Home

Hows your CFM going? Madden 16 Edition

This is a discussion on Hows your CFM going? Madden 16 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2015, 11:00 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Hows your CFM going? Madden 16 Edition

It is now really difficult to train a low rated rookie to be star status. The XP system has been ridiculously overhauled to the point the max XP you can expect a week from game prep is about 350 compared to around 5,000 (spending all hours on one guy)
Annually after an MVP season you'll earn about 6,000 total compared to 100,000.

Why such a drastic change? I don't like it at all.

To level up a rookie from Average - Superstar development it will take every hour and every XP point for 2-4 seasons.

Also for those like me excited to be the Vikings in the new stadium you will be disappointed. For some reason the Vikings horn did not get put in. It's not the Vikes without the horn! Come on EA!
Old 08-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #10
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
It is now really difficult to train a low rated rookie to be star status. The XP system has been ridiculously overhauled to the point the max XP you can expect a week from game prep is about 350 compared to around 5,000 (spending all hours on one guy)

To level up a rookie from Average - Superstar development it will take every hour and every XP point for 2-4 seasons.

Also for those like me excited to be the Vikings in the new stadium you will be disappointed. For some reason the Vikings horn did not get put in. It's not the Vikes without the horn! Come on EA!

Not trying to bring this tread off topic but I think I saw somewhere that the XP system can be turned off. And there is a global progression/recession thing going on.

Anyone care to chime in on this, never been a fan of the XP system.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:34 AM   #11
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

Quote:

This actually makes me really happy. It was annoying watching people turn Manziel into Aaron Rodgers with 99 speed after 1 season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2015, 12:01 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloobloouk
This actually makes me really happy. It was annoying watching people turn Manziel into Aaron Rodgers with 99 speed after 1 season.
The point of XP was giving us control of our players development. Also to allow for natural breakout players. If you drafted a 5th round RB last year rated 70 and then ran for 2,000 yards you could have him rated where a 90+ where a 2,000 RB should be. Now you will be lucky to see him go to a 75 after the same type of season.

Maybe EA should have XP sliders for leagues. It's just such a huge change from last year. It almost makes game prep pointless.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
The point of XP was giving us control of our players development. Also to allow for natural breakout players. If you drafted a 5th round RB last year rated 70 and then ran for 2,000 yards you could have him rated where a 90+ where a 2,000 RB should be. Now you will be lucky to see him go to a 75 after the same type of season.

Maybe EA should have XP sliders for leagues. It's just such a huge change from last year. It almost makes game prep pointless.
If you can rush for 2,000 yards with a rated 70 RB then keep him rated at 70, won't be as big a hit on your cap come contract negotiations ..
Old 08-21-2015, 12:56 PM   #14
Rookie

Don't know where to post this because two threads have been deleted regarding CFM in game confidence/hot streak...

Rex the dev tweeted that they are aware and working on the bug, and it's set to be fixed in the post launch patch (which I believe is usually 4-6 weeks post launch).

So for those who are playing CFM, are games still fun? Are the hot streaks really noticeable? (Hence - "how is your CFM going" )
Old 08-21-2015, 01:22 PM   #15
Rookie

DLloydTV's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloobloouk
I hated this about last years game too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2015, 01:35 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 2

I started a CFM with the browns, simmed the first season and relocated them to Portland, they are now the Portland Snowhawks. Used my first round pick to grab a potential franchise QB. Started the season getting blown out by NYG 35-13, but have won four in a row after that loss and head into week six 4-1 vs the Bengals.

Also the offseason additions included Coby Fleener, Larry Donnell and Nick Fairley.

Coby Fleener has been the most noticalbe addition thus far, with 5 TD's through the first 5 games. (Also leads the team in receptions and yards)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »