Home

Coach Mode '16?

This is a discussion on Coach Mode '16? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #41
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Coach Mode '16?

Not a deal breaker for me - there are a lot of unrealistic things and a running QB not running sucks but then again ALL teams have this problem. Deal wit it I say and enjoy what you can get.

Yea sucks and EA is negligent AT LEAST on explaining WHY this can not be fixed - THAT is the real problem. Not the fact it is not fixed but WHY! Maybe there is a logistical answer - who knows.

It's not the error - it's the cover up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2015, 12:50 PM   #42
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
Not a deal breaker for me - there are a lot of unrealistic things and a running QB not running sucks but then again ALL teams have this problem. Deal wit it I say and enjoy what you can get.

Yea sucks and EA is negligent AT LEAST on explaining WHY this can not be fixed - THAT is the real problem. Not the fact it is not fixed but WHY! Maybe there is a logistical answer - who knows.

I'm not sure what you mean by "..there are a lot of unrealistic things and a running QB not running sucks but then again ALL teams have this problem." I've seen running QBs and non-running QBs run in the games I've played (12 and 25) numerous times. It's only the HUM QB who fails to run.

And I disagree. It is the error, as well as the cover up. What's the purpose of coach mode then? Why not just play regular and turn auto-pass on? That's the only variable between the two modes - 1 utilizes auto-pass and the other doesn't.

EA only values the modes that bring them the most money. Coach mode is not that mode. So why dump money into it? It's the arcade crowd they're after. It's obvious. This game is nowhere near simulation. Arcade and online is what sells. The end.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:49 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000

The CPU team QB scrambles. It is a problem because the user QB stands there and takes sacks which the CPU QB does not take. The user QB gets lower confidence as a result which impacts his performance. Game prep point have to be expended on improving his confidence.

It is a major problem with the mode and it would be an easy fix. It wouldn't take a lot of programmer time to fix it, the code already exists for the CPU QB.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:01 AM   #44
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
The CPU team QB scrambles. It is a problem because the user QB stands there and takes sacks which the CPU QB does not take. The user QB gets lower confidence as a result which impacts his performance. Game prep point have to be expended on improving his confidence.

It is a major problem with the mode and it would be an easy fix. It wouldn't take a lot of programmer time to fix it, the code already exists for the CPU QB.
It has been said here that player lock to another player and you will get your hum QB to scramble.

Also we did have a football manger game called head coach but it did not sell well. Head coach with madden graphics awesome!!
Old 08-21-2015, 11:48 AM   #45
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowndsy
It has been said here that player lock to another player and you will get your hum QB to scramble.

Also we did have a football manger game called head coach but it did not sell well. Head coach with madden graphics awesome!!

Yes you can player lock with someone else and the QB will scramble.

Head Coach game with Madden graphics is my dream game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2015, 12:01 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Yes you can player lock with someone else and the QB will scramble.

Head Coach game with Madden graphics is my dream game!
But if you player lock with another player and the play is away from that player, can you see what is happening?
Old 08-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
But if you player lock with another player and the play is away from that player, can you see what is happening?
It was suggested that if u use the rb for the most part u can see some plays develop. It all depends on the routes of the player you lock on vs where the qb passes. If a player 's route ends up in the middle of the field I guess there is a better chance to see the play.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:14 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowndsy

At this point if there are no plans to re release this game...just put head coach into this game as an option since the sales were bad previously. That way you maximize your consumer base.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »