Home

Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers

This is a discussion on Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 12:51 PM   #57
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Kolbe says to WAIT to start your CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yep and 2k cant seem to fix that on the ps4.
It's not major but it pisses me off.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:51 PM   #58
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
**** NBA2k15 barely had fouls called at release (even with sliders at 100) and it took X1 owners almost three months before it was patched.

I love the NBA2k series but its generally buggy as hell on release.
How much of that game do you play?

I've played around 350+ 12 minutes quarter games in NBA2k15 MyLeague, and I'm on XB1. Before that patch, I maxed my slider for fouls and got about10 free throws per game - not enough, but not a BROKEN MODE. Then post patch I eased up on the sliders and got good free throw and foul stats.

You're not making apples to apples comparisons. The issue you mention pales in comparison to a whole set of issues that led the game's chief developer to advise people not to play the whole mode. No one is saying the other games are percect, so don't use that straw man.

I mean, c'mon, man. You're reaching, and I'm not even sure you play NBA2k, as I never see you on those threads.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 08-26-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:53 PM   #59
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
They do but that isnt a guarantee to catch a bug. There are plenty of people here who played CFM all last week and didnt realize their were any major issues with CFM.
Also, depending on their QA testing schedule, certain bugs will be found and others wont. I highly doubt their testers are playing the game the same way we do. They probably have some QA procedures set and go through and sign off on what they tested. Then theres the part where QA finds an issue late in the cycle and the developers have to decide if it's a showstopper. Something that literally will prevent the basic functions of the game from working. Anything else probably gets a severity and worked on from there. This has been my experience at the company I work for.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:53 PM   #60
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
I'm not even sure you play NBA2k, as I never see you on those threads.
Lmao. Are you serious?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:56 PM   #61
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

probably good advice. I have played CFM to try and find all the "game breaking" bugs.

when you go put XP into your HC, it shows you spent it, then you go back in and realize it doesn't save....you wonder if ANY testing could have gone into CFM.

I am willing to be very forgiving if they patch ALL of these major issues that should be working out of the box
Old 08-26-2015, 12:56 PM   #62
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
That doesn't justify having a broken franchise mode in a sports game. Especially considering that a portion of that increase of online traffic is because of an on line franchise mode.
Who is justifying it? I never justified that. I was just responding to his reasoning and his claim that CFM is the "backbone" of Madden.

There is not a single sports game thats released that doesnt have significant bugs now a days. The key is are they significant to you?

Take NBA 2k15: There were virtually no fouls called in that game at release. It made me furious because Fouls are a significant part of the game. Most of the "sim" community here didnt care. There were maybe 1 or 2 posts about that before it was fixed. It took 2k 3 months to fix.

Thats why you see people here claiming that NBA2k never had any major bugs.....because those bugs werent "major" to them.

Take Madden 16: I dont play CFM past one season so the fact that rookies are being generated with increased speed ratings doesnt effect me at all. I recognize though that it is a big thing to alot of people.

Every game has bugs. Each year you have to hope that their isnt a bug that affects the way YOU play. Now knowing that there are always bugs on release....wouldnt it be smart to just a few weeks before buying the game?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:58 PM   #63
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
probably good advice. I have played CFM to try and find all the "game breaking" bugs.

when you go put XP into your HC, it shows you spent it, then you go back in and realize it doesn't save....you wonder if ANY testing could have gone into CFM.

I am willing to be very forgiving if they patch ALL of these major issues that should be working out of the box
I do agree that the game should be working right out of the box. All games should in my opinion. But without knowing what restraints were given to the madden developers, I personally won't condemn them for the bugs in this release.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:58 PM   #64
Rookie

That makes me feel better about waiting to buy it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »