Home

Why Change Scouting

This is a discussion on Why Change Scouting within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Why Change Scouting

To be honest I had no problem with the previous years scouting and drafting. I found it a challenge since you had limited points and to unlock and attibutes actual number cost alot. I found sleeper in round 4-5 and thats how it should be. I would also draft busts in round 1 and 2.

Why did they change it. To make it easier? Faster? You only unlock 3 attributes and then you find there "True Value". Not only that they give you enough points over the season to find 60 players True value. That is an insane amount.

What if i want to find a CB tackle rating but its not in his top 3 but im still interested in him. Wont be able to find that out. Why simplify stuff for the people. I loved the challenge it was previously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2015, 12:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why Change Scouting

I'm okay with scouting being easier and less random. In reality, even fans like us know all about the players entering the draft. We don't know if they'll pan out, but there isn't much mystery about physical attributes in real life. Nothing worse in Madden than drafting the random CB with 78 SPD...that just doesn't really happen.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:25 PM   #3
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why Change Scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusker
I'm okay with scouting being easier and less random. In reality, even fans like us know all about the players entering the draft. We don't know if they'll pan out, but there isn't much mystery about physical attributes in real life. Nothing worse in Madden than drafting the random CB with 78 SPD...that just doesn't really happen.
Agreed understandable, which is why I am glad they added combine stats.
But the draft is fun because it really is a mystery. With the new system you can easily tell who is a bust or not and will never miss round 1-7. In the previous versions you could draft a bust and then draft a sleeper in round 5.

i feel as if that is not there anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »