Home

Favorite base D and offensive formation?

This is a discussion on Favorite base D and offensive formation? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2015, 08:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Favorite base D and offensive formation?

This might sound cheesy but I play a lot online and on the site you can play for money so i need to be cheesy when necessary and would love to hear if you guys got any tips. So does anyone have a good formation that has multiple plays or just plays/blitzes that that work very well in general? Last year it was pistol and the counter/trap/power combo and then the PA around on offense for me and a lot of others but this year it doesn't seem to work as well besides the trap.

On defense its a lot less cheesy since most teams use a base defense in the NFL so whats your go to formation and plays? Last year for me it was the nickle 3-5-5 cover 3 or 4 with some adjustments. Any other tips are appreciated to help me from losing money!

note: I use the hawks usually because im awful and people let me lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 08:41 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Favorite base D and offensive formation?

I prefer 4-3 but I typically use what base is the default for the playbook of the team I'm using.

I leave my base D on the field for up to 3 WR sets and handle the formation variations with coverage shells a la Nick Saban thread from Madden 15.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:30 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Favorite base D and offensive formation?

This may not be for you as it does not work for cheese, but I run the following:

base D = 4-3 under
I just like it. If you have the right personnel it works well, but it is horrible with the wrong players. This is why I really hope EA changes depth charts in the future to use Sam and Will instead of LOLB and ROLB.

offense = singleback sets with "11" personnel. In the past I have ran more more "12" with the second TE in the slot when I had the talent on my team to do that.
I like the versatility it gives me. I don't like switching personnel groupings too often because it is easier for defense to catch on to tendencies and it makes audibling easier. I can spend an entire drive with this group.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »