Home

Madden NFL 16 Community Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Community Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 03:19 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I find the run is useless except to run down the clock...M15 was easy too run in, and M16 I believe is a little too difficult; need a happy medium..

Also feel that zone defense has been toned down; probably M2M is the way to go now..
If they have a weak line I have been able to run on them. But another aspect of the great detail is the fatigue. If you pound the ball, they start getting tired and more holes open up as the game progresses. If you are finding it difficult to run, just adjust the sliders a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 03:22 PM   #66
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16 Community Impressions

In the other impression thread I said how the commentary in franchise mode was improved because it actually mentioned Brady was leading the league in TDs as he came out.

Well the next week commentary took a turn for the worse. I'm playing the colts and it mentioned the same exact 2 minute story about the 21-3 comeback of the colts 3 times in the same game. It then mentioned how Andrew luck was having a bad game after he was great last (this is said while the stat banner shows his stats from last week with 1td and 3 int)

As for stat banners, I'm in week 6 and all I have seen is QB and hb comparisons, last week vs this week stats for a player, and stats for a player early in the game and late. Nothing related to my franchise at all. Unless I scroll through menus I have no clue what teams are good or what players are playing well. At least I know who is good in real life. If your a few years into a franchise you really have no idea who's good unless you manually do it yourself.

I also think the pregame scenes when they show players warming up could easily add banners highlighting or comparing players
Old 08-25-2015, 03:44 PM   #67
Rookie

Finished the 10 hour trial and I've never had more fun playing a Madden game.

But I'll be waiting to buy to see if they fix the CFM bugs.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:11 PM   #68
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by micole
Best madden ever but CAN THEY FIX THE BROADCAST MODE? it's all interverted fix the controls with the broadcast mode with a patch
This. I used to grin and bear the broadcast because it simulated real life broadcast, but honestly, you can hardly play it without throwing tons of INTS and getting sacked almost every down.

If it replicated Tecmo Bowl's side view, it would be glorious! Or have the camera pan out more to show the WRs after the snap.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #69
Banned

I noticed that online head to head games do not have referees on field! This has to be fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2015, 04:37 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I extended my lunch break after picking the game up so I could play a little. I didn't get to play much, so these are very very early impressions.

It feels like a refined version of M15 to me. That's not a knock, since I liked M15. It feels much more polished and balanced this time around.

Gameplay in the little bit I played felt good. The new UI is a big improvement. I like the new passing controls. I like that they redid the uniforms (kudos, Kane) and uniform select screen (it's a tiny thing, but not having "2012 uniforms" in there any longer just makes it feel like they're sweating the details now).

I'm not crazy about the little stat bubble. I wish I could turn that completely off, but it doesn't show up that often. I wish they had put the Zoom cam from M25 back in. I loved that camera.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #71
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

This is the first madden I brought since Madden 10. I borrowed the last two from a friend. Madden 16 is fantastic. Sure there are some things I don't like (warp DL tackles on RB's) but overall this madden is easily best since Madden 05 in my eyes. I love the new passing control and it's nice to see great WR/DB interactions. Also No super LB's!

As a FIFA player and especialy FUT, MUT is so much better it's not even funny. Control wise the menus in it and editing your team is clunky. Like why can't I just edit a lineup from scratch? Outside of those little gripes. MUT is far superior over FUT. I really love the fact there are tons of Solo challenges and opportunities to get coins and good players. FUT seems way more grind-y. Also, Draft Champions being a free mode opposed to FUT draft charging 15k coins or 300 FIFA points is another plus for Madden.

I have yet to delve into Franchise, but from what I read the training still seems pretty deep. I just wish we could create draft classes ala NBA 2k.

With all this said, Madden 16 is by far my favorite in over 10 years. This game captures the greatness that early to mid 2000s madden's had on the field. With MUT being so addictive I see madden cut into my FIFA time this year easily (I played 1300 hours of FIFA last year).

If I had to put a number on it 8.8/10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 05:16 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Man, after just a quarter of play on AP default, I am really impressed.

I'll save more detailed feedback after game one is over, but the first thing that strikes me is just how much more strategy is involved in the passing game.

When WR/DB and passing mechanics were targeted for development, I was ho-hum, but after going through the skills trainer and seeing it on the field, every passing play is super immersive now, as you have 5 throw types to choose from, 3 catch types, and much better WR/DB interaction on the whole to factor in. It really forces you to think about your QB's strengths, your matchup outside, the type of play you have called, etc.

Bravo.

And re: CPU passing, I can tell immediately that robo QB is dead, and man does that feel amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »