Home

Franchise Mode Still Giving Users No Control

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode Still Giving Users No Control within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2015, 02:23 PM   #17
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Franchise Mode Still Giving Users No Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Don't forget 2k has live to contend with so innovation is an absolute must for them. Madden sells solely on the NFL shield
That's no excuse. As much as everyone calls them money hungry, improving your oldest mode into atleast a somewhat current generational mode will only draw more fans and bring older ones back. Not only are they not improving it, they are making it worse and letting it get filled with bugs. Everyone knows live is trash anyways, theres really no competition. Playing live is like playing a first year PS3/Xbox 360 game
Old 08-23-2015, 02:31 PM   #18
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

But but but every year they tell us they're putting the controls back in the players hands.

There's no way that's just a generic promise they make every year.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #19
Banned

zbreezy100's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
But but but every year they tell us they're putting the controls back in the players hands.

There's no way that's just a generic promise they make every year.
I don't know if they think the lack of control and player editing forces us to buy a new copy of the game every year or what… but i edit and produce next season rosters on every 2k game but once the new one comes out I still and buy it and am I'm more than happy too because it seems they keep making the experience better and better for franchise users
Old 08-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #20
Rookie

I know it's time consuming, but you guys could just create 31 other owners/coaches and put them on auto everything.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:55 PM   #21
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

I really just think they're pushing more towards online leagues and taking a more mmo approach to it all. I do wish they would look at what 2k is doing and borrow some of those features but realistically they don't need to. Most of us will still buy the game and come to the boards to praise it or ridicule it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 07:08 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I really just think they're pushing more towards online leagues and taking a more mmo approach to it all. I do wish they would look at what 2k is doing and borrow some of those features but realistically they don't need to. Most of us will still buy the game and come to the boards to praise it or ridicule it.
That doesn't matter for customization if they're using the cloud though. Case and point is My Player face scans from NBA 2k15, sure they were buggy because of poor execution but once you got your face scan it was viewable by everyone playing at the park or Jordan Rec Center.

The game is fun, but the lack of customization limits the amount of fun the game could be. The kicker is I'm not entirely sure it's the devs fault, I'm sure they want to give the user a ton of customization features but the NFL/EA probably limit what they're allowed to do.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:22 PM   #23
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBootleg
That doesn't matter for customization if they're using the cloud though. Case and point is My Player face scans from NBA 2k15, sure they were buggy because of poor execution but once you got your face scan it was viewable by everyone playing at the park or Jordan Rec Center.

The game is fun, but the lack of customization limits the amount of fun the game could be. The kicker is I'm not entirely sure it's the devs fault, I'm sure they want to give the user a ton of customization features but the NFL/EA probably limit what they're allowed to do.
Yeah I agree, I have often wished for a game where suspensions and off field stuff happens. But the NFL will never allow it. I do wish we could get more freedom with editing things. I would love to have a full stadium builder like what 2k is coming out with.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:45 PM   #24
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
Just go play NBA 2K madden developers, and take some SERIOUS notes on how a franchise mode should be made..

Salary cap slider/switch, financial ambitions slider, injury slider/switch, progression/regression slider, chemistry slider/switch, trade sliders, STAR trades sliders, cpu-cpu trades on/off, cpu-cpu trade aprooval, custom playbooks useable in SIMULATION, gameplanning for all other 29 teams, players can have multiple or even career ending injuries, league realignment (edit divisions/conferences) ability to edit draft classes or import, ability to edit any roster without 30 team control, predraft workouts, predraft shootarounds, ACTUALLY being able to see players ratings in free agency, summer league games, simcast, offseason training, retired players becoming coaches/gms, each team has different teambuiling/trading methods, simple training (What your player will focus on improving each practice, simply change at will or leave to default).

And now NBA has imported relocation that is already better than Maddens, your able to not only COMPLETELY customize your arena (including every detail of your court, the type and color of wood, your stands, the basket, your press boxes, scoring table, hundreds of arena SOUNDS, what ads play in your arena, what goes on your jumbotron, types of seats and the colors, CUSTOM logos, and editable uniforms w/ custom colors) but also outside things to increase revenue like parking structures, arena transportation, merchandise stores, wifi, resteraunts etc

Madden is seriously light years behind and they will never catch up

I don't think they care to catchup...This ain't your fathers Madden this game has become a fake trading card for your real money game..... Everything having to do with real football is being taken away from your control and you are being forced and told that you like it lol...Can't blame EA for being sheep tho..I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »