Home

Am I alone in this?

This is a discussion on Am I alone in this? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2015, 10:34 PM   #25
Banned

Steel4Reel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Am I alone in this?

Quote:
Yea and those that keep putting 2K football as a holy grail of football games are just Madden haters.
Where did I put in on a holy grail? Because I said it does alot of things better than Madden?

Sorry, it does. Its not even debatable.

H8r? Why? Because I dont think Madden is where it should be and I think there should be competition?

No offense, but those who are so quick to throw out the hate card are usually the fanboys and apologists.....so....

Quote:
Like I said...If you are a 2K fan you always for the most part pick apart Madden regardless of the improvement. Seems your colors have come out
Yes...because you cant be a fan of both...right?

I was a fan of both 2K and Madden 2005. I actually played Madden 2005 more. So there goes your "point".

Me pointing out that other game does alot of things better that Madden does isnt hating on Madden or pimping out the other brand. Its just the truth...a truth you obviously cant accept....

Presentation (a laughably large gap)
Ball Physics (in many cases, not all)
Player movement (much more fluid and realistic)
Better OLine interactions
Better DB interactions
Better ratings system

That "other game" has alot of its own flaws, but the point is...the alternative football titles and older Maddens should be a distant memory. There should be nothing even remotely comparable. Madden 2016 should be so far ahead of everything that came out 8-10 years ago....outside of just graphics.

Quote:
But is all good. Madden is far from perfect but so are every other sports game. FACT
Apologist logic.

The "No game is perfect" excuse....a classic never dies

Quote:
All I know is that Madden today is light years better then Madden 10 years ago and if you think 2K from 10 years ago is superior to Madden today then we do not need to talk about it any longer because we know were your flag is stamped
Seriously, try reading what I said.

Never once did I say Madden 10 years ago was better.

Hell, I didnt even say that "other" game was better. All I said was there are quite a few aspects of those older football titles that were done better that arent done as well today.

Quote:
Do you still buy Madden yearly? Be honest....Because if you do then you just feeding into EA pockets and if you don't then why comment on the game that you dont buy
Lets see...Ive bought Madden new twice in the last 9 years (10 and 12). The last Madden I bought new was Madden 12, and its the only Madden from the PS3 era I enjoyed)

I bought M25 for $10 at Gamestop a year after it came out and regretted it after a month, the game is so broken.

Why comment on a game I dont buy? Because I am a diehard football fan that still craves a good football game....and since EA has the exclusive license, there is no alternative except to discuss the annual Madden release.

Quote:
Seems your post history dating back a few months is constant EA bashing....So I rest my case
Well, fanboys like to label any criticism of Madden as "bashing", so....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 10:43 PM   #26
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Alright enough. Last chance for this thread to stay open. No more "*****" talk, and no more "fanboy" talk.

AND NO MORE TALK ABOUT OTHER FOOTBALL GAMES! This is the Madden forum. If you want to talk about what other games did better than Madden go make a thread in the Football Other forum.

Get back on topic. The question is simple. Keep the answers simple.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:55 PM   #27
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
. NOW...the Madden gamers who DO know football are usually people who are able to overlook the glaring flaws in the game and enjoy it for what it is.....or simply want to play it with their friends, even when they know its not worth the annual price.

PS....this is not me trying to bash EA or Madden. Its just the cold reality of the situation.

I enjoy it for what it is. But it's worth 60. The sim game I want would be worth more. Sure there are things I want in the game to make it more sim, but I don't see why any business would ever listen to people who don't purchase (the people who boast about not buying because EA didn't include the elbow pads or halftime show they want).

Most business listen to customers who spend money to prevent attrition. Not ones who suggest they may buy if the store bends over backwards. It's like retail terrorism.

To OP: I'm with you. Only abstained from 09-10. It would take a drastic change for me to skip a madden.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-13-2015, 01:25 AM   #28
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

it's truly about your football fix and the NFLPA license.

I am dissatisfied every year with Madden, but its the only NFL game in town. I don't buy anymore, I just rent or use power points from GS to get it for like 5 bucks.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:30 AM   #29
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I don't think it was fair to ban Steel4Reel. He got sucked in with troll bait. That should be a yellow card warning. I don't know his yellow card history but it looks like he was banned for that post... and that looks way too extreme. Especially when the troll himself isn't banned? Come on.

Last edited by PGaither84; 08-13-2015 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:53 AM   #30
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I know it's not the popular answer or the answer the OP was looking for with this thread by had a lot of fun with Madden 15 and with the new passing additions I think I am going to love 16. Is the CFM perfect? Not even close, but it is a fun escape for a few hours everyday. That is why I buy Madden. It doesn't mean I am less "sim" because I enjoy the current product. I would love if they did away with the XP system and overhauled the presentation but from what I have seen I can get my moneys worth this year.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:10 AM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I don't think it was fair to ban Steel4Reel. He got sucked in with troll bait. That should be a yellow card warning. I don't know his yellow card history but it looks like he was banned for that post... and that looks way too extreme. Especially when the troll himself isn't banned? Come on.
You should PM a mod or administrator instead of trying to air it out in public.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 08:37 AM   #32
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You should PM a mod or administrator instead of trying to air it out in public.
Agreed. I guess I was just hoping if people agreed, I could get some support. I won't do it again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »