Home

Madden NFL 16: Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 16: Gameplay Impressions

Check out our accompanying impressions video here.

Madden NFL 16 was released yesterday and after a full day of playing the game, with just over 10 games in for me personally, it’s a good time to share some gameplay pros and cons. We’ll have more on the gameplay in our full review coming up later this week….

Read More - Madden NFL 16: Gameplay Impressions
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Good review so far and on point. I continue to make the point however that WR/DB interaction has along way to go still (while sometimes recievers break down for cuts on routes the DBs still dont have to) and the differential between stars and average joes. DBs need to be held accountable, if you take a false step forward in the NFL or even college for that matter, its six on the board. In Madden DBs still have amazing recovery ability to spin on a dime and break at full speed the way Ive never ever seen from a human being. And Madden needs to do a better job of making stars stand out. Its all about money plays and not money players, and it really should be about the players. 2K does an outstanding job of this, while Madden lags way behind.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
it could be based off Bridgewater's stats that he tries to target the first open man he sees when under pressure. Idk though. In my first game of my Titans franchise Winston constantly tried to take off if I produced too much pressure on him and he really seemed to just panic and tuck the ball. I felt like that was probably closer to what a rookie would do with his skill set in that position (especially seeing how bad rookies progression reads usually are when they first come in)
Old 08-26-2015, 10:27 PM   #4
Rookie

tb24ster's Arena

good review, but i have problems controlling my player when you play on broadcast view. whenever you receive a kick off or hand the ball to the running back , he goes backwards and locks on to him and i gave up 6 safeties on 6 opening kickoffs because my player ran through the enzone. Wow it was startling !
Old 08-27-2015, 10:05 AM   #5
Rookie

yhungharlem's Arena

Overall I'm back in love with madden. I took a couple years off because I felt they were just putting out anything. I do wonder why tattoos haven't been added to the game? I know a couple guys have them. I also know how hard it could be to put tatts on a thousand players BUT I wonder why they can't be an option in create player mode at the least????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 01:08 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 33
Gameplay is fine but I'm seriously getting frustrated with the sluggish menu navigation.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:47 PM   #7
Just started!

My letter to EA.Ok first off. Tremendous work on this years Madden. It finally feels like I'm playing football and "earning" my accolades on Madden. The animations are top notch and the overall feel is there. However the there are some small flaws that take away from the experience. #1.Awards in CFM. They are broken. The algorithm determining who gets SUPERBOWL MVP weighs more on the defense than offense. Meaning if I have a QB throw for 500 yards and 5 TDs he would lose the award to a defensive player with 2 tackles and a pick 6.Yearly awards are missing the TE position and has been for a few seasons.And instead of displaying the teams record how about some stats of why they are in the running for the award like in real football.I think you guys should take a page from NCAAs football award system. #2.NEWS feed. Is extremely flawed. I have DE who has 15 sacks and Trey Wingo says he has a "season for the ages,QBs keeps testing him and he now has the most INT this year than anyone". He has ZERO INTs. I know this was a problem last year so I know it can be fixed. It needs a revamp anyway. I know the blogs and discussion boards have you guys scrambling but it really is a good overall game. As we say in the Army, just tighten up your shot group.Attention to details.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 16: Gameplay Impressions

I'm just having a very hard time with player movement. For example, IDK how to or which control button to push when running the ball and I don't know how to control QB scrambling and avoiding sacks with players like Romo. Any one out there who is great at doing these things and can tell which buttons to push I will appreciate it. I'm on the XB1 by the way:!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »