Home

Online vs. Offline Franchise

This is a discussion on Online vs. Offline Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2015, 10:06 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Online vs. Offline Franchise

I normally play offline, but with some of the progression issues people are reporting, I'm considering doing a solo online franchise this year.

What are some of pros and cons going online?

I assume online will get server-side fixes faster than offline will get a patch. Obviously, I'll need a consistent internet connection to play online. Are you forced to use the latest roster online?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 10:21 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Online vs. Offline Franchise

i always play online single person CFM's. i haven't had any problems, and of course, my pre release copy didn't have any lag either.

quite frankly, i can't believe in this day that there seriously is even an option, at least if your console detects internet.

the pros are the upside, server side updates, managing your cfm from a web browser or your phone. if you do that, there's daddyleagues.

some people complain about games dropping, and lost internet connection, has never been a problem.

once you start cfm no worries about roster update requirements, yet, you can dl the weekly to your console for play now games, or a new cfm.

i say do it. big fan.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:38 PM   #3
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Remember the lizard squad hack last Christmas. That is the biggest con of online CFM. I learned that last year LOL. Was forced to play dragon age inquisition.

If any xbox/PS or EA server issues happen then you won't be able to access your game save.

I do like online CFM for the reasons above too though. I'm going to run an offline with chargers and a online with a rebuild team.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Datninja619; 08-23-2015 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Can I still control 32 teams in online??
Old 08-23-2015, 11:14 PM   #5
BTW
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgeneration11
Can I still control 32 teams in online??
Unfortunately, no. Believe it's just one coach, player, or owner per online account.

B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 11:20 PM   #6
Rookie

I played an entire 16 game season with solo online connected franchise. Had zero issues with connectivity. I was playing as Christian Hackeberg (player only) on the Buffalo Bills, All-Pro difficulty, went 16-0, threw 44tds and under 20 ints, over 5000 yards too.

It was highly enjoyable. I'm not sure about the advantages other than the weeks advancing faster. They advanced super quick, but don't know how fast they do offline. I played some NCAA 14 recently and with online dynasty, it really sucks when xbox live is down, and PSN has been stable recently but also has issues, so something to consider but don't suspect you'll have more than a couple days a year you can't access, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:27 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm assuming the progression issue is offline only? Thanks
Old 08-24-2015, 01:06 AM   #8
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Actually it's the online CFM that these guys are seeing the issues right now, it's subject to change, but so far the offline guys aren't seeing the same issues w/ progression/regression.

I'm also considering playing a 32 team user controlled CFM(offline), and just playing each game myself. No simming involved and hopefully it would help stop it if it's offline as well.
The guys that are seeing regression , are online and simming ahead a full season or more(some 5 seasons or more) and seeing some messed up results.
Well, it's looking more like a sim engine issue for regression.

And the progression issue seems to be the result of drive goals being completed.
Still haven't heard if turning off the drive goals display changes it.
But yeah, mainly online CFM is having issues right now, however online can get an update faster than offline, and they've already stated they will have an update, I'm assuming sooner rather than later now.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 08-24-2015 at 01:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »