Home

How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 16 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 16 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2015, 07:43 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 16 Edition

Have played for 3 years now but never commented anywhere on my take...

First, anyone looking for a tip... Go sign Deanthony Thomas to your team and put him at PR, KR, and your 4th WR. He's a game changer with his speed and agility.

I'm playing with the Colts and in my first season. I'm 4-1 and finding every game tough but one vs the Saints in which I won by 20+ after going up big in 1st half.
I'm throwing INTs like they're going out of style but 8 out of the 11 or so or all my own fault making bad choices, nothing looks whacked animation wise, just eli manning syndrome.

I went and signed about 6or7 free agents that were young at CB, DE, and OL to get rid of some of high cap guys - probably gonna hurt in the offseason. Found out if you sign Aldon Smith, move him to a DE, hes a 99 rating. Not sure if meant to be that way, but I like it.

I traded Gore for Tre Mason and two other players in here but not sure on who. Mason's 7 or 8 more speed makes a HUGE difference.
I traded Vontae Davis for (I cant even remember!!) and 2 or 3 round pick.
The trade logic and system is so bad compared to 2K but trying to get used to whats acceptable. I hate that some teams wont come off players and you dont know which ones until you process the trade. The trade system and FA system need an overhaul BIG TIME. I love making moves and this feels like im in the 90s still.

The trade block offers are mostly a joke but there are a few serious ones in there if you keep them up for a couple of weeks. I wish you could see the players abilities that youre trading for without having to go to their depth chart first, memorize who you want, then go back to the trade screen. Am I missing something here??

The owner abilities is what keeps me happy as well - being able to see the numbers makes my heart thump. Hoping to sign a big FA or three in the offseason, especially on the OL since its garbage.

Sliders ive tweaked are user/cpu thrwacc down to 40. ol blocking down to 45.
8 min qtrs, accl clock to 20. Seems i may need to add another minute - but the defense gets so fatigued by the 4th qtr it seems unrealistic vs the offense. Excited for the draft process too!
Old 08-27-2015, 09:53 AM   #34
Rookie

I couldn't decide between using SF and TB at first, but ended up going with TB. Rebuilding a team is my favorite part. Tampa has several great building blocks, but the rest of the team is pretty bad. San Francisco is still just too developed for me.

I figure my long term prospects on the Bucs are Jameis Winston, Mike Evans, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Gerald McCoy, Lavonte David, Alteraun Verner, and OLB K'won Alexander. If you don't know Alexander, dude is definitely a gem. He's like a 60 OVR but has 87 Speed, 75 strength, and good Hit power, zone coverage, block shedding, etc. He's a 40 for awareness and play recognition which is the only reason he's so bad. He'll be who I spend all my development time on.

I've only played play-now games, but it seems like a good game. I just hope the CFM issues reported don't suck the fun out of the game...
Old 08-27-2015, 10:03 AM   #35
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Dont want to derail this too much but has anyone found good sliders for a player CFM? All-Pro is too easy and All-Madden is too hard. And the supersim usually has the other team either putting up ridiculous numbers or turning over the ball within 3 plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #36
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Week 3 in my offline chargers franchise and I lost in the same game rivers for 8 weeks and gates for 19.........

I'm thinking of either getting Sanchez or Barkley from philly in the interim. Try to resurrect a fellow Trojans career.

Or just wait until the patch since they recommend that anyways haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2015, 11:28 AM   #37
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
I couldn't decide between using SF and TB at first, but ended up going with TB. Rebuilding a team is my favorite part. Tampa has several great building blocks, but the rest of the team is pretty bad. San Francisco is still just too developed for me.

I figure my long term prospects on the Bucs are Jameis Winston, Mike Evans, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Gerald McCoy, Lavonte David, Alteraun Verner, and OLB K'won Alexander. If you don't know Alexander, dude is definitely a gem. He's like a 60 OVR but has 87 Speed, 75 strength, and good Hit power, zone coverage, block shedding, etc. He's a 40 for awareness and play recognition which is the only reason he's so bad. He'll be who I spend all my development time on.

I've only played play-now games, but it seems like a good game. I just hope the CFM issues reported don't suck the fun out of the game...
He's already been named the starting MLB for us. So you may want to move him to MLB and edit his ratings a bit. I am doing that before starting my Bucs CFM.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:49 PM   #38
Rookie

So far so good. I mean this is the first madden I've bought since Madden 13. And I honestly played through maybe all of 15 total games from 11-13. The last Madden I actually remember playing a lot was the one that had the true skill difficulty that changed based on how you preformed. So it's been a while for me and I'm trying to get back into it from playing years of NCAA 14.

Always have been a guy to have fun in franchise mode so playing as the Jets I went no salary cap, no trade deadline and am just trying to get a feel for the physics and what the go to plays are. Day 1 I cherry picked all the good free agents to help bolster the team any way I could. I'm now trying to find a play book that fits my style of between the tackle running and short passes.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:51 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig71
So far so good. I mean this is the first madden I've bought since Madden 13. And I honestly played through maybe all of 15 total games from 11-13. The last Madden I actually remember playing a lot was the one that had the true skill difficulty that changed based on how you preformed. So it's been a while for me and I'm trying to get back into it from playing years of NCAA 14.

Always have been a guy to have fun in franchise mode so playing as the Jets I went no salary cap, no trade deadline and am just trying to get a feel for the physics and what the go to plays are. Day 1 I cherry picked all the good free agents to help bolster the team any way I could. I'm now trying to find a play book that fits my style of between the tackle running and short passes.
Have fun with the anger of your defense making plays for the offense to mess it up the very next drive

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2015, 12:53 PM   #40
Rookie

Just for the sake of posting, here is the OFFENSIVE depth chart for my Titans team (after one preseason game, post-fantasy draft):

QB: Nick Foles, Mike Glennon, Pat Devlin
HB: Le'Veon Bell, Matt Forte, Giovani Bernard, CJ Spiller, Charles Sims
FB: Lex Hilliard
WR: Antonio Brown, Deandre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Jarvis Landry, Brian Quick
TE: Jermichael Finley, Anthony Fasano, Daniel Fells

Titans (1-0) will be at home against Drew Brees and the St. Louis Rams (0-1) in the next game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »