draft class out there. I'm totally fine with not having custom draft classes. It will create too many problems in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2015, 06:38 AM   #68
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopizzle34
Their COLLEGE game was ruled to be exploiting college athletes. This has nothing to do with the NFL or NBA, the lawsuit is no reason why Madden can't give us custom draft classes.
Your not understanding it is all the same company. Aholbert32 explained it perfectly most people will never touch an edit draft class feature unless they can download fully created classes. EA will never allow Madden to have anything downloadable that involves unlicensed player likeness, that is why Madden wont invest the time and money to add it. It's not about simple or hard it is to add, it's about how many people would actually use it if not sharing was allowed.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:43 AM   #69
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO122194
Just it comes to the point where the risk talked about is questionable. For instance NBA 2k has all player tattoo's in the game, JR Smith looks like JR Smith. NBA Live, also produced by EA has all player tattoo's in the game. JR Smith, again, looks like JR Smith.

However, when it came time for Madden to add tattoo's only Kaepernick got his arm sleeves. The reason that EA released was because in order to have tattoo's they need to contact the individual artists who tattoo'd the player to get the rights to put them in the game. So that means EA tracked down every tattoo artist that ever gave a player in the NBA a tattoo and signed for the rights to have them? Not only that, but they consistently do it every year for new players, during the season for added players, and updating for players that get tattoos added or altered? Also, in NBA a great portion of the body is exposed where as only arm and maybe neck tattoo's would be needed for football.

My point is, the repeated instance and hearing about lawsuits just doesn't add up. I am sure 2k and Sony are not blindly adding features to games and have everything they do legally sound. This means it can be done. I don't mean to beat around the bush bc I understand it's a business and we represent a smaller portion. I just would like them to be more upfront w/ the loyal community.
Tattoo's rights belong to the individual artist. After the Obannon lawsuit EA is going to stay away from anything even close to crossing the line, no matter how trivial it may seem to you or I. Kap has all the rights to his tattoo's that's why they are in the game and others arent. If an artist wanted to sue NBA 2k they would have a very strong case, just because no one hasn't doesn't mean they won't in the future. How many versions of NCAA did it take for a player to finally file a lawsuit?
Old 08-13-2015, 07:21 AM   #70
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

Quote:
Tattoo's rights belong to the individual artist. After the Obannon lawsuit EA is going to stay away from anything even close to crossing the line, no matter how trivial it may seem to you or I. Kap has all the rights to his tattoo's that's why they are in the game and others arent. If an artist wanted to sue NBA 2k they would have a very strong case, just because no one hasn't doesn't mean they won't in the future. How many versions of NCAA did it take for a player to finally file a lawsuit?
That doesn't answer how NBA Live, produced by EA also has every single tattoo in the NBA. Not taking a shot, but from a financial standpoint, that game does not move enough copies to support a legal department to track down and get everyone's rights. Let alone if someone made the outline of a tattoo and another artist did the shading or added to it and all those type of arguments.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:28 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteward84
1)

3) Logically, compare an NBA draft class to an NFL draft class. I know there would be people on OS willing to do it, but that draft class is going to be about 4x larger and far less people are going to be willing to contribute to that.
I can't agree with that. MLB The Show has 30 teams with 90 players on each. And those roster get done every year. If it were available.... Those classes would get done.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 07:35 AM   #72
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

This is the usual EA modus operandi. They don't invest in this stuff because 95% of the fanbase couldn't give a crap about it. If you've been a long time veteran of this franchise you understand by now that YOUR opinion does not matter whatsoever to this company. They only care about getting people into their filler modes and online play. That's it. CFM is a poorly designed, yearly bandaided game mode that offers rare new features and breaks a million others when they code something new into it. Those of you that haven't been around long, yet are clamoring for this feature, get used to screaming in a vacuum because it ain't coming anytime soon. Editing and draft classes are lead balloons to these guys, they don't care what other titles offer and that's just the bottom line here. They are scared of the legal implications because they'd rather keep "roster share" than to give 5% of us a really awesome feature.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »