Home

Keep posts constructive (Permanent Bans Incoming)

This is a discussion on Keep posts constructive (Permanent Bans Incoming) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2015, 11:21 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Keep posts constructive (Permanent Bans Incoming)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b
I tend to agree on nature on this.I've seen it multiple times, first hand as well.

Is roadman saying this site is more for the devs than the posters? It's what that statement implies. I just think its a lot more user friendly to see a thread about a certain topic than get a response like "please use so and so thread" or "look in the so and so thread".

Just my 2 cents.
I completely agree with this, and I've survived on this site for quite some time (prior to this instance of the forum existing). I'm not here every day, I stop by, read the threads, move on, and come back a few days later, so it makes consuming anything very difficult when posts are closed and moved into a 20 page long "Impressions" thread that takes several dozen page loads to click through.

It's bad for the site too, in so far as you'd imagine the owners would like to bring more traffic in (perhaps they wouldn't, but who knows there)... The threads all perform very poorly in search engines, and traffic inevitably goes to Reddit and other areas where a URL and title can be descriptive of the content. The bug thread is a key example of this. You have dozens and dozens of posts with very informative and well described bugs, but for SEO, they're all competing against one another because the search term density is so low, the page title has very little to do with the terms themselves, and the content is so difficult to parse (There's about 40 links at the top of the site that preceed any content). A much more search-friendly way (and therefore, user, player, developer friendly.. Because, remember, search engines try to mimic human behavior as closely as possible) would be to have individual bugs get their own threads. Search phrase density would be high, page titles and headlines would match the content of the post (instead of being generic), and key phrases would not be competing with each other.

But, really, I'd be happy if when a thread was closed by a mod the mod put a link into it for where the discussion should be. You see a lot of discussions start up, and then quickly see the thread closed with a dismissive message of "this topic is discussed in another thread." Well, do the OP and any visitor's to that thread a favor and toss a link to the thread that you know where the discussion is happening so that other people can read about the discussion. There's often a mentality on forums, especially long-standing ones, that the visitor is the bad guy and the site is providing a service to the visitor. It's typically the opposite, the visitor provides the content and revenue and is the raison d'être for the site's existence.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #58
Just started!

OVR: 0

OS does not lend its self to new users or even older users. Let us vent it's a message board for Christ sake
Old 09-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #59
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnhbj
OS does not lend its self to new users or even older users. Let us vent it's a message board for Christ sake
A message board.... with standards. Which is why it's so great.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:24 PM   #60
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
A message board.... with standards. Which is why it's so great.
That's a spam bot you replied to...

A mod will remove it as they get time.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 09-07-2015, 12:10 AM   #61
Just started!

It is very simple, people like Rex and other Devs have really come out and put a lot of personal time into getting in touch with the people; treat them right...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 12:21 AM   #62
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xghhgjin
It is very simple, people like Rex and other Devs have really come out and put a lot of personal time into getting in touch with the people; treat them right...
It's kind of ironic and strange that these spam bots keep posting on this thread.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:35 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Seems like we get this every year near launch, so why not now, right?

If you can't post constructively, you will be banned.

"Typical EA" is not constructive.

Attacking devs (especially ones who are attempting to help by interacting here) is not constructive.

As a reminder, Operation Sports reserves the right to ban anyone at any time from accessing our privately owned site. And yes, all bans are permanent. So please - read your post thoroughly before you hit submit.
my post was CONSTRUCTIVE and was close immediately with no explanation. it was a douche move and NOT user friendly at all. Can I get an explanation???
Old 09-07-2015, 12:38 PM   #64
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA KING
my post was CONSTRUCTIVE and was close immediately with no explanation. it was a douche move and NOT user friendly at all. Can I get an explanation???
Your post was a general impression, and also being discussed in multiple other threads. There was a link given to where you could post it when it was closed.

Also - I'm giving you a quick warning - learn how to speak to people here with respect or you will be banned quickly. Calling someone or referring to their actions as a 'douche' will not be tolerated.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »