Home

How to Progress Players

This is a discussion on How to Progress Players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to Progress Players

I'm finding it difficult to progress my players in CFM this year. Last year I could just use game prep to boost my players at any position. Now, the game prep xp reward is around 50 xp, so it isnt too useful. You can use the drills to get xp, but the positions are so limited. If I want to upgrade my wide receiver am I just out of luck? Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How to Progress Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanknoch
I'm finding it difficult to progress my players in CFM this year. Last year I could just use game prep to boost my players at any position. Now, the game prep xp reward is around 50 xp, so it isnt too useful. You can use the drills to get xp, but the positions are so limited. If I want to upgrade my wide receiver am I just out of luck? Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated

Wait on the patch.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:30 PM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggunn4z
Wait on the patch.
Has it been confirmed that this is coming in the patch? If so where?
Old 08-27-2015, 11:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

No, but they said they are aware of this issue and that they are working on "Fixing all of the release day issues" and will all be in the patch.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

not sure why u need a patch..Yes u get just a little exp on that stuf however in the pre season and reg season games now you earn xp and confidence based on goals..example have my rb run for 50 yards gain xp, rush for a td, gain xp.. same for tackles sacks, catches ect.. im constanlty seeing white colored numbers for xp on catches
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 05:11 AM   #6
Rookie

saybur's Arena

Most people are reporting getting a max of around 9k XP for a pro bowl season. If that is the case then best case scenario you're looking at over 2 seasons just to get someone out of Slow Dev. I've always wished that was something we could change in our roster file before starting a franchise. They seem to always randomly choose rookies to throw Slow Dev on. :/
Old 08-28-2015, 06:53 AM   #7
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

I don't recall seeing anyone saying that the patch would necessarily increase the XP granted to players, was this mentioned somewhere? I know the whole drive goals thing leading to insane boosts was brought up, but personally I thought the drastically decreased XP was by game design and to definitely be more of a grind to upgrade players.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:40 AM   #8
Pro

I have noticed this too in my player CFM. Like all the XP I get from developing my player weekly is basically meaningless, it wasn't like this last year.

It can't be all tied into drive goals, can it? That wouldn't be smart, sometimes the drive goals seem forced and make no sense within my gameplan, I just took them as suggestions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »