Home

Madden 16 Xbox One framerate issue-FIX

This is a discussion on Madden 16 Xbox One framerate issue-FIX within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2015, 07:53 PM   #25
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 16 Xbox One framerate issue-FIX

Had this issue Sunday. Just had to turn instant off to off. Powered down and restarted. Problem solved. I'll do this once a week or so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 09:42 PM   #26
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFlow
I also would love to know if the PS4 version is smoother than the Xbox One version this year. Last year I heard they were the same.

I am on the fence this year about getting it on Xbox One or PS4. Not sure which one to get! :P
I played a few hours on EA Access until my PS4 copy arrived over the weekend. I tend to notice even the smallest details in graphics and smoothness. They are exactly the same. If you want the colors to "pop" like the Xbox One, just turn on "full color" on the PS4.

It just comes down to console/controller preference, as always...
Old 08-24-2015, 11:10 PM   #27
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

I was betting on the xbox one being the same as the ps4 so I pre ordered it for xbox one. However my first impressions were that the framerate was lower and actually pretty terrible at times. After shutting down it is so much better now. So, I think some people who experience this issue and don't know the fix would th I nk the xbox is inferior in Madden. I know I would have. I was actually considering buying it for ps4 so that I could get my smooth gameplay but alas I was saved by the OS forums.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:15 PM   #28
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5

So u are saying the colors pop more on Xbox one
Old 08-25-2015, 09:28 AM   #29
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
I played a few hours on EA Access until my PS4 copy arrived over the weekend. I tend to notice even the smallest details in graphics and smoothness. They are exactly the same. If you want the colors to "pop" like the Xbox One, just turn on "full color" on the PS4.

It just comes down to console/controller preference, as always...
Turning on Full Color is not going to make colors pop more on ps4. That setting is designed only for specific tv's

HDMI Deep Colour is about bit depth and numerical precision and doesn't provide a wider colour gamut i.e. greater saturation or more vibrant colour.

If you are talking about putting FULL Range RGB that is not the answer as this will not be good on tv's as it will cause black crush.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #30
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I was betting on the xbox one being the same as the ps4 so I pre ordered it for xbox one. However my first impressions were that the framerate was lower and actually pretty terrible at times. After shutting down it is so much better now. So, I think some people who experience this issue and don't know the fix would th I nk the xbox is inferior in Madden. I know I would have. I was actually considering buying it for ps4 so that I could get my smooth gameplay but alas I was saved by the OS forums.
I have the PS4 digital version and frame drops happen just like on xbox one.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:39 AM   #31
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5

Ps4 colors seem dull to Xbox one. I don't see improved lighting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 09:44 AM   #32
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
I have the PS4 digital version and frame drops happen just like on xbox one.
To be clear when I had the issue with the Xbox one it wasn't just an occasional frame drop. I experienced massive slow down and performance issues when I would catch a pass and run along the sidelines. It actually felt a little like it was going into slow motion. In addition to this the overall frame rate felt like it was around 30 or so....with dips much lower. In comparison I never....ever....ever...saw this kind of behavior in Madden 15 in the PS4 so I was concerned. However, resetting the cache on the Xbox One has made a night and day difference. Game appears to be running 60fps most of the time and feels as good as the PS4 Madden 15 that I am used to.

I understand that both systems are comparable and almost identical when everything is running right. However, when this "glitch" was in effect, my Xbox One version of Madden 16 was running significantly worse than how it should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »