Home

User Input (swat/interception) Not Registering.

This is a discussion on User Input (swat/interception) Not Registering. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2015, 04:33 PM   #17
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: User Input (swat/interception) Not Registering.

Had a cat last night running nothing but 4 verts with DT88 in the slot. He would pass lead inside against any coverage and get a speed boost on rac catches everytime.

Frustrating.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:37 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I feel like it has been unresponsive the last few years. This year they simply will not let you play. I never heard the term "stick jockey" before but I take it these are the people who want the player to do what he wants them to do when he wants him to do it? In The Show if I press X too early on a pitch I will miss, if I press it way early I will miss badly. In 2K if I press the shot button with Dwight Howard at the three point line I will shoot a three. But for some reason in Madden I can no longer expect my DB or receiver to do what I tell them when I tell them. I can only suggest how he should do what he was already going to do. I don't doubt that there are people who enjoy watching the two teams play each other but when I'm playing I want to actually play. I honestly don't think that's asking for too much.

I don't usually complain about Madden as I feel like it has made steady improvements since Madden 10. This lack of control, however, fundamentally changes the game I have been playing for years and, in my opinion, is the worst thing to hit Madden in I don't know how many years. Maybe ever. Playing defense used to be fun. It was my favorite part of the game. Now on defense I'm regulated to the defensive line because I can't trust anyone else to not ignore my button commands.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:56 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 21

I was about to come and make a thread about this and see one is already here. I was in practice mode noticing the SAME thing the OP speaks of.

I have been trying to just do simple swats of the ball and it seems the swat animation randomly works. It looks as though depending on what animation the WR triggers, the defenders animation is overruled by it. It ignores what you want and does what the game wants. I am pressing swat but instead my safety goes into a try and catch the ball animation.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:04 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 21

Also, has anyone else noticed at times when you are pressing whatever button(A,X,Y...don't matter) to defend the ball, your defender warps to a spot before he starts his animation...its like the game is trying to force your defender to a certain spot just so whatever animation its trying to create can be played out. It at times takes your defender out of position and puts the WR in better position.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:22 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

A button mashing game within a game seems to me what madden 16 is. If you want a somewhat realistic game you are forced to play no switch rules. Which is not a bad thing but ea needs to give us the control back. Madden is starting to feel like that baseball game that some say has predetermined outcomes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 05:27 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have to ask, how much do you earn a year with your elite Madden skillz?

Point being - the overwhelming majority of people have to work or go to school, and really, it would be the 10 year old in his parents basement with 12 hours to burn every day that has the elite skillz through constant play..
Pressing circle to switch to a defender/receiver moving him into position and pressing triangle or the swat button (if its even still in this year...) isn't exactly executing a ten hit combo on Tekken. There are no elite skillz necessary, its just playing the game. In the past if you dont want to/couldn't do that you could easily just throw the ball and let the CPU do the catching. Now there is no choice, you can't user catch/swat/pick/tackle on any type of pass, you can only tell the player how you want him to do it. I'm not sure why they took user control out of the game, and I'm really not sure what the people who never user's before gain from it being taken out. Better animations? That couldn't have been achieved without taking control away from the user? I work too and also play many other games but this doesn't help me at all. This takes a game that could have been great and lowers it down to Madden 09 levels. And I mean that most other aspects of the gameplay are awesome, from the passing to the tackling '16 made major strides in gameplay. If it weren't for the lack of user control this would easily be my favorite Madden since the PS2 days.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 3

Im glad others are seeing the issues as well to give it some credence. its very frustrating, especially when it gives up a huge gain you could have challenged differently. I recently was playing against the giants and Eli threw it up to ODB and i got there and went for the swat, my DB put his hands up, stood flat footed and did what i can best describe a duck.

I dont any magic to happen when i take over a defender, i just want to control my actions and have them represented accurately. If they result in a mistake, so be it.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 08-27-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:12 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Has anyone checked on difficulties to see if you have more user input? I know on pro in the past that was the only difficulty that you could go up to the highest point with a receiver. May worth checking into the n adjust sliders from pro difficulty?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »