Home

How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 16 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 16 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2015, 06:44 PM   #25
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 16 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdotstrange
Hey GOBLUE_08,

Couple questions about your season, because I got very different results in mine.
1. Are you playing ONLINE CFM or OFFLINE (I played Offline)
2. Did you do anything to sliders or anything
3. What kind of clock settings are you using for games?

I found the exact opposite in my franchise. As expected my team (clevland browns) stats offensively were about what I expected. However the rest of the teams, especially the pass first offenses. Pitt, Denver, GB, etc. were seriously lacking.

I believe I had exactly 2 4,000 yard passers on the entire season. No one even got near 4,500 yards or 40 tds.

I'm wondering what the difference is from both our results.
Playing on All Pro 12min qtrs, accel clock at 15 seconds, with slight adjustments to Qb accuracy and Wr catching, I moved both down by 5 (45) for both human and cpu. On the field it's fine, but I wanted to see how the off-season was, so I simulated all but the first game of the season (overtime win 17-14). What made me look closer was the fact that all of my games were really high scoring and Jacksonville doesn't exactly have a potent offense.

I continued to sim to the end of the season and looked over the stats for the league and passing numbers were a little high along with rushing. There were 3 qb's over 5000 yards (Ben, Brady and Manning) and 5 with over 40 td's. Not too crazy, but The TD to INT ratio is what worried me more, lots of guys with low single digit INT's and 20-25 TD passes. Low level Qb's included.

Rushing numbers weren't too bad, there were just a really high number of backs well over 1000 yards. All the other stats were fine for the most part. I don't know, maybe I'm overreacting. Hell, who knows, maybe this NFL season is really gonna be that way. As a Steelers fan I would LOVE to see Ben put up numbers like that lol.

Either way, it's too much fun to stop playing so, I'll just run with it for now and make my CFM it's own little universe, not worrying so much about uber realistic stats and 100% accurate draft classes. As long as guys don't start putting up impossible numbers and draft classes aren't too bad, then I'm good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 06:51 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

The only thing I worry about it OL regression

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider
Old 08-26-2015, 09:57 PM   #27
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

For those doing a online CFM are you guys having an issue with adjusting the defensive holding slider? I keep trying to adjust it to 55 but every time it goes back to 50.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:43 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Started a jets cfm just to see how things were this year an I've loved it so far. I started out 0-2. Think the scores of those games were like 3-14 or 10-13. Defense has been great but the offense just like real life is awful. The next 2 games I tried my best to play to Fitzpatrick s strengths an won the next 4 to end up 4-2. As long as Fitzpatrick doesn't throw the ball to the other team & zac stacy rushes for 100+ a game im good. Then after the bye week it was off to New England. I was down 0-21 with 2 minutes left before half. Scored a touchdown off a De'antony thomas screen play so I'm thinking get the ball back after half an try an make it a one possesion game. Derelle Revis had different ideas, picked brady off an returned it for a touchdown 14-21 going into halftime. First play of the second half Fitzpatrick fumbles an its returned for a touchdown. Next drive Brandon marshall fumbles an returns for a touchdown. After that the offense had no life at all. Got destroyed like 45-17. Think I'm gonna start Petty an see what he can do next week. Hoping for at least an 8-8 season.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2015, 02:28 AM   #29
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkolFTW
Started a jets cfm just to see how things were this year an I've loved it so far. I started out 0-2. Think the scores of those games were like 3-14 or 10-13. Defense has been great but the offense just like real life is awful. The next 2 games I tried my best to play to Fitzpatrick s strengths an won the next 4 to end up 4-2. As long as Fitzpatrick doesn't throw the ball to the other team & zac stacy rushes for 100+ a game im good. Then after the bye week it was off to New England. I was down 0-21 with 2 minutes left before half. Scored a touchdown off a De'antony thomas screen play so I'm thinking get the ball back after half an try an make it a one possesion game. Derelle Revis had different ideas, picked brady off an returned it for a touchdown 14-21 going into halftime. First play of the second half Fitzpatrick fumbles an its returned for a touchdown. Next drive Brandon marshall fumbles an returns for a touchdown. After that the offense had no life at all. Got destroyed like 45-17. Think I'm gonna start Petty an see what he can do next week. Hoping for at least an 8-8 season.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
It's so hard to stop Gronk, even when you think you're in position he still catches it, he's too big and fast lol. Hate playing against him
Old 08-27-2015, 02:46 AM   #30
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE_08
It's so hard to stop Gronk, even when you think you're in position he still catches it, he's too big and fast lol. Hate playing against him

I had a game in quick game where I gave up like 12 catches to him and I was really mixing up the way I was trying to stop him.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:48 AM   #31
Rookie

So I started my first franchise as the Detroit Lions played 2 preseason games to get the feel of new passing mechanics, then simmed the last 2 games. Then started regular season games

first game was a shoot out with the chargers and i won 45 to 44 with
Rivers throwing for 446 yards against me .

second game I played the Vikings and Beat them 34 to 0

then my problem happened it seems after you quit a game that finishes
it kicks you to the main menu instead of your current franchise. so you have to hit continue franchise. it may be a normal thing but it is a pain to re enter your franchise. so after i finished my viking game i decided to try Gears of war then i loaded madden again and hit continue for my franchise

only to have the football keep spinning as the game attempts to load
it keeps spinning now with with no result so basically my franchise file is corupt. or there is something wrong with franchise mode. anyone else have this issue ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 07:08 AM   #32
Rookie

I just started playing Madden last night, creating an offline franchise with the Titans. Changed things up and did a Fantasy Draft to start the year. Just to see what happened, I tried to draft the players that I have on my fantasy football team, which went fairly well. (Instead of getting Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers, I have Nick Foles and Mike Glennon. I'll post the rest of my lineup later today.) After drafting those players, I let the computer sim the rest of the draft.

Starting the preseason in Atlanta, against Aaron Rodgers and the Falcons, the Titans came out on top with a 34-29 victory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »