Home

Full Spreadsheet of Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings Available Now

This is a discussion on Full Spreadsheet of Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings Available Now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2015, 10:06 PM   #89
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Full Spreadsheet of Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings Available Now

T.Y Hilton 92 speed and 91 acceleration, while his catching is at 93. I watch every snap of the Colts season and his speed and accel should be up a little bit and his catching should be around an 85. I have no idea what is up with these speed ratings.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:12 PM   #90
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

For those who don't think this is a problem that's fine. I don't have a problem at all with all the lowered speeds I just wish that there was some rhyme or reason to it.

Just looking at the Cowboys roster. Joseph Randle now has 83 speed. That's fine but, the TE Hanna is still at 89. Also the other RB's for Dallas seem to be about the same speed as last year. So why did Randle get a drop but, not the other guys?

Lot's of other numbers like this. I like lowered speed it just seems to have only been dropped for some guys and not others.

I also don't want speed to just be dropped just to drop it. It should be based on some data or something.

This just seems to be random.

And the Randle thing doesn't make sense if it's supposed to be older players getting dropped. He's still young.

I'm just confused I guess. I know I can just use the FBG rosters or adjust my own but, I'm in a online CFM so we will just have to use the EA rosters so we have lots of confused guys in my league right now.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:28 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 0

The random speed ratings make no sense to everyone. It's like Moore was half way through decreasing every ones speed to a new scale and got fired and left and they are unfinished.

Who knows. Its so bizarre. I am so pumped for Madden and pre ordered awhile ago but I am thinking do I even want to jump into this mess again or skip the headache.

I am going to wait and see what happens with this before release.

Last edited by IdleRace; 08-12-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 11:43 PM   #92
Rookie

The speed Ratings seemed to be heavily based on 40 times . It's obvious because if you compare guys with similar speeds they have similar 40 times minus a few guys here and there . I actually like what they are doing brings some logic to the speed rating system.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:02 AM   #93
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocmsa
The speed Ratings seemed to be heavily based on 40 times . It's obvious because if you compare guys with similar speeds they have similar 40 times minus a few guys here and there . I actually like what they are doing brings some logic to the speed rating system.
Exactly !

Tweeted on Aug 4th as pertaining to speed ratings in Madden 16

Donny Moore@Donny_Moore Aug 4 all based off real world 40 time data now. With age-regression built in.

DCEBB2001 Posted this about speed regression in another thread.....

" I have done a lot of analysis on that, and guys who have been hurt will drop, but on the average, a player with a 15 year career will only drop about a tenth in the 40. I have data to support this. A guy like Donald Driver started out at a 4.45 in 1999 and was only at 4.56 in 2011. These guys don't drop off as much as some would like us to believe. "

....Now 4.45 to 4.56 does not sound like much, but in Madden's rating scale, that is about 6 speed points. So a player would go from a 89 to a 83 in this example.

Last edited by Yukon46; 08-13-2015 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:54 AM   #94
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
Exactly !

Tweeted on Aug 4th as pertaining to speed ratings in Madden 16

Donny Moore@Donny_Moore Aug 4 all based off real world 40 time data now. With age-regression built in.

DCEBB2001 Posted this about speed regression in another thread.....

" I have done a lot of analysis on that, and guys who have been hurt will drop, but on the average, a player with a 15 year career will only drop about a tenth in the 40. I have data to support this. A guy like Donald Driver started out at a 4.45 in 1999 and was only at 4.56 in 2011. These guys don't drop off as much as some would like us to believe. "

....Now 4.45 to 4.56 does not sound like much, but in Madden's rating scale, that is about 6 speed points. So a player would go from a 89 to a 83 in this example.

If that is what was done then I'm fine with it. I'm a little concerned that the CFM rookie classes aren't going to be scaled with the new speed ratings though.

I guess we'll see.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:09 AM   #95
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

I'm all for reduced speed..but I'm a touch concerned.."disclaimer I'm a die hard Eagles fan"...but who on earth is Lane Johnson almost as fast as Larry Fitzgerald ?...there are some suspect numbers...MeSean is likely top 5 fastest player in the league but some how he is running between 4.5-4.4? I'm getting these numbers from the slider scale they (EA) put together for an article no more then a few months ago...by their scale Larry Fitzgerald runs now in the 4.7 range? Larry isn't the fastest guy but that seems off...dan u have any numbers to either tell me I'm wrong or right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 01:49 AM   #96
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

The fact that they based player in-game speeds on their 40 times from some combine tells me all I need to know about this year's game..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »