Home

There needs to be better outside speed rush DL

This is a discussion on There needs to be better outside speed rush DL within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2015, 07:14 PM   #17
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: There needs to be better outside speed rush DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I haven't simmed a season at all, but I'd be curious to see if DE's are registering sacks during sims at least. It really seems as if its impossible to get manual pass rush from the DE positions, in comparison to DT.
oh they do. at least JJ watt does. in my CFM he had 25 sacks on the year.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:15 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman17
The days of the scrambling QB are back. contain is garbage in this game.
Unfortunately, your best bet is putting a fast LB or DB into a spy if you have to defend against a scrambling QB.

The contain assignment will usually only be successful if the ends get a clean release upfield after the snap and are able to match the depth of the quarterback's dropback, which happens very rarely in Madden. The ends typically get stood up way too close to the line of scrimmage, instead of the initial contact with the OT occurring a lot further upfield.

If the ends were capable of consistently keeping their field depth even with the quarterback, then we wouldn't even need to use the contain assignment, because ends going for an outside speed rush would naturally be in position to prevent a sideline scramble:

The QB's "escape path" from the pocket should generally be up and out, not back and sideways like it still is in Madden.

Last edited by jyoung; 08-27-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:24 PM   #19
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
There needs to be better outside speed rush DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Unfortunately, your best bet is putting a fast LB or DB into a spy if you have to defend against a scrambling QB.

The contain assignment will usually only be successful if the ends get a clean release upfield after the snap and are able to match the depth of the quarterback's dropback, which happens very rarely in Madden. The ends typically get stood up way too close to the line of scrimmage, instead of the initial contact with the OT occurring a lot further upfield.

If the ends were capable of consistently keeping their field depth even with the quarterback, then we wouldn't even need to use the contain assignment, because ends going for an outside speed rush would naturally be in position to prevent a sideline scramble:

The QB's "escape path" from the pocket should generally be up and out, not backwards and sideways like it still is in Madden.

You explained it better then me thank u..my issue isn't sliders, isn't totals, the issue I see is when attacking the outside ur doing it at the LOS....the OT should be kick sliding, while the DE/OLB is attempting to beat the tackle to the edge..the ends need to "run the arc"...flip side if the tackle is agile and has good form..should be riding the end wide..allowing the QB to step up in the pocket..it appears the ends/OLB no matter ACC or SPD can't get to the edge..

Look how wide this gets..how quick not only B Irvin is but RT kick slides..but B Irvin transfers the speed to power..in Madden OT and Ends engage way to close to the line

http://youtu.be/UpQEAPcYiXs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 08-27-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:53 PM   #20
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Another thing that's bothering me is the "edge rush" d-line adjustment.

Two, three years ago they had it ideal, where the ends would rush up-field. But for some reason last year, they made the decision to re-design it back to the way it was before where the ends will literally turn their shoulders towards the sideline and run OUTWARD before turning up-field to try to gain depth. Other than looking horrible and being ineffective, it is totally unrealistic.

I just don't get the thinking behind that.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:46 AM   #21
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
I am dumbfounded to see that they took out sliders for pass rushing and pass blocking. Typical EA bullspit.

I think this is the first year in a long time that madden plays a good game but yeah I don't get why they would do that either and I guess the block shedding slider for run d is out to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 02:51 AM   #22
Rookie

Im using a all star front 4 and my DT's are getting more sacks, hurries than my DE's and my ends are Watt and Wilkerson. But using square when engaged there throwing themselves way outside. So far outside there like taking themselves out of a chance to make a sack or hurry. Like using square in engagement there making themselves kinda go into a flat zone while facing the QB. Its just wierd
Old 08-28-2015, 03:46 AM   #23
Banned

I definitely agree with this thread whole heartily. I think the entire pass blocking and pass line play in general needs overhauled because it does not resemble real NFL football at all. I will say that line play is probably the only game-play aspect that other football game does better now.

Their are some animations where the defensive linemen can push offensive linemen in the back field and defensive ends attack the outside shoulder of the tackle but they do not trigger nearly enough. I wonder for a temporary band-aid if they can tune it so that these edge rush animations trigger more.

Last edited by SportsGamer94; 08-28-2015 at 04:53 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:10 AM   #24
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
I definitely agree with this thread whole heartily. I think the entire pass blocking and pass line play in general needs overhauled because it does not resemble real NFL football at all. I will say that line play is probably the only game-play aspect that other football game does better now.

Their are some animations where the defensive linemen can push offensive linemen in the back field and defensive ends attack the outside shoulder of the tackle but they do not trigger nearly enough. I wonder for a temporary band-aid if they can patch it so that these edge rush animations trigger more.

This is the games biggest weakness when it comes to game play this year. If they can improve this has much has they did the WR/DB integrations this year for next year then this game can go from good to great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »