Home

CFM cut players disappear ....AGAIN

This is a discussion on CFM cut players disappear ....AGAIN within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2017, 09:51 PM   #121
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: CFM cut players disappear ....AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Here is the problem:

In Madden 18, the bottom feeders arent disappearing....the top guys are:

For example, I am running a offline CFM with 32 team control. I cut TJ Ward (81 overall) from the Broncos and Dwight Lowery (79 overall) from the Chargers. They are the two highest rated safeties in the free agent pool.

So I advanced from the preseason to the reg season and woke up this morning and found out Ward signed with the Bucs. So I go to add him and he's gone. Not in the FA pool. Not on the Broncos....just gone. Same with Lowery.

I dont give a **** about the bottom feeders but top players missing is a problem.
Did you check league transactions to see if another team signed him when you advanced? An 81 ovr safety likely could have been nabbed by any team.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 10:35 PM   #122
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
Did you check league transactions to see if another team signed him when you advanced? An 81 ovr safety likely could have been nabbed by any team.

Yep. I control all the teams. I have all of the teams set to manual control when it comes to every roster move. I checked every roster to see if he was on them. I also checked the transactions.

Lowery and Ward were gone.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:07 PM   #123
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

That's unfortunate. I guess you could roleplay that they figured that was it and retired. But we shouldn't have to do that

Old 09-03-2017, 11:22 PM   #124
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
That's unfortunate. I guess you could roleplay that they figured that was it and retired. But we shouldn't have to do that

Luckily I kept a save before week 1 so I wont advance until the top people get signed. I just noticed that Kaepernick is another one who disappears.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:35 AM   #125
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

What kind of workaround for this decision is there?

My first thought would be to navigate to each decent or veteran who's being cut, change their position to something clearly ridiculous, making their Overall rating lousy, thus retaining them in the "bottom feeder" pool. Then, after the FA pool is established, go back and re-edit each position to its original value. Has anyone tried this?

Last edited by goalieump413; 09-04-2017 at 02:40 AM. Reason: A thought popped into my head
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 06:36 AM   #126
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

I keep seeing everywhere on this site that Madden is a game that has code written over code written over code for about at least 6-8 years worth, so im thinking all these legacy issues are still a problem because of that, and thats the problem here. I WANT TO PLAY A 2017, ABOUT TO BE 2018 FOOTBALL GAME. This game literally has issues you would see back in 2010, actually probably 2008. So really its a 2008 or 2010 football game with 2017 rosters and graphics.

Its time for a complete overhaul..
Old 09-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
I keep seeing everywhere on this site that Madden is a game that has code written over code written over code for about at least 6-8 years worth, so im thinking all these legacy issues are still a problem because of that, and thats the problem here. I WANT TO PLAY A 2017, ABOUT TO BE 2018 FOOTBALL GAME. This game literally has issues you would see back in 2010, actually probably 2008. So really its a 2008 or 2010 football game with 2017 rosters and graphics.

I think we all probably agree, but a complete overhaul is never going to happen.
Hell, they ported over much of the game from prior consoles, and with a 1 year development cycle....which I am SURE is contracted by the NFL license agreement.
It is what it is.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2017, 11:03 AM   #128
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8

It has been time for a complete overhaul for a few years now. EA and the NFL would never allow it though. Both of them need and want a yearly game and a complete overhaul would take years of development. The only way that could happen is if EA would invest in a separate team to work on an overhaul while the current team continues to pump out minor updates games. That is most likely never going to happen so we have to sit and wait for all the problems in the current game to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »