Home

Coach Mode '16?

This is a discussion on Coach Mode '16? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2015, 12:52 AM   #65
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Coach Mode '16?

Guys, no disrespect, but I'm not understanding the point of this thread anymore. I understood it in the beginning but now it has reached a level of consistent "why's"? I have been playing madden since 89 on PC and coach mode is the way I enjoy playing and for the most part always choose to do so unless I am playing head to head online. For the past 2 installments I have done nothing but purchase a game and did not complete a season this basically making a donation to the EA for their lack of inputting a simple code. My friend is a programmer and he told me that it would not be hard but a simple copy of the code they use to generate the motion for CPU quarterbacks to run. With saying that, I have decided and I am determined that if I see my qb in trouble during coach mode play, all I'm going to do is use the controller and enjoy the game! EA is going to do what they wish but with so many detrimental problems in the world, I'm not going to waste another minute of wishful thinking! I hope ya'll enjoy madden..it's beautiful, entertaining and I look forward to watching Suh knock the wind out of Brady!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 01:54 AM   #66
Pro

OVR: 2

I think the point is simple.. Hundreds and maybe Thousands of us play or enjoy playing Coach Mode only. Many, many people have no desire to play OL.. I will never play OL.. I want a realistic FB game. I want a Franchise career mode statistic visual FB game.. I wish to use my brain, NOT MY THUMBS. I want to build a team, draft my players, build a game plan based on my personal, Train my players, and then set back and watch everything I built, designed, and created play out in front of my eyes. At one time, MADDEN let you do this. They have taken that away. Hundreds of us have asked over and over why this simply can not be done, Only to receive no response, no actual answers, Some replies say there are no resources, BS.... They say it isn't a priority They say that total control of editing is not a priority... BS, It is one of the most requested features of the game, If a CPU team can sim against another CPU team.. If a CPU team can react against a human team. If all the other players on a human controlled team can respond to the actions of a CPU team.. WHY CAN"T A HUMAN CONTROLLED TEAM simply have a QB scramble and run on his own. If A CPU team can punt and kick, Why can't a human team punt and kick on there own. THEY DID IN MADDEN 12. Don't defend EA's version of Coach mode, as it was once far more than it is. I have never known a Coach, any FB coach to run out on the field and KICK, or PUNT, or grab the QB and make him run.. A coach is a coach.. PERIOD.. EA has turned its nose up to those of us that actually want to use our brains and strictly want thumb jockeys to play. The more you have to thumb jockey, The less you have to compare to realism, The less they have to improve there game. It's really that simple. And to those that have handicaps, can't or have minimum use of your hands or thumbs, such as I.. Ea say's to hell with you because they simply don't care. And that is simply the truth..
Old 08-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #67
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I think all the hyperbole gets in the way of your argument, you've gone from saying it's a fact that EA said it can't be done to positing that every reasonable reason it hasn't been done is BS. I don't understand what you seek to accomplish of you aren't going to constructively discuss the topic and instead just rail against EA unless you think forum martyrdom will accomplish something.

You yourself characterize why this hasn't been done over something like WR/DB interactions... 'hundreds, maybe thousands' would use it. So that's the priority it gets resource-wise unless the mode can be created in a fashion that widens appeal.

Last edited by mestevo; 08-24-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:32 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 10

It seems this thread has served its purpose unless there is something new in M 16 NOT in 15 re: coach mode. Imo, i dont know how difficult it is to allow scrambling in coach mode. Why not treat our pick in calling the play as a CPU pick and what ever programming was implemented allowing the cpu to scramble can be "copied and pasted" to the users pick allowing the same AI to control.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 2

Mestevo..Thank you for your reply. As a Coach mode only type player. I have waited 3 years for Cpu vs Cpu and coach mode to be reinstated. I have read every posting that i can find on this issue from every source I can find. I have written to EA, I have tried to communicate with anyone I can from developers, and other sites. I think i can assume that you are not a Coach mode player. The responses i have stated are from others that have also tried to get answers from EA regarding this situation. I have read people stating they were told it couldn't be done, I have read that it was because of resources and many other excuses. I personally have NOT received one actual reason or response from EA. I do believe that i once read a response from someone claiming to be a programmer stating that it was to difficult and not a priority. So the question remains... EA had this feature in Madden 12. WHY do they not have it in any Madden title since. The frustration and anger from most of us Coach mode players is simply because NO ONE, has given us reason, or an answer. The only certified answer that i read was from a question asked to a EA rep if it was going to be included in last year or this years version of the game and the response was ( no ). So I still ask until I receive an answer.. If it was in 12, Why can it not implemented in this years game. It worked fine in 12, so why not now.. IT CAN BE DONE.. they have showed that.. Just give us an honest and reasonable answer.. Don't play politics.. Just tell us why.. And if they can't give a legit reason to turn on a switch that many, many have asked for.. Then it must be because they just don't want to.. So i ask you with respect.. How can I constructively discuss the topic to an issue I can not get an answer to accept that it won't be available..

Last edited by CleveCluby; 08-24-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #70
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

There was not a true coach mode in 12. Trust me, I know because it's the only version I still play. The only thing 12 had that differs from all releases thereafter is cpu vs cpu. I, too, wish they'd bring that back, but when it comes to coach mode, it's the same in every version since 12.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:51 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 21

Forget about that it is not a priority for EA. Forget about the fact that they say their stats don't support putting it in based on the number of people who play the game like this. Forget about everything.

EA - can you just throw us Coach mode players a bone then? We have supported the last upteenth titles. Can you bite the bullet for us and just make the human QB run when he has to and let the kickers do their thing without human intervention?

Please...just throw us this one bone...and we will go away content! Just once??

Thanks.

C

PS: 4200+ views account for something I would think...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 05:54 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

^^^ Out of the over 5 million people that get the game annually it's not even a drop in the bucket...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »