Home

Computer using custom playbooks in CFM

This is a discussion on Computer using custom playbooks in CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 06:01 PM   #33
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Computer using custom playbooks in CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
I think I figured out something big. (Might also explain why the Arizona CPU ran on you so much):

When editing a playbook, make sure all of the situationals are filled out (1st down, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, red zone, 2 min offense, etc).

I just downloaded an awesome playbook but when I played against the CPU, they ran the ball in a lot of stupid situations.

Pulled up the playbook and sure enough, they had only a few run plays here and there for most of their situations...even 3rd and long!

Testing now to see if the CPU passes more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes this is key. If these are done properly (will be time consuming) it could be a game changer. I don't have 15 anymore but isn't there a slider for run versus pass etc? I know there used to be but not sure if that was in 15 or older games? That could factor in as well with coaching sliders and playbooks along with properly rated down and distance situations star rated appropriately to see a bigger difference in run versus passing teams... I'm so excited to try this in 2 weeks!!! After testing new CPU AI play calling 1st that is but I can't imagine they did much in this area as it's been the same for years.

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 08-13-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:27 PM   #34
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Yes this is key. If these are done properly (will be time consuming) it could be a game changer. I don't have 15 anymore but isn't there a slider for run versus pass etc? I know there used to be but not sure if that was in 15 or older games? That could factor in as well with coaching sliders and playbooks along with properly rated down and distance situations star rated appropriately... I'm so excited to try this in 2 weeks!!! After testing new CPU AI play calling 1st that is but I can't imagine they did much in this area as it's been the same for years.
I agree! We could have a community set of playbooks for each team/playstyle. That would be awesome.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:30 PM   #35
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
I agree! We could have a community set of playbooks for each team/playstyle. That would be awesome.
Can you check if there is a coaching slider with run versus pass?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 07:15 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Can you check if there is a coaching slider with run versus pass?
I believe those sliders were only on Maddens prior to 13. The one thing about this workaround is you won't be able to change the schemes and stuff like that because the characters you create besides your own are players. Coaches and owners can only edit them. If you did a 32 team control with all coaches or owners then you would be able to edit the schemes. You can't do both, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2015, 08:00 PM   #37
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I remember coming across this workaround back right after CFM was introduced on the 360. It can be a complete game changer, especially now that I think they took off or greatly expanded the limit on the amount of plays a given situation can hold. I would have done it but 32-team control was already time consuming as hell and to pile on this with how long it takes to switch profiles I just couldn't do it. One thing I always noticed and I'm sure is still the case with CPU playbooks is that pretty much every team only seems to use like half their playbook. Every situation only has I think 20 plays and the majority of them are stacked with slants, sticks, and curls out of different sets. GamePlan could be an absolutely great feature if they'd just put time and effort into it for each team.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:30 PM   #38
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm going to boot it up again tonight vannwolf - anything else you want me to check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2015, 09:13 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 7

On deciding what kind of player to create for the computer, here are the effects.

1) QB- ideally this is what you want the character to be because usually it'll be a third stringer and you won't have to worry about being interfered with. But should a created qb come in, it usually be for field goals being he is the holder. In this case, you have to kick the fg for the computer.

2) For every other position, try to create a player that is low on the depth chart. Should the player get into the game, you'll have to pick the computers play.

These instances won't happen very much, especially if you are able to create a 3rd string qb. But should they arise, that's when you'll have to take control of the second controller.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

It took me a while to figure it out but it works well on X1. I'm playing the Eagles with the Oregon playbook and they are looking like a Chip Kelly team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »