Home

Madden 16 Super Deluxe Edition

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Super Deluxe Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 04:08 AM   #9
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden 16 Super Deluxe Edition

Here's a quick comparison of NBA 2K16's pre-order bonuses and Madden 16's pre-order bonuses.

2K's bonuses:

NBA 2K16 – Early Tip Off Edition Pre-Order Bonus:
-Get the game four days earlier.
-10,000 Virtual Currency (VC), which can be used across pretty much every mode.
-NBA 2K MyTeam VIP Pack (3 MyTEAM Emerald Packs each with a guaranteed Emerald player).
-Game box will come with a foldable insert of all 3 individual cover athletes Stephen Curry, James Harden, and Anthony Davis, ensuring the ability to insert the cover of your choice into the front of box. So you don’t have to worry about your favorite athlete cover copy.

NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition Pre-Order Bonus:
-Get the game 4 days early
-Michael Jordan NBA 2K16 poster, Jordan Fathead wall cling, digital Jordan shoes for your MyPLAYER, digital Jordan t-shirt for your MyPLAYER, digital Jordan jersey for your MyPLAYER, special MJ NBA 2K16 cover (for digital too)
-30,000 VC (Virtual Currency), which can be used across pretty much every mode.
-MyTEAM VIP+: 3 Emerald Packs and a new Special Edition Exclusive Moments Card

Madden's bonuses:

-Varying amounts of MUT packs.

Gee EA, way to go all out. By the way the MJ Special Edition version of 2K16 is $80, however the Super Deluxe version of Madden 16 which gives you 40 MUT packs costs $100.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2

Last edited by ATLBrayden; 08-13-2015 at 04:11 AM.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:17 AM   #10
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
Here's a quick comparison of NBA 2K16's pre-order bonuses and Madden 16's pre-order bonuses.

2K's bonuses:

NBA 2K16 – Early Tip Off Edition Pre-Order Bonus:
-Get the game four days earlier.
-10,000 Virtual Currency (VC), which can be used across pretty much every mode.
-NBA 2K MyTeam VIP Pack (3 MyTEAM Emerald Packs each with a guaranteed Emerald player).
-Game box will come with a foldable insert of all 3 individual cover athletes Stephen Curry, James Harden, and Anthony Davis, ensuring the ability to insert the cover of your choice into the front of box. So you don’t have to worry about your favorite athlete cover copy.

NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition Pre-Order Bonus:
-Get the game 4 days early
-Michael Jordan NBA 2K16 poster, Jordan Fathead wall cling, digital Jordan shoes for your MyPLAYER, digital Jordan t-shirt for your MyPLAYER, digital Jordan jersey for your MyPLAYER, special MJ NBA 2K16 cover (for digital too)
-30,000 VC (Virtual Currency), which can be used across pretty much every mode.
-MyTEAM VIP+: 3 Emerald Packs and a new Special Edition Exclusive Moments Card

Madden's bonuses:

-Varying amounts of MUT packs.

Gee EA, way to go all out. By the way the MJ Special Edition version of 2K16 is $80, however the Super Deluxe version of Madden 16 which gives you 40 MUT packs costs $100.
Which one of these games has competition to fight for casual gamers against and which one is a monopoly
Old 08-13-2015, 04:47 AM   #11
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO122194
Which one of these games has competition to fight for casual gamers against and which one is a monopoly
Trust me, at this point Live isn't any sort of real competition. It's actually quite impressive the lengths 2K go to even though they already know they'll out sell NBA Live by a large amount.
Live seems to be on the upswing but 2K just has so much depth compared to Live (and especially Madden).

I hope Madden can one day get any kind of competition, even if it's on the level of 2K vs Live. A little competition (2K vs Live) is far better than no competition (Madden vs our wallets).

2K does a lot of work on MyTeam, but they don't go to the extent that EA does with MUT. Like you said EA has a monopoly, they also have a massive cash cow inside of it (MUT), which unfortunately won't be going anywhere soon and it will continue getting priority over other game modes and features.

Madden seems to be going into the right direction this year however, I commend them for that. They seem to finally be listening to the community and actually trying to improve, but then you see things like the rookie speeds compared to the veteran speeds, and you doubt them again.

In the end I'll continue buying Madden because I enjoy it despite some of the shortcomings. It's the only football game and I'm a huge football fan, if I wasn't a big fan and didn't enjoy the game I wouldn't be on a (mainly sim) forum of it discussing the game daily.

Enough rambling though, let's keep the talk on pre-orders.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 06:16 AM   #12
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Every single thread has to turn into this stuff, huh?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »