Home

Madden 16 - Player Development (unrealistically hard this year?)

This is a discussion on Madden 16 - Player Development (unrealistically hard this year?) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2015, 02:46 AM   #385
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 16 - Player Development (unrealistically hard this year?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
the difference is in real life those numbers can be wrong. On madden, 99 speed is 99 speed.

Jerry Rice is always the perfect example of this. Didn't run very fast at all in the 40 yard dash, but he sure could fly on the field
I get your point and agree with it, but speed is a poor example. 4.27 speed is 4.27.

Jerry Rice was not any faster on a football field than his 40 time, he was just the perfect route runner (which is subjective, hence why I do agree with the point).

I would not object to CFM implementing something of a scouting staff where presented ratings may vary from the true ratings, but that would require significant changes in CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 03:35 AM   #386
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I get your point and agree with it, but speed is a poor example. 4.27 speed is 4.27.

Jerry Rice was not any faster on a football field than his 40 time, he was just the perfect route runner (which is subjective, hence why I do agree with the point).

I would not object to CFM implementing something of a scouting staff where presented ratings may vary from the true ratings, but that would require significant changes in CFM.
I hear ya. Though I believe significant changes do need to be made. And from what I heard/read from the lead designer a little after release date he too believes that CFM is lacking and needs more work. Makes me believe M17 will be focused on revamping that mode.

I believe I posted this in this thread already, but I would be all for a system that hides player attributes when they are drafted and that are uncovered over time. You have to use them in order to unlock them and figure out what they are good at. This allows the player to have to evaluate their players ability by not just looking at an attribute rating.

This system would come with some ratings automatically unlocked though, like speed, strength, etc. Things that can be measured much easier than block shedding or other intangibles.

And then if people still want to keep the xp system have it to where you can only spend it on currently unlocked attributes. So you have a rookie QB and you're racking up xp, but you can only use it on his throw on run or play action rating until you use him more and unlock his THA ratings (so you could just stash the xp)
Old 11-06-2015, 03:40 AM   #387
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I hear ya. Though I believe significant changes do need to be made. And from what I heard/read from the lead designer a little after release date he too believes that CFM is lacking and needs more work. Makes me believe M17 will be focused on revamping that mode.

I believe I posted this in this thread already, but I would be all for a system that hides player attributes when they are drafted and that are uncovered over time. You have to use them in order to unlock them and figure out what they are good at. This allows the player to have to evaluate their players ability by not just looking at an attribute rating.

This system would come with some ratings automatically unlocked though, like speed, strength, etc. Things that can be measured much easier than block shedding or other intangibles.

And then if people still want to keep the xp system have it to where you can only spend it on currently unlocked attributes. So you have a rookie QB and you're racking up xp, but you can only use it on his throw on run or play action rating until you use him more and unlock his THA ratings (so you could just stash the xp)
In the past I have advocated for a system that is very similar. The only difference is that how much you know about a guy is dictated by how much you scouted him and how good your scouts are. So at the start you will have a better picture of your 1st round pick then you will of a 5th round guy.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #388
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Can players accrue xp in pre season gamesthrough goals stats and game prep or is it only during the regular season?
Old 02-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #389
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

They get XP for pre-season games and have separate pre-season goals. I use pre-season to help boost the backups since there is no off-season progression and little to no XP is gained by bench players.

A couple of reasons why development is unrealistic in this game are exactly those: no off-season progression or solid XP for bench players. For the former, that's just a major oversight. Players progress all the time in the off-season. In fact, if NFL players do not work to improve themselves in the off-season, they're likely to fall behind in the league. For the latter, all they'd have to do is create a "observant learner" trait that allows guys to gain XP while waiting their turn in the depth chart. In real life teams don't always draft a guy to start day 1 and usually do not play a guy until they're confident he is ready. Forcing players to play a guy with lesser abilities in order to upgrade him just is not right.

Last edited by SpeedyMikeWallace; 02-20-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:02 AM   #390
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyMikeWallace
They get XP for pre-season games and have separate pre-season goals. I use pre-season to help boost the backups since there is no off-season progression and little to no XP is gained by bench players.

...In real life teams don't always draft a guy to start day 1 and usually do not play a guy until they're confident he is ready. Forcing players to play a guy with lesser abilities in order to upgrade him just is not right.
On my teams, the backups I'm grooming for a starting role in the future get plenty of XP in weekly Game Prep.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:00 PM   #391
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

Unless I only prep a couple of guys per week it's usually a very small amount, like 60 xp

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »