Home

In-Game Progression Bug Tied To Drive Goals (Will Be Patched, Says Developer)

This is a discussion on In-Game Progression Bug Tied To Drive Goals (Will Be Patched, Says Developer) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 05:20 PM   #17
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: In-Game Progression Bug Gives Major Ratings Boosts (Will Be Patched, Says Develop

Is there any way around this issue?
Old 08-21-2015, 05:21 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: potentially game breaking bug is ruining my franchise

I get EA is working it but I have a feeling they will just limit you being able to go over 99. My question is why is your 2nd string QB getting a boosted rating from the starter blowing it up? They should be completely independent of each other. There should be no rating adjustments to the backups. If anything the 2nd stringer should lower his confidence because there is no chance for him to go into the game if the starter is blowing it up.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:24 PM   #19
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: potentially game breaking bug is ruining my franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I have edited the title and hope it works for you. If you want it tweaked at all just let me know!
thanks! its perfect
Old 08-21-2015, 05:24 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: In-Game Progression Bug Gives Major Ratings Boosts (Will Be Patched, Says Develop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
Is there any way around this issue?
For the hot streak problem, I doubt it.

IF there is a similar problem with cold streaks that MIGHT have a workaround (that's why I was asking about it). This year we can reset confidence back to 50 at any time for players who fall under it, and confidence is directly tied to Hot/Cold streaks (I believe it's < 25 = Cold, > 75 = Hot). Resetting that should eliminate the cold streaks immediately.

Unfortunately, I don't think we have the option to lower confidence ratings ABOVE 50.

Last edited by bcruise; 08-21-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:28 PM   #21
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Is there a reverse effect of this if a player drops into cold streak status? Like their ratings drop near 0 or something?

Just tossing out questions trying to keep the discussion going since I don't have the game yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
For the hot streak problem, I doubt it.

IF there is a similar problem with cold streaks that MIGHT have a workaround (that's why I was asking about it). This year we can reset confidence back to 50 at any time for players who fall under it, and confidence is directly tied to Hot/Cold streaks (I believe it's < 25 = Cold, > 75 = Hot). Resetting that should eliminate the cold streaks immediately.

Unfortunately, I don't think we have the option to lower confidence ratings ABOVE 50.
Yeah if it's only going one way (hot not cold) that will be more concerning to me as well because then it's a funkier problem than expected.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:29 PM   #22
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I asked in another thread but will ask it in here since you guys may know. Will we have to restart our CFM once the patch comes out in order for it to be fixed or will we be able to continue with our current CFM?
Old 08-21-2015, 05:30 PM   #23
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I asked in another thread but will ask it in here since you guys may know. Will we have to restart our CFM once the patch comes out in order for it to be fixed or will we be able to continue with our current CFM?
Nobody is going to know that at this point, but generally speaking, this seems like it would be an issue that would impact ongoing or new franchises so I don't think you would need to restart. That's just my educated guess though.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:36 PM   #24
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

Is this a progression only issue via cfm or do any parts of the identified problem cause issues with online play like h2h/mut etc...? Ive been away from online play for a few years so I cant remember if hot/cold applies online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »