Home

Computer using custom playbooks in CFM

This is a discussion on Computer using custom playbooks in CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 05:37 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Computer using custom playbooks in CFM

Some of the playbooks you find in the vault are real good. I'm going to stream another game against Arizona. I downloaded a couple of their playbooks that seem pretty accurate. Curious to see how the computer will use them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2015, 06:23 AM   #10
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
Some of the playbooks you find in the vault are real good. I'm going to stream another game against Arizona. I downloaded a couple of their playbooks that seem pretty accurate. Curious to see how the computer will use them.

I watched 1st half of cards game and wow! They mixed it up and I've never seen CPU AI play like that! Cool to see! You didn't know what was coming next and it was cool to see multiple players in motions from similar sets that were mixed up between run and pass...
Old 08-13-2015, 07:06 AM   #11
Pro

They ran the ball too much. But yeah you are right. More diverse play calling for sure and multiple sets. It all depends on the quality of the playbook. I'm sure if we took the time to edit it the way we want, the computer would call plays according to the gameplan.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 08:24 AM   #12
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
They ran the ball too much. But yeah you are right. More diverse play calling for sure and multiple sets. It all depends on the quality of the playbook. I'm sure if we took the time to edit it the way we want, the computer would call plays according to the gameplan.

Agreed! I didn't like seeing 40 runs with cards and over 30 for starting hb. In all fairness to the CPU though they were having success running and were up all game so maybe the reasoning for more runs. But definitely more diverse play calling! Didn't see any play actions at all. I'm sure tweaking a few stars here and there and trial and error could yield some solid results. The top teams I'd really like to dial in on 1st for the CPU would be Denver, New England, Green Bay, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Atlanta, and the Arizona Cardinals.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:56 AM   #13
Pro

Going to stream Packers in my CFM.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:28 AM   #14
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Yes. You read correctly. I have figured out a way that allows you to assign a custom playbook to the computer in a CFM. Up until now, we could only do it in play now games. Now you can in franchise and makes a world of difference. It solves the computer dinking and dunking. They actually call the plays you created in the playbook. I know M15 has this problem. Hopefully, M16 the CPU will call a better game. But even if they do, it's nice to have a workaround that lets you assign a custom playbook to the computer. Definitely works on the PS4. I'm almost sure it will work on Xbox.

The workaround requires the following

1) 2 controllers
2) Two accounts, both have to be legitimate PSN or Xbox live accounts. A guess account or an offline account will not work.

Once you have both accounts setup, it's time to login into each one. Not sure how that works for the Xbox, but for the PS4 it's fairly easy. Login into your main account. That'll be for controller 1. Next login into the second account by pressing the PS button. That'll be for the second controller. Now boot up Madden. To go between profiles at the main menu screen just use the directional pad. Now that you have 2 controllers and 2 accounts active, you want to create, edit, or download the playbook (s) you want the computer to use. I personally download them. There are many to choose from in the vault for every team.

For example, I'm a 49ers fan. So I do a search for niners or 49ers. It'll come up with rosters and playbooks that have those keywords. Download the one (s) you want. Once you decided which one to use during the game, you assign them in the settings of the main menu. NOT in the CFM.

So now that you chose which playbook(s) you want to use, you'll do the same process for the second account and second controller. But instead of choosing your playbooks, you are going to download the playbooks of your opponent in CFM. Once you have picked the ones you want to use, assign them for that profile in the settings screen of the main menu.

Start or continue your CFM. Create your character first. But it has to be a created coach. Now create your second character. This one MUST be a created player. It should be one that will not see the field. I usually pick a undrafted QB because most of them will be a third stringer. If not, just reorder the depth chart to make sure he is the 3rd or 4th qb.

Now switch back to your character (the coach). When you get to the match up screen, move controller 1 to the side you'll be playing as. Move the second controller to the opponent (the backup qb). Both you and computer will now use the playbooks you assigned to them in the main menu. Play the game and enjoy the computer using a custom playbook in a CFM.

I know it sounds very confusing and involving, but if you want the computer to play a certain way it's the only method that allows you to do it. It'll become second nature once you do 1 or 2 times. This fix is really for M15 because of how conservative the computer plays. It'll work for 16 as well, it just may not be as necessary to get the computer to open up more as it is for 15.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions should you have problems getting this to work.

Ok so I think I understand...few questions:

1) If I am fine using the default playbook for MY team in my Panthers CFM, I can skip downloading custom playbooks for my profile, right?
2) Also, do I have to create a coach for my profile if I'm fine using the default playbook?
3) I wonder why choosing a created player instead of a coach for the 2nd profile is what allows you to use the custom playbook??

Awesome find if this truly works, man! I might check out your stream later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2015, 11:40 AM   #15
Pro

1) Correct, no need to download a custom playbook for your team

2)Yes, you have to create a coach regardless. I have no idea why, but when I've tried a player, even GM, it didn't work. The screen would go all wonky

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #16
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
1) Correct, no need to download a custom playbook for your team

2)Yes, you have to create a coach regardless. I have no idea why, but when I've tried a player, even GM, it didn't work. The screen would go all wonky

Ok gotcha - thanks for the response.

So if I have an active CFM, I would want to retire Ron Rivera and create a custom coach instead for my profile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »