Home

How to Progress Players

This is a discussion on How to Progress Players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2015, 10:42 AM   #17
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How to Progress Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
I have noticed this too in my player CFM. Like all the XP I get from developing my player weekly is basically meaningless, it wasn't like this last year.

It can't be all tied into drive goals, can it? That wouldn't be smart, sometimes the drive goals seem forced and make no sense within my gameplan, I just took them as suggestions.

Not to get too far off topic here, but I'd like to see them fix drive goals too. Often times they seem just unrealistic for the current game situation. I've seen sometimes, I'm up by 3 scores in the 4th quarter, with 5 minutes left, and they want me to complete 3 passes on the drive to a specific WR, or pass for 35 yards. Like, why the heck would I do that? At that point, with that lead, I'm just running out the clock.

I do agree with the OP though. I'm not sure what happened to the game planning XP options. Last year you could do specific positions, like there would be 30 some activities I could choose from. This year there's just the one option that resembles the old "scrimmage" option from M15. It still has the arrows on it though to move left/right to other options, however those options don't exist. I wonder if that's a glitch or something they are going to patch in CFM. It seems odd the way it's laid out. It's like something is missing there.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:51 PM   #18
Rookie

denniscvd's Arena

OVR: 1

I am really confused. I see people who say it is hard to progress players, yet I also see pictures of Tebow being 99 and Murray 121.

What is the difference that I am seeming to not understand? Is that 99 Tebow thing just a temp bonus, or did he then really progress to 99?
Old 08-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniscvd
I am really confused. I see people who say it is hard to progress players, yet I also see pictures of Tebow being 99 and Murray 121.

What is the difference that I am seeming to not understand? Is that 99 Tebow thing just a temp bonus, or did he then really progress to 99?
That's the widely reported in game bug that occurs with "drive goals". The players get boosted way up in game but revert to themselves after the game. The actual ratings of the players are the ones that people in this thread are referring to

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #20
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

It's definitely too stingy right now. Game prep is useless because you barely get any XP and milestones do nothing. I broke the record for pass yards and touchdowns in a game and got 2k XP. Last year that would've been closer to 40 or 50. There's gotta at least be middle ground.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:19 PM   #21
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
When you play the games it is better and if you do well you can get rewarded.

If you sim you are SOL right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which means the CPU-controlled teams are SOL, correct? This is why I created that similar thread. I would love something between Madden 15 and 16 with regards to XP progression because I sim a bunch so I can play 10+ years over a month or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 07:28 PM   #22
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

i could be wrong but at the end of the season wont players progress or regress based on their season? so for example a WR at 80 but in the season has 1200 yard 15 td will progress how every much, and then you have the Xp on top of that?
Old 08-28-2015, 08:40 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

I agree there needs to be a middle ground. Last year was too much, this year is too little. I mean 800xp if my WR gets 1000 yards receiving? Thats not even enough to buy another catch skill point.

If a player in real life has a great season he gets a good boost to his ratings in the next year's madden. Can't they tune it so you would get the approximate amount of xp that it would take to make the changes that happen in the standard rosters?
Old 08-29-2015, 09:41 AM   #24
Just started!

So does anyone know for sure if the patch is addressing this issue or not?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »