Home

Error, Can't download Community files Madden 16 PS4

This is a discussion on Error, Can't download Community files Madden 16 PS4 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2015, 02:48 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Error, Can't download Community files Madden 16 PS4

I am thinking this has something to do with their switch of Origin accounts into EA accounts, or whatever they had done recently when they essentially now make you use EA passwords/username with Origin. My point is that the problem is not in the game, i think it is in the Origin account, which is not allowing you to download more than one file. Basically, it blocks further downloads.

I am having the same problem on 360, other people on One/PS4. So, this is clearly and issue across the game/platform, and all have Origin in common (and that switch).

No matter what you do, delete game, reinstall, delete profile, it keeps remembering what you have downloaded last (check it under "My Downloads"). So, basically, it is a problem on their Origin server.

My 2cs.

icikle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 11:40 PM   #66
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0

I can't believe what I. Reading here....

"i cant download any community files. it keeps saying an error occurred. is that something that can be fixed? gameplay is awesome this year. hoping this upcoming patch makes it even better thank you!"

[–]Madden Creative Directorkolbel
"Will you please message me with your system, file you're attempting to DL and gamertag/PSN Id so we can look into the issue you're having. I haven't seen this anywhere else."

This was on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...ing_questions/

Last edited by strife1013; 09-04-2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:18 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman21
I am thinking this has something to do with their switch of Origin accounts into EA accounts, or whatever they had done recently when they essentially now make you use EA passwords/username with Origin. My point is that the problem is not in the game, i think it is in the Origin account, which is not allowing you to download more than one file. Basically, it blocks further downloads.

I am having the same problem on 360, other people on One/PS4. So, this is clearly and issue across the game/platform, and all have Origin in common (and that switch).

No matter what you do, delete game, reinstall, delete profile, it keeps remembering what you have downloaded last (check it under "My Downloads"). So, basically, it is a problem on their Origin server.

My 2cs.

icikle
I decided to try something different after doing everything on my account on PS4, I have deleted game, deleted files, etc and even did a complete reset of the PS4. I also did a reset of my modem and wifi. Nothing, it still got the error downloading message.

I then created a new PSN account (was going to use it for the Dualshock 4 and PS Vita connection fix, which did work) and decided to load the game on the new PSN account and see if the download would work. Sure enough, it downloaded perfectly on the new account which I had loaded on the PS4. I went back to my original account to see if I could download, and again the error. I even unactivated my old account on ps4 and activate it. I did a complete wipe of the system, and still the same error in downloading.

I am started to believe that you are right that the problem could be with the EA Origin account that is only allowing the first set of downloads then locks you out of other downloads later. It looks like it might be an EA/Origin server error.

I am going to reload the new PSN account that I created and was able to download with, and see if I can still download any new files or will I get an error downloading like my other account. I will let you later what I learned.

Last edited by dfine1966; 09-05-2015 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:22 AM   #68
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfine1966
I decided to try something different after doing everything on my account on PS4, I have deleted game, deleted files, etc and even did a complete reset of the PS4. I also did a reset of my modem and wifi. Nothing, it still got the error downloading message.

I then created a new PSN account (was going to use it for the Dualshock 4 and PS Vita connection fix, which did work) and decided to load the game on the new PSN account and see if the download would work. Sure enough, it downloaded perfectly on the new account which I had loaded on the PS4. I went back to my original account to see if I could download, and again the error. I even unactivated my old account on ps4 and activate it. I did a complete wipe of the system, and still the same error in downloading.

I am started to believe that you are right that the problem could be with the EA Origin account that is only allowing the first set of downloads then locks you out of other downloads later. It looks like it might be an EA/Origin server error.

I am going to reload the new PSN account that I created and was able to download with, and see if I can still download any new files or will I get an error downloading like my other account. I will let you later what I learned.
Maybe you should let EA know on their board about your possible solution. Nice work
Old 09-05-2015, 07:31 AM   #69
Rookie

TomZeWolf's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife1013
I can't believe what I. Reading here....

"i cant download any community files. it keeps saying an error occurred. is that something that can be fixed? gameplay is awesome this year. hoping this upcoming patch makes it even better thank you!"

[–]Madden Creative Directorkolbel
"Will you please message me with your system, file you're attempting to DL and gamertag/PSN Id so we can look into the issue you're having. I haven't seen this anywhere else."

This was on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...ing_questions/
I'm very concerned at this, how could he have not heard about this issue? I have a funny feeling this issue may not get addressed for some reason.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #70
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0

Kolb was asked this on Twitter this "any word on the Madden Share file downloading Errors? Have not ever been able to DL any file on Xbox1, Gives Error message everytime." His reply "Nothing yet. Still chasing it down as we're not able to reproduce locally"

wow
Old 09-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #71
Rookie

TomZeWolf's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife1013
Kolb was asked this on Twitter this "any word on the Madden Share file downloading Errors? Have not ever been able to DL any file on Xbox1, Gives Error message everytime." His reply "Nothing yet. Still chasing it down as we're not able to reproduce locally"

wow
Crazy, it's happening to me and 3 of my friends here in the UK.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2015, 12:58 PM   #72
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Error, Can't download Community files Madden 16 PS4

I haven't been able to upload my sliders at all. It gives me that error every single time.

I'm on Xbox1 in Texas

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »