Home

Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers

This is a discussion on Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 12:28 PM   #33
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Kolbe says to WAIT to start your CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreakingBerry
I've honestly never heard a developer flat out come out and say "yes, don't play this mode" because there's "1000 issues" and the game is basically still in progress. I have played beta games that are more finished and polished than Madden is on a yearly basis.

If they don't scrap the code this year and pretty much re-engineer this thing line by line next year, then I think I'll finally bow out of Madden for good.
Sorry man, as someone who works for a software company and deals with release cycles, there is noway they could redo the entire code in a year. The bugs we all come across are a direct result of the development cycle being so short. The only games that are comparable are other games that are released yearly, like nba2k,mlb the show,nhl and all of these games have had major bugs on release. Would you want all of those games to scratch their code and start over? Probably not, Madden, for better or worse is a victim of their own dev cycle.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #34
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
From what I can tell from threads here and on Twitter these are some issues that they acknowledged:

Gameplay
- Tuning update for Aggressive catches being overpowered
- A fix for random Encroachment Penalties

CFM
- Ratings boost from drive goals with some players having ratings of 100+
- Regression not working properly (mainly from o-lineman)
- Rookies not adjusted to current roster (mainly inflated speed and deep accuracy)
- Re-signing contracts being off... someone on Twitter claimed that Dez Bryant signed a 5 year deal for 2 mil/year.
- Placing a player on IR no longer opens up a roster spot
- QB's getting 15+ carries a game while simming

Other
- Custom playbooks not working online
So within the franchise mode progressing people,signing people And draft classes have issues. That is probably the 3 most important things to a franchise mode and each has a bug. That's just unbelievable.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:31 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilder121
I agree to a large extent, but this mode has clearly taken a back seat to mut in recent years. It's all about the dollars and mut rakes them in. It seems like everything in the game is about getting you to play mut. It's actually really annoying.
maybe we can all get a free pack of mut cards since we cant play cfm lol. maybe thats their plan all along. break your favorite game mode and sucker you into mut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 12:31 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilder121
I agree to a large extent, but this mode has clearly taken a back seat to mut in recent years.
NO IT HASN'T...how many times does this need to be said. What changed in MUT between this year and last year? I'll wait for an answer.

Nothing.

What changed in CFM? Let's see being able to give owners more money to work with, scouting combine results, a draft watch list (which was implemented after E3) , a whole entire new scouting system, drive goals, etc. Now is this stuff the community wanted, yes and no.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:31 PM   #37
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
He said some things could maybe be fixed on server side, but others couldnt be and there was no way to undo something , like if your league already drafted and got them speed wrs. They couldnt undo stuff like that. Which is why he advised people to wait.

My only concern here is this. There are alot of issues with CFM.We need ALL of them fixed, not just some or most. Most all of these issues are Huge problems for cfm.After last year, and being handed the confidence and regression issues , and not touched at all, not even really acknowledged by them , im not going to be running my league thru a bunch of bs for another year because they didnt fix stuff. We paid for a full experience, if we get one that we are told " sorry we ran out of time" , then i think im just all around done with Madden for good. We just suffered thru a horrible year for CFM due to things just left that way to work on this one. Then we get this one and it has more issues than the last one. That to me , will be unacceptable if all of them are not fixed before even thinking of going on to work on 17.

You cant build a house half way, find out there are a ton of issues with it, fix only a few and then keep building the house on top of those issues. It will only continue to create more and more issues in the future. All of this has to be fixed before moving on to 17. If not they will spend half the time working to fix whats left from 16, then all the new stuff they add for 17 will be just as bugged as this due to "lack of time" to find the bugs because they spent too much time working on 16 bugs for 17. Somewhere they have to stop this cycle. I get it, they have limited time. So spend just 1 year, fix all your problems, give us a great game, then work on your new stuff, and that would free up more time to actually test it more.
It's highly probable as well that whatever they get out next will be fast and lightly tested, so that the risk of introducing new issues will be high.

It think it's good to wait. Me, I didn't even get the game again this year because I expected this, and I'll wait until at least end of September 2016 to see where the game is then.

So far, what we see from CFM is and has been

Old 08-26-2015, 12:31 PM   #38
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Sorry man, as someone who works for a software company and deals with release cycles, there is noway they could redo the entire code in a year. The bugs we all come across are a direct result of the development cycle being so short. The only games that are comparable are other games that are released yearly, like nba2k,mlb the show,nhl and all of these games have had major bugs on release. Would you want all of those games to scratch their code and start over? Probably not, Madden, for better or worse is a victim of their own dev cycle.
Define "major bugs" because I've bought MLB The Show and NBA2K games for the last 3 years within 48 hours of their releases and never once couldn't play a mostly bug-free franchise mode.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:34 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
From what I can tell from threads here and on Twitter these are some issues that they acknowledged:

Gameplay
- Tuning update for Aggressive catches being overpowered
- A fix for random Encroachment Penalties

CFM
- Ratings boost from drive goals with some players having ratings of 100+
- Regression not working properly (mainly from o-lineman)
- Rookies not adjusted to current roster (mainly inflated speed and deep accuracy)
- Re-signing contracts being off... someone on Twitter claimed that Dez Bryant signed a 5 year deal for 2 mil/year.
- Placing a player on IR no longer opens up a roster spot
- QB's getting 15+ carries a game while simming

Other
- Custom playbooks not working online
This one in bold blows my mind. I played TWO, repeat ONLY TWO games last night and I had 4 of these. There is ZERO way this went undetected through all the bug testing phases, by some rare chance it did & no one caught it then I'd be truly speechless at what that job entails. My guess it was known about and being fixed in the process release date hit, its minor but still annoying when you see small annoying bugs like this make it in what is supposed to be a full retail launch.

This is not a knock on the dev team since they can only do what they can do in a given time, but more a complaint that hard street dates hurt far more than help.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:35 PM   #40
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They likely didnt know about the bug until the game was released. Also its not realistic for them to delay a release for a bug in a mode that not everyone plays and will likely be patched in a few weeks tops.
Which brings us to a bigger issue in my opinion, do they even do quality testing at EA Tiburon?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »