Home

I Might Have Figured Out The IR...

This is a discussion on I Might Have Figured Out The IR... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2015, 04:31 AM   #1
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
I Might Have Figured Out The IR...

Already posted in another thread responding to someone about this, but I think you guys might want to hear this and see if you can repeat it yourself...

In week 5 in my Franchise, I'm carrying 55 players--and I have been since preseason week 4, I can even show video proof in an upload if you need it.

I simmed to week 4 and picked up some players to test in the last preseason game, only to find a 65ovr WR and Ryan Clady out for the season. After cutting players and putting them on IR, I tried to make sure I had 53 active players, since a basement-level 7th WR was a special teams stud and Demaryius was out for 5 weeks. After this, I still had the 'Cut 2 Players' in my Things To Do.

But, after triple checking my roster, I just advanced to week 1 without addressing it and I've been able to carry the 2 IR players without a single problem so far. Looking to retest and see if anybody can confirm this as well or if mine was some sort of bug
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 11:39 AM   #2
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I Might Have Figured Out The IR...

So far, I've not been able to reproduce any issues with IR. I got a little upset about it before I started my CFM when people were saying it was broken, but for me every time I put a player on IR it is freeing up a 53 man roster spot.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:44 PM   #3
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreakingBerry
So far, I've not been able to reproduce any issues with IR. I got a little upset about it before I started my CFM when people were saying it was broken, but for me every time I put a player on IR it is freeing up a 53 man roster spot.
Are you doing that in preseason or the regular season? IR worked as it should during the regular season, but in the preseason, if you put players on the IR, it would look like it would free up a roster spot and tell you you didn't need to cut anymore people, then it would auto-cut players because it was still counting the IR players as active. It was only a preseason issue. I haven't started a franchise again (waiting tomorrow for the rosters) since the new patch, I doubt its fixed, they didn't say anything about fixing IR.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:26 PM   #4
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm not 100% sure as I've only done a very quick check but I think IR now works as it should during preseason as well . Though I've been fooled by this before
If this isn't the case I would suggest a workaround of cutting your FB K and/or P to bring your team to 53
If I'm correct the cpu will then sign replacements to bring you up to minimum roster requirements
This messes up contracts but does allow the IR slots to be of value

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »