Home

Madden 15 CFM Draft - The Good, The Bad, and The Ridiculous

This is a discussion on Madden 15 CFM Draft - The Good, The Bad, and The Ridiculous within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2015, 07:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 15 CFM Draft - The Good, The Bad, and The Ridiculous

Hello everyone.

I've been a long time observer of this forum and really enjoy the creative comments and balanced input from this community.

Everyone seems to enjoy madden in their own way but for me it has to be the creative reign I can have over a franchise in CFM. However I haven't heard of anyone else who likes to play quite the same as me. What I like to do is take a team (predominantly an expansion team) and try to make it as powerful and synchronized as possible.

Here is an example, I don't know any body who doesn't think dragons are awesome so the LA Dragons were an easy choice. But here is where I like to get a bit more detailed. Whenever I start a season I save on the fourth preseason game day and then simulate (madden 15) so that I can scout asap, then I make a determination if that crop of talent is worth the time it takes to get to the draft. On some occasions I find guys who totally fit my plan!

I found a 6'3 220 lbs WR named Lavacheya Redmon who I converted into a running back (I'll get a picture later). He is an absolute beast! Clearly his name fits with a fire breathing mascot and the primary color of the team.

Later I found another key component to the powerhouse in a mobile QB named Isaiah Drake. As well as 6'7 245 lbs TE named Deaudrick Ash (I call him Dash) and yes he is a burner.

I think you get where I'm going with this, I meticulously scan each draft and if it is unworthy then I exit, reload, and retry my method. Over these course of building 3 uber teams in the LA Red Dragons, LA Crusaders, and Orlando Sentinels (all separate save files) I've come across numerous names of oddly randomized coincidence. That's what I'm going to share with you now but if you're interested in my other teams then we can get to that as well! My point is that this game can be a blast with the right creativity but it can also be a total bummer without coherence in the creativity.

Introducing: random draft class calamities!

This guy was a horrible teammate and always picked on everyone.

If you think I'm joking... I'm not.

This guy was always flying off the handle and one time punched this next guy... Thankfully he was...

Jesus Strong! So he turned the other cheek also!

It took a long long time for long long to forgive Louis Cannon though..

Kevin Hart made a joke to lighten the mood. Something about how Louis Cannon wasn't sanitary..

(really!)

Later George Lopez copied Kevin's joke but it wasn't as funny.

Everyone was hungry so they went and got many peppers to cook.

But there was a steel lock

On the steel kitchen door

Suddenly chance knocked on the other side of the door

So they didn't have to put the many peppers in the trash.

They were special peppers found only in the rain forest.

The GM had to handle justice fairly and so Louis Cannon was cut that day along with a teammate who was arrested for possession.

Coincidentally his name was!

Someone might think this series of events was as improbable as real snow in Florida!

As impossible as when God freed Moses and the children of Israel. After an Israel Holiday called Passover!

Others might think this was just a lucky sim

But for me, it was a lucky win!

I hope you liked the story and I hope it also illuminated a problem. The randomness of cfm Draft classes is good but it would be much better if the creativity had more coherence and depth. Too many players names are silly like names ending with maggit or repeating themselves. This is my effort to show a humorous side to the problem at the same time I invite you to contribute and if you've found similar problems maybe we can make a fun and functional thread together.

Until next time let your hair blow freely in the wind... Or at least grab a blow dryer!

Peace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 15 CFM Draft - The Good, The Bad, and The Ridiculous

This is crazy
Old 08-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Have you ever noticed any strange names in your drafts? Or cool names for that matter.

- The Great I AM is greater than I am.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:26 PM   #4
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Dude you had me ROLLING with these names. Feels like I'm watching the Key and Peele skit.

Sani Terry?

No words man...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2015, 08:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Thank you! I really appreciate that! I started to document them once I started noticing names that were a little suspicious haha.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 08:36 PM   #6
Rookie

Harvey Bird(man)! Football player by day, attorney at law by night, and superhero with a mask.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is probably the best thread I have ever read on this site. Thank you for the laugh. Well played sir, well played.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:35 PM   #8
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Some of these are so funny that I almost feel like there is no way they can be real lol

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »