Home

Pass Coverage in Madden 15/16

This is a discussion on Pass Coverage in Madden 15/16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2015, 10:01 AM   #17
Rookie

DreSki's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Pass Coverage in Madden 15/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
You guys need to stop using "There's always a weakness" in relation to this problem lol. The zone depths are improperly implemented. You can't argue that. Hook zones by ILB's should not be 15 yards downfield.
This is absolutely true. No matter the zone defense underneath routes are constantly open unless you user defend it. Fortunately I always user the mlb so it cut out a lot of that nonsense but it's definitely a problem. The user defenders consistently never step up when a player enters their zone until it's too late. Play any cover 2 defense and run a slant or drag. It's open consistently on almost every play
Old 08-16-2015, 10:11 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 21

Then add to all the above problems the defenders don't pass off WR's running through their zones properly. I have seen SO MANY FREAKING TIMES. LB's follow WR's out of their zone area into another defenders zone(almost like they are playing man instead of zone) and leave the area they are suppose to be in WIDE open. They should have just passed the WR off to the next defender but they don't. Crap is infuriating.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:28 AM   #19
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Then add to all the above problems the defenders don't pass off WR's running through their zones properly. I have seen SO MANY FREAKING TIMES. LB's follow WR's out of their zone area into another defenders zone(almost like they are playing man instead of zone) and leave the area they are suppose to be in WIDE open. They should have just passed the WR off to the next defender but they don't. Crap is infuriating.
I mentioned this in my earlier response to the topic creator, but Madden 15 implemented some match coverage principles in their zone coverage last year. What you're describing is suppose to occur with match coverage. This type of defense is the best of both man and zone coverage - it starts out in zone and finishes in man coverage after the pattern distribution.

Nick Saban and Bill Bellichick are credited with the invention of this during their time together with the Browns during the mid 90s. Now every team in the NFL and NCAA use it. Dropping to a spot and defending that area has been extinct for a long time.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:36 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
I mentioned this in my earlier response to the topic creator, but Madden 15 implemented some match coverage principles in their zone coverage last year. What you're describing is suppose to occur with match coverage. This type of defense is the best of both man and zone coverage - it starts out in zone and finishes in man coverage after the pattern distribution.

Nick Saban and Bill Bellichick are credited with the invention of this during their time together with the Browns during the mid 90s. Now every team in the NFL and NCAA use it. Dropping to a spot and defending that area has been extinct for a long time.

I am sure they still have to do some pattern reading in this scheme as they are STILL in a zone defense. The defenders STILL have to be aware if there is another WR on their side of the field they cant just ignore one of the WR's because they are in a matchup zone.
Old 08-16-2015, 01:23 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
You guys need to stop using "There's always a weakness" in relation to this problem lol. The zone depths are improperly implemented. You can't argue that. Hook zones by ILB's should not be 15 yards downfield.
Exactly. If he got cover 2 any pass to the flats should be non existent. A person can go underneath all day in this game with no problem. Which shouldn't be. My issue is that when you play computer on madden its not open. But play a person on all madden its wide open and they can call the same play over and over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19

the more i think about this issue. the more that I lean towards the line backer ratings.
maybe the linebackers play recognition, or awareness are too low.
Im going to edit the linebackers on my cfm team in Madden 15 and see what happens.
Old 08-16-2015, 02:48 PM   #23
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Lol pretty much anything. I see 75% and higher completion rates frequently. And judging from other threads many people are in agreement that Pass Coverage was very poor this year. Either from poor recognition or the fact that defenders do not accelerate as quickly as offensive players do. Either way, I highly doubt it's fixed in any way in 2016.
The high completion percentage was not due to the defense, rather the pinpoint accuracy of almost every QB. In my opinion (as one who never played tackle football), most zone defenses work very well. Most zone defenses will play over the top, as opposed to underneath in order to limit big plays. If you really want, audible to underneath coverage. This should make your players play shallower and below the reviewers, but this will open you up for some big plays against you.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 08-16-2015, 08:16 PM   #24
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Fact is, still, there is always weak points in any coverage...Specifically zone, in this case...

Could the LB's be closer? yes..but only the MLB has a tendency to drop excessively deep...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »