Home

Madden X1 bundle question

This is a discussion on Madden X1 bundle question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2015, 02:04 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden X1 bundle question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb01
We all get that. I can also buy the 1 tb console and get halo if I want.

Point is...again you buy the console and not only do you not get the full game out of the box to play that day (you have to wait a week to play it) you have to wait 2 days just to be able to play the 10 hour trial. So why not wait to release the console till next week or wait till the 20th.

Name another bundle that you buy and you have to wait a week to play the game it comes with???

Also it's another slap in the face that all the madden youtubers get free copies sent to them but someone who pays for the console bundle can't play the game. Yes I know those guys market the game for ea via their yt channel.

BTW for the people wondering ea has confirmed with me we can't play the game till next week minus the 10hr trial on the 20th.

IGN : Bdub01
IGN : lewbis01 (alt acct)
MVP : Shaquille O'Neal (PO Great)
You are literally missing the whole point of the bundle. They're trying to show off EA Access....

If they release it on the 25th, what good does including EA Access do? The whole point is that you get it a couple days early, set up the Xbox, and try out EA Access so you can play a game in the vault until the 20th when M16 is out, then you get to play that until the full release.

For me because I live in Canada, the cheapest X1 (500gb) is $400, add in M16 $80, and EA Access $30 = that alone is $510. For Canadians it's $450 for the bundle. So that means I paid $60 less and got 500gb more. Not sure about you, but that's a hell of a deal for me.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:26 AM   #34
Just started!

Traditionally in the last couple of years, who has had the better netcode for Madden (and in general) - XB1 or PS4?
Old 08-18-2015, 08:16 AM   #35
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Point is...again you buy the console and not only do you not get the full game out of the box to play that day (you have to wait a week to play it) you have to wait 2 days just to be able to play the 10 hour trial. So why not wait to release the console till next week or wait till the 20th.

Name another bundle that you buy and you have to wait a week to play the game it comes with???

Also it's another slap in the face that all the madden youtubers get free copies sent to them but someone who pays for the console bundle can't play the game. Yes I know those guys market the game for ea via their yt channel.

BTW for the people wondering ea has confirmed with me we can't play the game till next week minus the 10hr trial on the 20th.

??? When consumers get the bundle (this week), they get EA Access that allows them to play Madden 16 (this Thursday) and the Madden code allows the infinite rights to the game beginning on the 25th..

I'm not quite sure of the disconnect here. You get the bundle a week before the game come out. When has that ever happen on purpose.???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #36
Rookie

Skyhook71's Arena

This pans out perfect for me.

If I get the system today or tomorrow, I get a day or two to get everything set up. dL some games like KI and give the system time to dL games onto my system. I have two days off this week right when the EA acess kicks off.

Im having some friends over for some beer and 10 hours of madden 16. Of course we will take breaks with other games like KI and EA access and whatever else. Of course all good things must come to an end, and I will have to work everyday until the official release. then its madden holiday for me and my buds....... a yearly ritual since madden 96.

Im just happy I held out until a good 1TB system bundel came out.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:33 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 1
Madden X1 bundle question

Quote:

Ah, the internet...for when you feel like watching people complain about free stuff lol

You do realize that while they wait a few days for M16 to be accessible through EA Access, they have an instant game collection, right? Dragon Age, Titanfall, Battlefield 3, etc etc.

And, if nothing else, they can play Madden 15 while they wait a few days for 16. So tell me again how this is bad??

Edit: to answer your sarcastic question, I will say that many people bought the Halo bundle specifically for online, and were not able to play it for 6 months or so. I think Madden fans are getting off easy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

Last edited by therealsmallville; 08-18-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:44 PM   #38
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:

You can still use EA Access (which is the entire point of this bundle) on the 18th, and play a whole bunch of games for free including Titanfall. There is enough content on EA Access to keep you busy until you get your free trial of Madden. As for the guys on Youtube most of those are part of the GC program, some are media member, some were just able to get the game early. Life isn't fair sometimes you have to wait a week to play a game while others can play it now. Here in Thailand where I live you can purchase the game in any electronics market, just like you can with any new release 1-2 weeks before they officially come out. All this doesn't change the face that you still got a great deal on a new console.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:46 PM   #39
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
Ah, the internet...for when you feel like watching people complain about free stuff lol

You do realize that while they wait a few days for M16 to be accessible through EA Access, they have an instant game collection, right? Dragon Age, Titanfall, Battlefield 3, etc etc.

And, if nothing else, they can play Madden 15 while they wait a few days for 16. So tell me again how this is bad??

Edit: to answer your sarcastic question, I will say that many people bought the Halo bundle specifically for online, and were not able to play it for 6 months or so. I think Madden fans are getting off easy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should have read your comment before replying we basically said the same thing lol.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:00 PM   #40
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
You can still use EA Access (which is the entire point of this bundle) on the 18th, and play a whole bunch of games for free including Titanfall. There is enough content on EA Access to keep you busy until you get your free trial of Madden. As for the guys on Youtube most of those are part of the GC program, some are media member, some were just able to get the game early. Life isn't fair sometimes you have to wait a week to play a game while others can play it now. Here in Thailand where I live you can purchase the game in any electronics market, just like you can with any new release 1-2 weeks before they officially come out. All this doesn't change the face that you still got a great deal on a new console.
I hope someone can help me understand the EA Access Vault..I just got Access, and I have the option of installing a game that is listed in the vault or buying a copy; aren't the vault games downloadable and playable for free? why is the option to buy a copy there? I just fear having my credit card charged...

THank you in advance for any help..The Xbox webpages were of little help..

(Sorry this is off topic of football, but I know there are people here that are way more advanced in this area than any other forum.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »