Home

CPU Trade Logic in M16

This is a discussion on CPU Trade Logic in M16 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2015, 03:38 PM   #9
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: CPU Trade Logic in M16

It took me a 2nd round pick in 2017 and Dexter McCluster to land Duke Johnson from the Browns.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:57 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

I have noticed that the AI is oddly sensitive about trading multiple picks. For example, Fletcher Cox for a 2 was accepted, but Cox for a 2 and a 7 was "we aren't interested at all"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #11
Just started!

Don't know if this is answered somewhere but it's still pretty easy to get whomever you'd like pretty easily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2015, 12:44 AM   #12
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mri215
I haven't been able to trade for anyone! 3 first round picks aren't even getting me 85 overall players. Anyone else having trouble? And does anyone know how to get deals done for good players?
Possibly because that's completely unrealistic? Why would any NFL team trade 3 first round picks for a great player, let alone an above average one? Phillip Rivers barely commanded one first round pick during his trade rumors this offseason.

If they want to make an authentic, true-to-life football game, they may have to put exceptions like this in to prevent players from abusing this, especially in online leagues.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:48 AM   #13
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Remember also that there's a Trade Influence package for coaches which will probably help increase trade success a bit if you add it to your coach.

In my franchise I tried to trade for Eli Harold, a 3rd-round rookie OLB for San Francisco who doesn't start, and the Niners wanted absolutely nothing to do with anything I offered (I went as high as a Round 2, I didn't want to give up a Round 1 for him). To that end my limited experience so far is that the CPU is a bit tough to deal with in trades.

On the other hand, the Cardinals offered me second-year receiver John Brown and a Round 5 for my backup guard Mackenzy Bernadeau, so I suppose this is a YMMV sort of thing.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:47 AM   #14
Rookie

When are these trades happening?

Historically, I find that it is extremely hard to trade during preseason, probably because you can sometimes get great players off free agency for cheap.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:48 AM   #15
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
Possibly because that's completely unrealistic? Why would any NFL team trade 3 first round picks for a great player, let alone an above average one? Phillip Rivers barely commanded one first round pick during his trade rumors this offseason.

If they want to make an authentic, true-to-life football game, they may have to put exceptions like this in to prevent players from abusing this, especially in online leagues.
Pretty sure he is saying he was offering 3 1st rounders for an 85 ovr player but the CPU wasn't accepting. It's unrealistic, but I think he was trying to make the point that he is finding it very hard to even trade with the CPU period
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »